First Name
Marnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport JLU
Occupation
Printer
I painted the wheel weights black and added matte black decals over my chrome Jeep fender badges. The badges were just too bright with everything else black against Bikini and I didn't like the gray balancing weights against the black wheels. Nothing major but I like it much better.

20190831_213528.jpg

Screenshot_20190831-213623_Gallery.jpg

20190828_183245.jpg

20190805_221556.jpg
Looks good. I want to paint my rims, or wrap them. IDK can't make my mind up.

HealthRebel

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLRU Ocean Blue
Today... 1st road trip ant 1st oil change afterwards. From the Dallas area, drove up into Oklahoma to Lake Murray and Lake Texoma. Beautiful drive. 2020 JLRU is doing great. No issues!

1st oil change at 1004 miles. So amazingly easy. I did let it drain for about 2 hours. Trying to get as much of the factory oil out as possible. I went with Amsoil 5w-30 and a Mopar filter. Lots of opinions on the forum about oil viscosity. I think a lot of government pressure is pushing for lowering viscosity oils to decrease friction and increase gas mileage, but perhaps at the expense of engine protection AFTER the warranty. Anyway, my research conclusion and my opinion. Cheers!

m3reno

First Name
Sal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler JLU
Today I assembled and fitted the SpringTail folding tray and Mollle bags.

Assembly itself took about 15 minutes and another 15 to drill the holes and mount the tray on the tailgate.

It was a breeze to assemble and fit, and at the project I can confirm that I still have 10 fingers, and no blood was spilt.

I'm very happy with my new shelf, and look forward to using it in anger very soon.

IMG_1851.JPG
IMG_1855.JPG
IMG_1860.JPG

At the same time I installed the Brawlee tailgate light

IMG_1856.JPG

IMG_1859.JPG

But I'm still undecided how I am going to connect the power, as I would prefer not to connect into the dome light.

In the end I might connect it into one of the aux switches up front.

I also hung my new Bartact grab handle bag.

IMG_1863.JPG

I connected my light to the 12v port just below your wire

#4Jeep 1st Wrangler

First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Finally mounted the Rigid Ignite backup kit, and short antenna from Amazon. Did the Pixeldecals fender vent, & Sting-Gray decals a month ago. Just didn't post.

thumbnail_IMG_0856.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_0857.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_0861.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_0858.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_0859.jpg
Any issues with radio reception? Still trying to find an antenna that doesn't drop stations.
(Yes, still listen to A.M radio occasionally)

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
Today... 1st road trip ant 1st oil change afterwards. From the Dallas area, drove up into Oklahoma to Lake Murray and Lake Texoma. Beautiful drive. 2020 JLRU is doing great. No issues!

1st oil change at 1004 miles. So amazingly easy. I did let it drain for about 2 hours. Trying to get as much of the factory oil out as possible. I went with Amsoil 5w-30 and a Mopar filter. Lots of opinions on the forum about oil viscosity. I think a lot of government pressure is pushing for lowering viscosity oils to decrease friction and increase gas mileage, but perhaps at the expense of engine protection AFTER the warranty. Anyway, my research conclusion and my opinion. Cheers!
Get yourself a Femco valve and it's even easier in the future!

obwahn

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR (Wrikki), 2018 Grand Sport (V)
Occupation
Retired puter dork
Vehicle Showcase

brazos

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, Giant singlespeed mountain bike, Hobie Revolution kayak
Occupation
Dog Feeder
D7C8CFCB-F829-488D-9E52-530087482DEE.jpeg
Looks good. I want to paint my rims, or wrap them. IDK can't make my mind up.
I never thought of painting wheel weights. Great idea.

I don’t obsess over many of the details of appearance that others do, but a bunch of lead showing on my wheels annoys me.

I love the performance my Falken WP ATs, but MAN! it sure took a lot of weight to balance them.

Seems like less than optimal quality control to me.

Hello PlastiDip.

Edit: Hit the lugnuts too. I like it.

Last edited:

JeffK

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Ram 2500 5.9 2019 JLU Rubicon
Any issues with radio reception? Still trying to find an antenna that doesn't drop stations.
(Yes, still listen to A.M radio occasionally)
I don’t have any issues with FM. AM wasn’t great with the factory antenna, but with the shorter one I don’t hear any difference. This one was the only one that worked for me. I tried a few other out but AM and FM was horrible