What did you do WITH your Jeep today.

Thdoors

First Name
Dabber
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon, ‘06 Dodge 2500, ‘15 Honda Pilot
So, I went to change my oil today on my 2020 JLUR 3.6L. After getting all set up, I grabbed my 13mm socket and ratchet to remove the drain plug. Nothing! The damn thing wouldn’t budge. I ended up stripping the head, so I grabbed the vice grip, but due to my @Metalcloak skids, I couldn’t get any leverage.

I then had to remove the front skid, figuring that would do the trick to provide some work space. Skid off, I took the vice grip to it, but nothing. The fucking thing wouldn’t move. I took the Jeep to the dealer for my free oil change the last time and all I can figure out it the tech torqued that bitch to 150lb ft or something.

Now I was pissed and if it wasn’t for my EMDR therapy, I would have driven the damn Jeep through the dealers big front glass wall! A calmer head prevailed, thank God!

I called a local parts store and they had a plug. I then got on the inter webs and searched “how to remove a stripped bolt.” It was there that I came across this little gem. I watched a few videos of it being used and it looked easy enough, so I went to Lowe’s and after searching for about 30 minutes with the help of an employee, we found one.

Left Lowe’s, went to the parts store, got the drain plug, air and cabin filters and went home praying this Irwin Bolt Grip would work. Grabbed the 13mm one, hammered it on and tried to get it off, again, wouldn’t move...WTF, I then grabbed a breaker bar for more leverage and it finally came free.

What should have been a 20 minute job ended up being a couple hour fiasco! So, not only did my dealer torque the plug to I don’t know what, they also put in 6qts of oil when they did my one and only oil change there (I did the first and this one).

NEVER AGAIN will I go there for anything other than warranty/recall work. And speaking of the Devil, my rear defroster wire came off this weekend like so many of y’all, so I will be going there soon...uuuggghhh

2CCF1193-2CA4-401C-8957-979113D3E9C5.jpeg

zeebo56

First Name
Zee
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep wrangler unlimited sport
Vehicle Showcase
Watched my wife drive off in it as I do most weekdays since I don't use it for my commute of 130 miles round trip :/

obwahn

First Name
Mike
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR (Wrikki), 2018 Grand Sport (V)
Occupation
Retired puter dork
Vehicle Showcase
Last edited:

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
I was a little late getting out in the field, but pulled up a chair and watched the sunset last night while chatting with the wife about up coming adventures. Set up the GoPro to capture a quick time lapse video, It is about 25 seconds.

306overland

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 YJ, 2020 JLU Sahara Altitude
I was a little late getting out in the field, but pulled up a chair and watched the sunset last night while chatting with the wife about up coming adventures. Set up the GoPro to capture a quick time lapse video, It is about 25 seconds.

I know nothing about the GoPro and did not realize they had time lapse! That’s something I need to look at.

Jeep Generation

First Name
Kevin
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2014 JK Willys, 1999 TJ Sport, 1966 CJ5-A
Sure glad nobody was hurt when you flopped.
Thanks! Hard to see in the video. I wasn't filming, my wife and her friend filmed that section. I tipped into the side of the v-notch and broke the mirror and dented the door. The winching made it look way worse than it was. We count our blessings that everyone was okay and were able to drive home. Just need a new door.

Jeep Generation

First Name
Kevin
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2014 JK Willys, 1999 TJ Sport, 1966 CJ5-A

That's awesome!

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
The
I know nothing about the GoPro and did not realize they had time lapse! That’s something I need to look at.
Gopro 9 has three different types of time lapse modes.

Mx5red

First Name
Paul
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2020 JLUR, 2008 M3 (sold), 2013 JGC (sold)
We traveled to Sedona for our 20th anniversary and did our first two Badge of Honor trails. On the way up to Sedona, we hit Table Mesa trail. While in Sedona we ran Schnebly Hill Rd., but it was still closed at mile 4, which sucked.
208BABF9-2487-4CE9-96F1-3E03C085D26E.jpeg
10BED044-7DE9-47E0-A39C-6A32B6B8C4D3.jpeg
D1099008-4DC3-48A1-8ACC-1865A992732F.jpeg
Go Blue!
Sucks Schnebly hill was closed..

cactusflier

First Name
Taun
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JULR, 2006 R53
Occupation
A320 Pilot, recently retired
Drove the Four Peaks Trail from out of Phoenix area up and over and down into the Roosevelt Lake area. Basically just a forest service road but it went through the area that burnt in last year's Bush Fire.
FXT40887.jpg
FXT40896.jpg
FXT40899.jpg
FXT40897.jpg

Advertisement

Hothead Headliners

Advertisement