First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon 2.0t
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Just how deep and how did the Jeep do? Water under doors etc?
It's hard to say exactly the max depth, but from reviewing the video, the tires (315/70R17 KO2s) were damn close to being under water for a portion of the crossing. The Jeep did awesome. I had the trans in 1st in manual mode and 4Hi, with both lockers engaged courtesy of the Tazer. I could feel the tires grabbing and clawing at the rocks as I crossed. The carpet was damp in some spots but no standing water inside. I can say I would not want to do this crossing with stock JLUR. I think the 2 inch lift and extra height from the 35s saved me from having a really bad day. At one spot, I felt the rear of the Jeep float a bit and shift with the current of the water. It was moving rather briskly.

beast40

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
The family and I had a great beach weekend. Saturday we went to Freeman park, it was incredibly packed, lots of nice Jeeps etc but wasn't ideal for a party of 10. The next day we went to Fort Fisher which was just awesome! More sand to play on and explore.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do WITH your Jeep today. Beach2

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do WITH your Jeep today. Beach3

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do WITH your Jeep today. Beach1

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do WITH your Jeep today. Beach5

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Took a ride to see some covered bridges today with two of my boys. This is Bridgeton, Indiana. Picked up some fresh ground corn meal and grits from the working gristmill, too!

PXL_20210718_190420832.jpg
Nice Pic Dan :like:

Sponsored

Punknhed

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Punkin Rubi XR
drove to my buddies place in n augusta sc. 10 min from his exit got poured on with the top down. my son was not thrilled with me seeings we knew we were gonna get wet and i tried to make it anyway lol

omnitonic

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys in Sarge Green
Occupation
truck driver
I finally got to complete the trip I tried to take last week. It's a shame my son didn't get to experience the rest of this little 27-mile loop. I guess it's an "easy" trail by Jeep standards, but lots of the worst places had bypasses, and I didn't take any of them.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do WITH your Jeep today. 1626754875536

This huge mud puddle had a coating of scum, and clearly hadn't been disturbed in a long time. I made it through last time, so I headed right on in. About halfway through, there was an ugly crunch thud thump, and I think I smashed something with my skid plate while violently bottoming out my front suspension. Hmmmmm. Well, I made it through.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do WITH your Jeep today. 1626755269605

I came to a bypass where it wasn't obvious what the bypass was going around. Huh? Then I remembered. Oh yeah. This deeply washed out place might be too much for a lot of pickup trucks and such. I stopped in the worst of it, took some pictures, and tried shaking the Jeep to see how much it wanted to tip over. It definitely rocked side to side, but I think that was pretty much all tire flex. It didn't feel particularly tippy, which really surprised me, to be honest. That thing ain't exactly in an optimal orientation for maximal stability.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do WITH your Jeep today. 1626755539403

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do WITH your Jeep today. 1626755583186

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do WITH your Jeep today. 1626755626615

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do WITH your Jeep today. 1626755657393

I love that flexy bastard. I could definitely go with bigger tires, and still have plenty of clearance.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do WITH your Jeep today. 1626755833573

Finally, I pulled off to reconnect my sway bar and air the tires back up. Between my deflators and my compressor, I've got this pressure management thing licked now.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do WITH your Jeep today. 1626755861816

And oh yeah, the wild blueberries were finally starting to ripen, and I got to eat a few. I guess these were wild huckleberries? You hear about huckleberries around here, but I never definitively saw one until I encountered these. I'm still not sure if they're huckleberries as such. Anyway, it was a treat getting to eat some kind of wild blueberry type fruit. I have like 10 blueberry bushes in my yard, and I haven't gotten to eat a single berry in many, many years. I just have all the birds living here. I have an utterly stupid number of birds living on a little 1/2 acre property. My wineberries all disappear before I get to eat them too. Sigh.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do WITH your Jeep today. 1626756033944

As I drove home, I took a moment to ponder how unlikely it is that anyone would make a vehicle that could do all this stuff, and still function perfectly well as a daily driver on my 70-mile highway commute. Jeep Wranglers are extremely awesome!

KrisEdward

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JL Sport S
Nice looking Jeep. What's the lift setup? And what size tires are you running?
Rubicon take off shocks, front end .5 spacer, 33" KO2. FWIW PSI was down to 20ish and had around 200lbs of cargo and two passengers with those pictures.

Sponsored

beast40

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
You can't post Axle pictures without some Stats!!! Lets hear them!