What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

John B

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Rubicon
Installed a sun shield, screen protector for the radio, and installed headlight guards.

92B66039-3366-421F-ADC2-004FBD2FBC36.jpeg

D6F98DAE-2DCD-4BB2-8CBB-C99200FCDC3D.jpeg

5DDAF15A-BD24-40E9-A5F9-27CA93168522.jpeg

3DogNate

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Rubicon - Firecracker Red
Occupation
UX Designer
Vehicle Showcase
I’m curious too. Does it really improve anything? Wondering if I should have it done or just buy aftermarket.
Well... it's free and my steering is tight....

I wasn't suffering any steering play like others have reported. So I don't know why you'd not have it done. If nothing else there's not a dangling recall associated to your VIN.

SteadyC

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLS
The cover will be required for the front. The rear is what’s shown. It’ll bolt on just about any aftermarket cover too. We have ours with a motobilt diff cover

Brett
This is great, are you saying you didn’t have to cut or grind either the Motobilt cover, or the MetalCloak skid to work together? Just want to double check. I have the MC skid installed, and the Motobilt cover sitting on the shelf as I’ve been nervous they won’t fit together without modification.

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
This is great, are you saying you didn’t have to cut or grind either the Motobilt cover, or the MetalCloak skid to work together? Just want to double check. I have the MC skid installed, and the Motobilt cover sitting on the shelf as I’ve been nervous they won’t fit together without modification.
MC has been developing a front diff skid for a while now. From what I’ve been told it will be a skid that requires their front diff cover.

On the rear diff with the MC skid, it pairs perfectly with my motobilt rear diff. There was no cutting or grinding required.

Brett

jlewissystem

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR MANUAL Mojito!
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I really like having the interior of my hard top & panels black. It's a seamless transition from the rest of the interior.

Black interior 4.jpg

Black interior 3.jpg

Black freedom panels 2.jpg
Love this! Is this plasti-dip?

Fire Burns

First Name
Fire
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 3.6; 2006 Chrysler 300c SRT-8
Replaced a side marker with an LED smoked one. Yup just one. . Thats how good my day is going. Going to do the other side later.

IMG_20190824_124248_024.jpg
Waiting for the cheap clear ones to come out on Amazon or eBay. Can already get the smoked ones down to as little as $45 on Amazon, but I want clear. Cheapest I've seen clear is $79. Only a matter of time...

STLYoungblood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S Ocean Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Been a little bit since updating, so not today, but recently installed the Quadratec Full Size QRC front bumper after a pickup backed into my plastic and crumpled it. He wanted to pay out of pocket, so me doing the work vs labor at shop meant I could upgrade to steel and still pocket some cash :). Picked up some blue d shackles too, which I'll eventually spray to actual ocean blue, but they are close enough for now.

I also got and installed the RC tailgate reinforcement bracket and tire relocation kit in preparation for my 315 M/Ts coming early next month on some Black Rhinos. Finally, had the wife use the cricut to add a TREX to my windshield lol.

7XHCkgA.jpg

qhQ8qxg.jpg

yxZxmuA.jpg

MeZX2p1.jpg

Up next is installing the RC 2.5" budget boost.

Tritonman

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU
Occupation
ITS Duty Manager
FYI
Steersmarts told me to use either the Griffin attenuator OR a steering stabilizer but not both. Since I already had the Falcon 2.2 I told them to leave off the attenuator. You might call them and see if they still have the same opinion.
I reached out to Yeti and they explained further that if you have the attenuator, it should not be used with a positively charged stabilizer. They recommend against this because it counter-acts the way the attenuator works. But, if you are running a neutral stabilizer you are all good.

Texan42

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Light bar, 67 Designs and Fishbone flashlight brackets.

Screenshot_20190827-145819_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20190827-145807_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20190827-145801_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20190827-145756_Gallery.jpg

Reactions: RTJ

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
I have a power washer (and foam cannon) but actually prefer a hand wash (if enough time)!
The places I can go with this..........

ah_nevermind.gif

MALL R8D

First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Rubicon
After about 9 months, I finally got up the patience to install the ACE inner fender liners. No gaudy logo... as a matter of fact...no logo...just the way I like it. They were initially a pain in the ass, but ACE finally put up an installation video. The paper instructions weren't very helpful, but in hindsight after seeing the video, only my patience was missing.

Rear shocks done as well to complete the set. My thanks to John A at @OffRoadWarehouse for the assist. Compared to the front pair, I was shocked (tee-hee) at how easy getting the rears on was. Unlike the fronts, I needed a 1/4" washer on the lower bushing since it was slightly thinner than the stock. I didn't want to stress the weld and it fit more snugly.

I listened to you, @Bricazo … 6 feels pretty silky smooth on the stabilizer. Thanks again for the hint. Feeling pretty Foxy. That's all, folks.

ace_01.jpg

ace_02.jpg

ace_03.jpg

rear_shock_01.jpg

rear_shock_02.jpg
Disclaimer: I suck and don't feel like going through the rest of this thread to see if anyone else already asked this...

Is there anyplace where the fender liners and outer fender does not match up? Is there body paint showing through? I really want liners without a logo, but the giant gaps I keep seeing are making my eye twitch.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Had 315 ko2's mounted and balanced on the factory wheels. Other than sitting noticeably higher, both in the seat and getting in/out, she drives just as great as with the stock 285's. Also, it feels more planted than before. Its the first functional mod done so far. I wanted to stay stock for the first 10,000 shake down miles. Knock on wood, she hasn't had a single hiccup.

I ordered a Dynatrac Endurosport lift from Northridge 4x4 and it is being delivered tomorrow by brown santa, but I'm gonna wait a short bit before I install it. As part of project beef up, I also ordered the Synergy control arms and rear track bar but it looks like it may take a few weeks for them to get to the vendor. I'm also gonna pull the trigger on the steersmarts track bar, drag link, tie rod, and the fox ts stabilizer.

Cheers ladies and gents!

Reactions: RTJ