What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

grandsrus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
Built this, couldn’t spend the big bucks on a premade one.

Total was $21 for aluminum and $8 for hardware, rest of the stuff i had already.

C8F0A846-7264-4472-BD0C-92004793B9F0.jpeg

C7BD7982-EC54-4363-A4E2-8D68BE5ADE86.jpeg
I would put a rubber door edge guard around the AL edge to protect yourself from cuts.

Suffolklou

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
There is a trick for that that I saw on here somewhere else. Wrap a rubber band around the key, fold it up and cut the rubber band flush. I never use my key, but it is there if I need it. hasn't opened once.

Pruitts

First Name
Shannon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Sahara JL
it look like your center break like broke??
No. I captured this while the flashers were on to let you know what it would look like. Thought about it after I posted, lol. My 3rd brake light and spare tire brake light are good. Hard to press brake and run around to get the camera shot when by yourself and no tripod. Lol.

ekohn00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
No. I captured this while the flashers were on to let you know what it would look like. Thought about it after I posted, lol. My 3rd brake light and spare tire brake light are good. Hard to press brake and run around to get the camera shot when by yourself and no tripod. Lol.
that's what kids are for.

Tritonman

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU
Occupation
ITS Duty Manager

00Sebby

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Ex-auto quality engr & mgt. Now just enjoy life.
LOL

I said $10.00 not $10,000!

Going to dip my JEEP emblem matte black.

And order black Sport decal or just remove them altogether. Haven’t decided just yet.
I think you will like the look of no Sport decals.

IMG_0229.jpeg

00Sebby

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Ex-auto quality engr & mgt. Now just enjoy life.
Traded it for a Land Cruiser.:blush: For some reason, even though this JLUR was my 8th Jeep, had everything exactly like I wanted, and was probably the best Jeep I've had (except my old '91 Grand Wagoneer), I never really bonded with it like I did the others. It had no issues or problems and did everything I expected. I really tried to like it but it appears my automotive tastes have changed. Hopefully, it will get a deserving owner and make someone happy.
And now I have my Jeep back. I was down-trading my Jeep for reasons listed above and for less debt to a '13 LC that was a low-mileage, clean carfax, one-owner vehicle. It appeared to be in great condition, the 5.7 V8 was awesome and it drove fantastic. But because of the weekend, holiday, finance guy on vacation, etc. it took about 6 days to finalize the deal. In that 6 days of driving it, I noticed some things not working properly (Toyota Land Cruiser, just to be clear :LOL:). Anyway, took it in for service yesterday morning and as they got into it, the list continued to grow. The dealer started balking, I was already taking a bit of a beating on the trade-in, and I got real uneasy about the new know condition of the LC. After all, I had a perfectly good, new, fully warrantied Jeep sitting right across the street in their receiving/overflow lot (huge Toyota dealership). Anyway, they played hardball so I walked.

What did I learn. Probably not much but...
There was a lot of cheapness in the interior of the Cruiser
The electronics are probably no more reliable than the JL
UConnect 8.4 and Alpine is decades ahead of that 8" EnTune system
That thing drank lots of gas.

But it also had some greatness about it. I don't know what I will do going forward but my wife told me to just drive the Jeep for a year or so and shut up until after we build our house.:whew: They had fully detailed the Jeep getting it ready to put on the lot... it looked like the day I bought it so that was a win.:like:

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
And now I have my Jeep back. I was down-trading my Jeep for reasons listed above and for less debt to a '13 LC that was a low-mileage, clean carfax, one-owner vehicle. It appeared to be in great condition, the 5.7 V8 was awesome and it drove fantastic. But because of the weekend, holiday, finance guy on vacation, etc. it took about 6 days to finalize the deal. In that 6 days of driving it, I noticed some things not working properly (Toyota Land Cruiser, just to be clear :LOL:). Anyway, took it in for service yesterday morning and as they got into it, the list continued to grow. The dealer started balking, I was already taking a bit of a beating on the trade-in, and I got real uneasy about the new know condition of the LC. After all, I had a perfectly good, new, fully warrantied Jeep sitting right across the street in their receiving/overflow lot (huge Toyota dealership). Anyway, they played hardball so I walked.

What did I learn. Probably not much but...
There was a lot of cheapness in the interior of the Cruiser
The electronics are probably no more reliable than the JL
UConnect 8.4 and Alpine is decades ahead of that 8" EnTune system
That thing drank lots of gas.

But it also had some greatness about it. I don't know what I will do going forward but my wife told me to just drive the Jeep for a year or so and shut up until after we build our house.:whew: They had fully detailed the Jeep getting it ready to put on the lot... it looked like the day I bought it so that was a win.:like:
That was quick, welcome back! You are really lucky they did not sell your Wrangler. Now I know what to do for a free detailing!. LOL.