First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Website
lantanapcguy.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
So I took my son tent camping last week to Big Bend National Park. We hiked, ate great camping food, hung out with bears, drove to Terlingua, hung out with the Mayor of Lajitas, and did some off-roading. Our off-roading adventure started off from Rio Grande Village Dr to Glenn Springs Rd. We then made our way to the Black Gap 4x4 trail – the only Jeep Badge of Honor trail in Texas. We continued on dirt until we finally made it to Rio Grande Village about 4 hours later. In that whole time, we only saw two vehicles, one of which was a Park Ranger. Such beautiful country! Our only casualty was discovered when coming back home on Sunday and going through the Border Patrol check point. One of the officers said, “Your back wheel is leaking”. I was like huh? Got out and sure enough our tire was spewing air. It was a mystery as to when this happened. Anyway, it was a great learning experience for my son on how to change a tire. Took the tire to discount tire the next day who found a 2 inch gash on the inside. Lucky me, I got to purchase a new tire! Here are a sample of our pictures. I hope you enjoy!

https://www.nps.gov/bibe/planyourvisit/black-gap-road.htm

-Blake

BB1.jpg

BB2.JPG

BB3.JPG

BB4.JPG

BB5.jpg

BB6.JPG

BB7.JPG

BB8.JPG

BB9.JPG

BB10.JPG

BB11.JPG

BB12.JPG

BB13.JPG

BB14.JPG

BB15.JPG

BB16.JPG

BB17.JPG

BB18.JPG

BB19.JPG

BB20.JPG

BB21.JPG

BB22.JPG

BB23.JPG

BB24.JPG

BB25.JPG

BB26.JPG

BB27.JPG

BB28.JPG

BB29.jpg

Dawn Patrol

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Awesome! We are going there in September. We're finally introducing our daughter to the park that we named her after.
Are you guys camping our staying in a hotel? We stayed at Blackwoods but originally booked Mt. Desert Campground. I just saw Chris from Venture 4WD stayed at Mt. Desert Campground last week and it looked beautiful! Whether it is camping or staying in a hotel, I'm sure your daughter won't be disappointed!

Sponsored

Sponsored

Dawn Patrol

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
That first picture is awesome! Is this in penn? I live in CT but that looks worth the trip!
Thanks @Kheroux ! That picture is from a couple weeks ago when we took a family camping trip to Acadia National Park, Maine, and then headed back to PA through Vermont. You should definitely go since you're probably 3-4 hours closer. It was so much fun! It was about a 12 hour drive when you count the obligatory stop at L.L. Bean. I think I posted pictures on here from three weeks ago at Hickory Run, PA if you are looking for a closer trip (though I'd probably head to upstate NY if I lived in CT).

Kheroux

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black JLU Rubicon
Thanks @Kheroux ! That picture is from a couple weeks ago when we took a family camping trip to Acadia National Park, Maine, and then headed back to PA through Vermont. You should definitely go since you're probably 3-4 hours closer. It was so much fun! It was about a 12 hour drive when you count the obligatory stop at L.L. Bean. I think I posted pictures on here from three weeks ago at Hickory Run, PA if you are looking for a closer trip (though I'd probably head to upstate NY if I lived in CT).
What part of upstate would you recommend? I lived in near Poughkeepsie for most of my life before CT and never really made it out anywhere with great offroading. And awesome ill look back and check out your Hickory Run post.
Sponsored