What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Renewed my membership to the Wrangler Cracked Windshield Club just before the end of the year.

JCWC2019.png
Keep paying those dues mate, you’ll patch out soon!

Can we get an adhesive backing on this for a badge of honor? HAHA

Gdub

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
Occupation
Engineer
Holy shit lol

Someone take this guys credit cards and ATM card away from him before his wife finds out and then we all have to develop a plan to make sure he gets fed daily. HAHA

I want this setup EXACTLY. Steel factory front bumper and a Warn winch. Jealous!
If you are worried about your wife “finding out” well..... she had to carry all of it in the garage as I was out of town. She is not big, she and my 4 year old had to put the winch in a wagon.

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
If you are worried about your wife “finding out” well..... she had to carry all of it in the garage as I was out of town. She is not big, she and my 4 year old had to put the winch in a wagon.
HAHA the dictatorship is strong in this one. I like it!

UPS guy is getting his reps in. No need for gym haha

TrewJL

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Occupation
CEO
I’m going to try them out. I’ll just take it slow with the bolts if they lock up I’ll retry again and repeat until the locktight is worn out. It seems the folks breaking them are trying to break past the locktight which you should never try to do at least in my experience. I don’t like roam so that won’t happen.
Huge Ace fan, I had these on my JK.

@minutemen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black '20 JLUR
Ok, I will bite. I have a whole pile of parts in the garage from Black Friday. Today however I added a warn winch to the factory steel bumper. A big shout out to @River City Offroad for all the parts and awesome customer service.
F6CF5DFB-6331-44D2-9214-D6483FE45494.jpeg
Very nice! What winch is that? Seems like it fits perfectly in the steel bumper.

IndustrialAction

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I picked up a bunch of similar stuff from BF sales as well. Winch came when I was at work. My wife and my 11 yo daughter were barely able to get it inside the front door :CWL:

Now I just need time to install everything :crying:

JxRYE

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 CJ-7 Renegade, 2019 Jeep Wrangler MOAB
It isn't what I did to my jeep, but what the dealership did to my jeep. I took her in for an oil change, tire rotation, squeeky breaks, a bad key fob, and a recall on the steering stabilizer. I left the dealership with my daughter in the car and once I hit 30 my jeep fish tailed, scaring us pretty good. Thought maybe I hit a wet patch or something, but that had never happened before. Got up to about 30 and it happened again. Turned around to head back to the dealership, and called my wife to come back. They explained that a couple of the bolts were lose (and that they should not have been loosened in the first place), but I was good to go. Luckily I made my daughter ride with my wife. On the way home I noticed something didn't feel right. Thinking perhaps it was wind and rain. I made a slow turn and got the death wobble (that was a first). So luckily I was worried and only going about 30 in a 55 zone, and all the traffic around me had passed. When I heard a loud bang, my car started bouncing, I lost control and skid back and forth on the highway, gained some control and got off the highway. My wheel had completely come off the jeep.
Jeep Dealers response this morning was "We didn't touch your wheels"
My response "How did you fix my breaks and rotate my tires without removing my wheels"
Jeep "I am sorry sir, there is no work order for the breaks or tire rotation. We have cameras and unfortunately your car was out of their view."
Me "Well good for me that I have the memory stick from my blackview camera here with me. I will let you know what I find as soon as I get the player loaded on my work computer."
15 minutes later they call back
Jeep "Sir we wanted to let you know we got to the bottom of it. I called the guys in and told them the customer had a camera in the vehicle, and I need to know what happened. I found out who worked on the car. They made an unintentional mistake when rotating your wheels. We will order you a new wheel, tire, and do a full inspection and fix and replace anything else that was damaged"
I am still cooling down, so have not decided how else to proceed (suggestions!?).. At this point I don't trust them at all. I know that I will be taking her to a mechanic I trust when they are done.
(side story: after we got home and I was changing out of wet clothes, my youngest daughter started screaming bloody murder. Her sister came up from behind her and spun the chair throwing her out. We spent the rest of the night in the ER with her and a broken Clavicle.

Tought to see, but somehow the wheel stayed in the wheel well completely detached.

IMG_7670.jpg

IMG_7671.jpg
WTF?!? What dreadful service!! What dealership?
Well it looks like I am picking my jeep up today. The dealer tells me they fixed any damage (still waiting on a list of what they did), and made no attempts beyond repairs to rectify their blatant negligence. I will be taking it straight to another mechanic to look over the repairs. My experience in purchasing (custom ordering) my jeep from the dealership was aweful, and ended in me canceling my order and driving to Orlando to buy one that was exactly as I had made mine (at a slight discount. They failed to tighten bolts on my axel, which lead to my immediate return. I was told I was safe and then my wheel came off. It is up to you if you live in the area, if you want to trust VATLAND JEEP CHRYSLER AND DODGE in Vero Beach Florida with your vehicle.

_olllllllo_

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hellayella JLU Rubicon 6-speed
My 12-year old daughter helped me put the soft top on after my 19-year old son helped me lift the hard top off. I am glad there are YouTube videos of installation because when I had a 2-inch gap between the top of the windshield and the leading edge of the soft top I got a bit concerned. It has been in place and stretching to the materials equilibrium and now I can unlatch the soft top and it will disengage and I can lower it. I also learned a good trick on the side windows to get the back corners in first then work your way towards the front with the edge lips.

The girls seem most excited to have the soft top on and after a solid two-weeks of badgering I cleared out a spot in the garage to store it. Now the dilemna is do I ever put the hard top back on? The only concern is lower hanging branches damaging the soft top.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Finally got my front license plate holder. It was getting old having to pull the plate from under my seat whenever I crossed the border.
nc_oc=AQlk37v3yrj0MGwfxkQadLqsa13fwtK3lQns48CGiiHaMDew45xkP1LrMHkyBNqp-mI&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.jpg

Made my own custom license plate frame with a $10 metal frame from Auto Zone and a leftover Mopar SAHARA emblem.
nc_oc=AQkqab7CCaYEE3MdIIWDexnFhy56oCjVdvOpY55dDVxkQM5e5u-ptMu5PDmJdHSx8wc&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.jpg

higbyz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sahara mojito 2.0 - 2020 Sahara Bikini 2.0
Finally got my front license plate holder. It was getting old having to pull the plate from under my seat whenever I crossed the border.
nc_oc=AQlk37v3yrj0MGwfxkQadLqsa13fwtK3lQns48CGiiHaMDew45xkP1LrMHkyBNqp-mI&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.jpg

Made my own custom license plate frame with a $10 metal frame from Auto Zone and a leftover Mopar SAHARA emblem.
nc_oc=AQkqab7CCaYEE3MdIIWDexnFhy56oCjVdvOpY55dDVxkQM5e5u-ptMu5PDmJdHSx8wc&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.jpg
So your Jeep is a Sahara ?