Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
Have you tried this setup with a trektop? is the universal bracket slime enough ?
Thanks
I have not. Had one in the shop the other day and didn’t get a chance to check it out. I think it would be fine but need to confirm.

Brett

Rad vlad

First Name
Vlad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Bolt hood lock, I did not want to remove my bumper and winch to remove the grille the entire way so I could not use the rivets just went with a hardware set up. Easy install 30 mins tops minus the trip to the hardware store

image.jpg

image.jpg

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Just wondering where the Topless Jeepers are here? It's 52 degrees and Beautiful Sunny day and just ran errands and passed 6 Jeeps all closed up like a can of Sardines !!!! Myself topless !!! :rock: :jk: :sun:

Last edited:

Jmonroe

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR and a '99 Camaro SS convertible I bought new
Occupation
Retired
Finally got the front camera working. Used the Zautomotive kit and Tazer. Got messed up when word of change in pin position didn't get to me until about 24 hours AFTER I'd initially installed it. Broke one connector trying to remove it from the wrong port. To their credit Zautomotive sent me a new connector. Still wouldn't work, was pulling my hair out. Took dash apart, again, found I had the black wire one slot off. The damn things are so small my 67 year old eyes, well...

If I had to do another I'd guess maybe an hour. As someone else mentioned, the firewall grommet is right next to the brake booster, not below it. Hardest part for me was getting the under dash harness unplugged to connect to the Tazer. My fingers are too short & fat to get up into that tiny space and get those connectors out. I suggested they make an "extension cord" you could leave plugged in to the factory connections up there, let them hang down, easy to plug harness into should I ever need to remove the Tazer.

Kit was otherwise well thought out and with the exception of the grommet location the instructions were very good.

20191123_161234.jpg

saltyaggie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Installed the Westin WJ2 rear bumper today. Scored it for a $250 discount because of a couple scratches in the powder coat. Really happy with my setup now - only thing left to do is tires (darn OEM Bridgestone AT's just won't wear out! 53k miles on them and still plenty of life left).

20191123_155235.jpg

20191123_155249.jpg

20191123_155259.jpg

Kluk Ztopolovky

First Name
Kluk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sport 2dr Sting Gray manual
Today I drove down the the local Chrysler dealer for my first oil change. The mileage on the new 3.6 l motor was reaching 2 K miles and even though the oil change indicator was at around 70% I decided to go for an earlier oil job on this new engine. The appointment was set for 10 am and I waited almost an hour and a half for the work to be done. The final cost for the oil change [Pennzoil semi synthetic] was 137 $ CND .Of course part of the bill were different environmental fees etc. I think one needs a Harvard degree to fully understand all the different BS charges. In a way I felt like I eliminated extinction of life on this planet for another 1000 years paying all these "green fees". The best part about this oil business was the very important fact that it was completely FREE. Yes, I managed to squeeze couple of free oil changes from the dealership when purchasing the Jeep. I had to politely remind them that on their website they are offering this freebee with a purchase of a new vehicle . Oh, it is still there ? they replied to me and I just nodded my head. If I wouldn't ask they would never give it to me. These sales experts spend countless smiles , handshakes and dollars on their spotless image and once you buy the wheels from them they often treat you like some brain dead monkey.

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Installed the Westin WJ2 rear bumper today. Scored it for a $250 discount because of a couple scratches in the powder coat. Really happy with my setup now - only thing left to do is tires (darn OEM Bridgestone AT's just won't wear out! 53k miles on them and still plenty of life left).

20191123_155235.jpg

20191123_155249.jpg

20191123_155259.jpg
Looks good! Now make sure you get it re-powder coated or rhino lined for $250 dollars LOL Don’t want it to start rusting..

Mantacon

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Grey JLUR
I spent the morning in my unheated garage, with temperatures in the teens, installing light mounts. There are already a couple of nice Rigid D-XL Amber's that I installed on my front bumper. They REALLY help with visability. It gets very foggy/snowy and dark here in the Driftless Area.

I wanted another, smaller set on my a-pillar/cowls angled just off to the sides. For a variety of reasons I wanted to be able to still put the windshield down. I didn't like most of the options available as I really don't want glare on my hood. I settled for the Carr 180° mounts. I had a couple of cheap Axial ambers I picked up on clearance sale. They'll be good enough until I save up to get another set of Rigid's, this time the 3" ambers.

IMG_20191114_103021.jpg

IMG_20191114_103007.jpg
I have these too.