What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

UKCATS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Recon/2020 Mazda3 Hatchback
Occupation
I play piano in a whorehouse
Iā€™m ready for coffee and bacon. Iā€™m up between 4 and 5 am most everyday (unless Iā€™m working nights). Wifey loves to sleep in, hates mornings. I rarely get bacon. She doesnā€™t respond well to ā€œwoman, bacon!! At 5 am.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Iā€™m ready for coffee and bacon. Iā€™m up between 4 and 5 am most everyday (unless Iā€™m working nights). Wifey loves to sleep in, hates mornings. I rarely get bacon. She doesnā€™t respond well to ā€œwoman, bacon!! At 5 am.
woman, bacon! Is NOT good for longevity in the marriage, I found out the hard way....:)

higbyz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sahara mojito 2.0 - 2020 Sahara Bikini 2.0
Green is an 18 Sahara w/2 tops....blue is a '20 with soft top only ,plus LSD and selec trac

higbyz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Blue one also a Sahara? Any difference in steering or ride quality?
Both Saharas. The rides are pretty identical. Blue has A/T tires , green H/T . There is a dead spot in both but that seems to be normal. My wife drove my daughters Crosstrek ,the other day, on the interstate and complained about the quick steering. (lol ) Shed move the wheel a fraction and the car would respond. She hated that !!

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Blue one also a Sahara? Any difference in steering or ride quality?
Sorry to bug you with it, but itā€™s rare to find your situation, you have first hand information, your the perfect crash test dummy.......:giggle:......:)

higbyz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sorry to bug you with it, but itā€™s rare to find your situation, you have first hand information, your the perfect crash test dummy.......:giggle:......:)
If I were blindfolded , it would be hard to tell them apart ! My wife would give you a :like: on the dummy comment !

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Both Saharas. The rides are pretty identical. Blue has A/T tires , green H/T . There is a dead spot in both but that seems to be normal. My wife drove my daughters Crosstrek ,the other day, on the interstate and complained about the quick steering. (lol ) Shed move the wheel a fraction and the car would respond. She hated that !!
Thatā€™s how my Jeep is, very responsive steering, I know that sounds weird, I think I won the steering lottery... lol.

higbyz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thatā€™s how my Jeep is, very responsive steering, I know that sounds weird, I think I won the steering lottery... lol.
Thats amazing! And all this time , I assumed our steering was normal ! . Did yours come that way or has it tightened up from all the mods you have done ?

Last edited:

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Thats amazing! And all this time , I assumed our steering was normal ! . Did yours come that way or has it tightened up from all the mods you have done ?
The dead spot your referring to, imho, is related to the steering box. The steering components that you upgrade, track bar, tie rod , drag link, steering stabilizer...etc. are for the way the steering feels and responds, like death wobble, wandering and such, again, this is just my opinion....:) there are upgraded steering boxes out, you might look into it, but your ā€˜20 might have it already.