What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

maxmxa

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Bolt hood lock, I did not want to remove my bumper and winch to remove the grille the entire way so I could not use the rivets just went with a hardware set up. Easy install 30 mins tops minus the trip to the hardware store

image.jpg

image.jpg
Where did you get this one? Does it use the original Jeep key or a separate key?
Thanks

Donkey Fluffer

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JLU
Installed the AEV 2" Spacer Lift on the wife's JL. High quality components but the instructions are really incomplete. If you choose to install one, PM me and I'll fill you in to mitigate some frustrations.

View attachment 254190

20191123_230412.jpg

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Not to my Jeep, but I put Mopar, plus parts, on a girls Jeep . I had a guy come back and have me add parts once . After I suggested he buy them and bring them with him when I installed the lift.

He said no, if Mopar wanted you to use these parts they would’ve put them in their kits.....:lipssealed:

Annnnyway..., I fixed him up, and didn’t charge him anything. But I won’t do Mopar’s anymore for people unless they bring, fr. adj. track bar, rear track bar relo. bracket, adj. front lcas, rk or rancho spring perches, and I recommend, though not mandatory, they upgrade their steering stabilizer if going to 35s or larger tires.

I’ve done three lifts for people since implementing my new rules, and three for three very happy campers saying how well their rig drives, two of them said better than stock.

To the ones out there coming for me with flame throwers that are rocking the Mopar as is and swear it’s fantastic,... I believe you... The only thing I can figure is that for some reason you didn’t get over 3 inches of lift, so your geometry wasn’t screwed up. But I have yet to install one that hasn’t lifted at least 3”......:)

The saddest thing about this girls Jeep.... it will never leave the pavement.....:(

F1BD917E-C0DC-41DE-9AF1-2DD61A54E832.jpeg

Anyway sorry for the wall of text, this is obviously a caffeine induced rant.....:facepalm:

higbyz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sahara mojito 2.0 - 2020 Sahara Bikini 2.0
Not to my Jeep, but I put Mopar, plus parts, on a girls Jeep . I had a guy come back and have me add parts once . After I suggested he buy them and bring them with him when I installed the lift.

He said no, if Mopar wanted you to use these parts they would’ve put them in their kits.....:lipssealed:

Annnnyway..., I fixed him up, and didn’t charge him anything. But I won’t do Mopar’s anymore for people unless they bring, fr. adj. track bar, rear track bar relo. bracket, adj. front lcas, rk or rancho spring perches, and I recommend, though not mandatory, they upgrade their steering stabilizer if going to 35s or larger tires.

I’ve done three lifts for people since implementing my new rules, and three for three very happy campers saying how well their rig drives, two of them said better than stock.

To the ones out there coming for me with flame throwers that are rocking the Mopar as is and swear it’s fantastic,... I believe you... The only thing I can figure is that for some reason you didn’t get over 3 inches of lift, so your geometry wasn’t screwed up. But I have yet to install one that hasn’t lifted at least 3”......:)

The saddest thing about this girls Jeep.... it will never leave the pavement.....:(

F1BD917E-C0DC-41DE-9AF1-2DD61A54E832.jpeg

Anyway sorry for the wall of text, this is obviously a caffeine induced rant.....:facepalm:
Where would we be without it ?

pour.gif

TRZ

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, Ocean Blue
I won’t do Mopar’s anymore for people unless they bring, fr. adj. track bar, rear track bar relo. bracket, adj. front lcas, rk or rancho spring perches, and I recommend, though not mandatory, they upgrade their steering stabilizer if going to 35s or larger tires.

The only thing I can figure is that for some reason you didn’t get over 3 inches of lift, so your geometry wasn’t screwed up. But I have yet to install one that hasn’t lifted at least 3”......:)
Thanks for posting this. I’m looking to install a (used) Mopar lift and suspected most of this, your post validates my thoughts. So the lift control arms aren’t long enough?

The seller I’m buying the lift from is replacing it because it can’t handle the added weight of his roof rack, so I suspect people who are happy with (only) base components of the Mopar lift have heavier Wranglers that compress the springs a bit.

shekmark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
Installed the AEV 2" Spacer Lift on the wife's JL. High quality components but the instructions are really incomplete. If you choose to install one, PM me and I'll fill you in to mitigate some frustrations.

I have a 2 in Dynatrac lift sitting in my garage. I am trying to decide if I should attempt installing. Free time is one of the issues and It's my DD, so I can't f it up.

View attachment 254190

20191123_230412.jpg

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for posting this. I’m looking to install a (used) Mopar lift and suspected most of this, your post validates my thoughts. So the lift control arms aren’t long enough?

The seller I’m buying the lift from is replacing it because it can’t handle the added weight of his roof rack, so I suspect people who are happy with (only) base components of the Mopar lift have heavier Wranglers that compress the springs a bit.
correct... the Mopar arms are only about 1/4” longer than stock.

Du0377

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S
Occupation
Medical Student
More like what DIDN’T I do to my Jeep today...

- @motorcityaftermarket M1 Rock Rails
- @Magnaflow Dual Exhaust
- @TeraFlex Falcon Nexus 2.2 Stabilizer
- @pixeldecals new Hood Decal
- Poison Spyder Hood Louvers
- Kentrol Hood Latches

9645C62B-8D43-4F1F-9077-B98CA29A625B.jpeg

81EE7FD0-34F7-4C40-A6BF-AC14AF455CC7.jpeg

4BFA3652-CF34-4500-A634-C0AE9A29DEAA.jpeg

90A10A3C-C96E-44E1-9AA4-D8F7D0837C7E.jpeg

78DFAFF1-3048-40F3-BB8C-E98077F664DA.jpeg

1E7545ED-D6CE-493F-863E-53600C444AF3.jpeg
How do you like the magnaflow exhaust? I’m looking to put an exhaust in that is a little deeper than stock but not overpowering. Any droning issues or crackling?