Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
River Raider

42A67446-DB16-4468-BE5B-1E7BF59A0305.jpeg

0C3B53D4-2AD7-48DE-923D-194C62F95847.jpeg

1DD3ED60-D419-4A3A-A042-30DF09488D74.jpeg

F8986A79-36D5-4C9F-A1A2-6AA5BFD59910.jpeg
Looks awesome, did a great job.

Honest question here, so please dont beat me up on it.

What benefit does that location have over a "regular" CIA that lies under the hood? That one is much more exposed to the element(snow,rain,dust) than one under the hood.

A snorkel where the inlet is at(or above) the top of the windshield does add some benefit for cleaner/cooler air. And the inlet faces foward allowing direct flow of air intake.

Just not getting the inlet being located at the A-pillar location

Like I said honest question truly curious

Rad vlad

First Name
Vlad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase

What benefit does that location have over a "regular" CIA that lies under the hood? That one is much more exposed to the element(snow,rain,dust) than one under the hood.

A snorkel where the inlet is at(or above) the top of the windshield does add some benefit for cleaner/cooler air. And the inlet faces foward allowing direct flow of air intake.

The term benefit is up for debate but I went with the river raider because I am an insurance adjuster and I have seen hundreds of water into the engine via under the hood CAI.
Lower induction point and even fender splash will funnel not only air but water.
The RR is a air tight system and I would have to have water over the hood before water would enter the system, not a huge fan of a tall snorkel for me it was the best of both worlds

¤|||||||¤

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
The term benefit is up for debate but I went with the river raider because I am an insurance adjuster and I have seen hundreds of water into the engine via under the hood CAI.
Lower induction point and even fender splash will funnel not only air but water.
The RR is a air tight system and I would have to have water over the hood before water would enter the system, not a huge fan of a tall snorkel for me it was the best of both worlds
Hopefully you never have water over the hood! However, water in your intake would be the least of your problems at that point

Stormin’ Moorman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 20 JLUR, 21 JL, 21 GCL, 89 YJ, 04 LJ
Occupation
Forester
Vehicle Showcase
Hopefully you never have water over the hood! However, water in your intake would be the least of your problems at that point
Actually I get water on my hood all the time when crossing water. You don’t have to be in water as deep as the intake is tall to get into trouble. I’ve lost power twice due to water splashing into the factory intake. Yes I was going too fast because it’s fun, but that’s not really the point. Lol.

I’ve been waiting on a better snorkel option for months. slim Pickens

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic

One other thing that I haven't seen mentioned yet is that this is a high pressure area when driving down the road, so it could end up with a slight "cowl induction" benefit.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Put my bug/stone deflector on last night before heading 6 hours to Hilton Head.

8007FE5E-247E-4863-A94E-C51D5B90188D.jpeg
I am willing to try anything to help prevent broken windshields. Let us know if you think it helps.

higbyz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sahara mojito 2.0 - 2020 Sahara Bikini 2.0
The way New Bern has had to deal with high water the last couple of years ,it appears a smart move.

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Mojito), 2022 JLR (Tuscadero)
Vehicle Showcase
I am willing to try anything to help prevent broken windshields. Let us know if you think it helps.
it seems to help some, but not completely, bugs large and small still make it through to the windshield.

¤|||||||¤

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
Actually I get water on my hood all the time when crossing water. You don’t have to be in water as deep as the intake is tall to get into trouble. I’ve lost power twice due to water splashing into the factory intake. Yes I was going too fast because it’s fun, but that’s not really the point. Lol.

I’ve been waiting on a better snorkel option for months. slim Pickens
If you've lost power due to water in your intake, it's not because of some splashing. The intake was flooded and is very bad for your motor

Stormin’ Moorman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 20 JLUR, 21 JL, 21 GCL, 89 YJ, 04 LJ
Occupation
Forester
Vehicle Showcase

Blu bi Kong

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
Nicely done but I'm curious as to why you needed the through holes in the table? You could have unfolded it to install the bolts in the back splash to the tailgate?
The back board and table need to fold tight to each other because of my cargo platform.

Last edited: