What did you do WITH your Jeep today.

vonbek

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
I wish I had taken a picture but I was in a hurry due to incoming rain.

I hauled 15 80# bags of Quickcrete in the cargo area of my JLUR. Needless to say it was squatting a little. It handled the load a lot better than I thought it would being lifted on 37's.
I did that with about a 1000 lbs of marble chips. I was a little shocked when I noticed that I could see over the hard top. It handled it well enough, but the steering and brakes were a bit squishy. Next time, I'm getting a trailer. (No lift, stock 33's)
Sponsored

SleepEatJeepRepeat

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Looking at Jeep stuff all day
Vehicle Showcase
And ? Noticeable difference ?
huge about an 80% reduction in freeway wander, steering is tight and and no wobble in bumps..

Can still feel the steering issue is there but if I had picked the Jeep up like this I would of thought it was fine, just super aware now

Bricazo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Moab
huge about an 80% reduction in freeway wander, steering is tight and and no wobble in bumps..

Can still feel the steering issue is there but if I had picked the Jeep up like this I would of thought it was fine, just super aware now
I installed the same one about 2 months ago and I agree! Huge difference in wander and stability.

Sponsored

SleepEatJeepRepeat

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Looking at Jeep stuff all day
Vehicle Showcase
I'm at 14.. I tried it higher but felt too firm to me.. When taking a turn I felt like the wheel wouldn't spin back fast enough, if that makes sense
that is exactly why I asked, I feel like I have to whip it back in line on some turns.. like it wants to keep turning.. how does it feel at 14?

Sponsored

Bricazo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Moab
that is exactly why I asked, I feel like I have to whip it back in line on some turns.. like it wants to keep turning.. how does it feel at 14?
Its much better at 14 simple to adjust with a flat head screwdriver.. I would play around with it.. I started in the middle(12) and went up/down from their. Each click is a noticeable change

Jeepdude101

First Name
Isaac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR black
Occupation
Construction field worker
Vehicle Showcase
I took my jlur to the dealer today for the V41 recall (steering dampener) and its on backorder I’m guessing national because I have seen a thread of the same thing but in a different state wonder how long it will be haven’t had any death wobble just light steering feel smashed my steering dampener on a rock a while back works fine but I get a new one :LOL:

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I took my jlur to the dealer today for the V41 recall (steering dampener) and its on backorder I’m guessing national because I have seen a thread of the same thing but in a different state wonder how long it will be haven’t had any death wobble just light steering feel smashed my steering dampener on a rock a while back works fine but I get a new one :LOL:
just a heads up.... and you may already know but make sure they put it on right. Lot of people having problems with wrong way installs....:)
Sponsored