What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

Gellie

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
First thing I’ve done, but more to come.
Factory antenna:
7913964338b94830856bb80df8f5634a.jpg

13” AntennaX
68b3184c10cb45e19b52993fedf7021d.jpg
What antenna is that? Looking to replace my stock one as well. But need good SiriusXM reception.

ward1design

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Black JLUR • 2009 Silver JKUX (Sold) • 2016 Corvette Z06
Vehicle Showcase

ward1design

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Black JLUR • 2009 Silver JKUX (Sold) • 2016 Corvette Z06
Vehicle Showcase

DaddyEngineer

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
I had the same issue but was able to get the FAD skid back on. RH is making one specifically to work with their LCA front skids.
I tried for several hours to get my passenger RH skid on. Finally gave up and didn’t make it to the drivers side one. I’m waiting for cooler weather to try again.

Scott

DaddyEngineer

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
It will hold better than the plastic ones if you cut them out on the bottom. You also wont be able to get it clean if you just cut out the insulation to allow the fake ones to work. The heat will end up going up then disbursing under the insulation. You would be better to remove the insulation completely if you want to cut out the stock plastic ones to work. The design of the Poison Spyder ones are cut to allow the heat out, and have less coming in, water or other things. The engine is okay to get wet, they get wet when we go through water crossings. Poison Spyder has been making functional hood louvers for years on the JKs and TJs. These Rubicon ones are designed to work with the insulation to push the heat out and allow better air flow going in to the radiator and out the hood. I know the insulation is designed to help with noise, but I think it also helps to keep the hood paint protected overtime from cracking and peeling.
That makes sense. Thanks for the reply.

Scott

GGguy77

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
This is where I get caught up in debating things and end up doing nothing. There's a lot to love about the Element Fire extinguisher - except the price. Plus, I also debate the time it goes for. I've put out small fires with an extinguisher and it just takes a couple of seconds. The EF goes for 50 seconds. If it takes me 20 seconds to put out a fire, I'm going to look pretty stupid spraying the crap out of everything for the next 30 seconds. I know, it is a dumb debate but it is there. Really, for me it comes down to the price. $80 for something that is a one-time-use-only product doesn't excite me. I got two different regular fire extinguisher holders for free from Jeep groups. I think I'll just end up with a regular tank but I know that I'll always be thinking about the E50 :LOL:
What it amounts to is those of you that can comfortably spend $80 please do so that way those of us who can't comfortably spend $80 may benefit by the economy of scale/supply/demand in the future and pay a lower price. :) It is nice and undoubtedly effective but I can't see dropping $80 for a one time use item right now either.

robaw

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB (MOJITO!), 2009 Honda CBR600RR
What it amounts to is those of you that can comfortably spend $80 please do so that way those of us who can't comfortably spend $80 may benefit by the economy of scale/supply/demand in the future and pay a lower price. :) It is nice and undoubtedly effective but I can't see dropping $80 for a one time use item right now either.
Heck I dropped about $1000 on a winch and related parts that I hope I never use. I have a number of fire extinguishers that go without being used until they expire, then replace. The Element ones never expire, not telling anyone what to do but $80 in the grand scheme of things isn't all that serious.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Heck I dropped about $1000 on a winch and related parts that I hope I never use. I have a number of fire extinguishers that go without being used until they expire, then replace. The Element ones never expire, not telling anyone what to do but $80 in the grand scheme of things isn't all that serious.
That’s the most logical thing I’ve heard in quite some time......:rock:... it’s not like you’re gonna be spending 80.00 a week. Most likely it’s a one time purchase.

higbyz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sahara mojito 2.0 - 2020 Sahara Bikini 2.0
Yeah but it may save a $50k vehicle. Its just insurance. We all spend thousands on insurance each year and hopefully dont have to use it.

IndustrialAction

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Could I afford it? Sure. Am I going to buy one? Nope :)