Retired in the mountains of Northeastern PA
Website
xtrooper.net
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara JL
Occupation
Retired New Jersey State Trooper
Vehicle Showcase
I unfortunately did not have the same luck. I installed the Yeti track bar along with TeraFlex stabilizer, new gear box (not the one that was released 2 weeks ago) and adjustable LCA's and I'm still getting the wondering on the highway. Not sure what to do next at this point
That sucks, Jim. I hate to suggest throwing more money at a problem not knowing what its origin is, but if I were in your situation, I would probably replace the two other major steering components in turn, if necessary. Assuming you've made sure all related bolts are properly torqued, I'd start with a Yeti or other beefy tie rod assembly and, if that doesn't do the trick, their drag link next. Good luck, amigo.

PS- Regarding you measuring to see if your tires are centered under your body, you can use your shock or shock mount, but measure to the outer edge of your tires. Be sure to use the same lug type/shape on both sides.

Schism75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18’ JLU SAHARA
Yesterday I installed a Rough Country relocation spare tire plate. Good quality and serves its purpose well.

XTrooper

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
xtrooper.net
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Ceramic tint and Air80 on the windshield......it's too damn hot in South Texas!
I don't know what ceramic tint or Air80 is, but they sound impressive! ;)

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
I don't know what ceramic tint or Air80 is, but they sound impressive! ;)
Ceramic tint is a tint film that has ceramic particles in it. It has shown to be incredible at deflecting heat. Air 80 is a ceramic film that still allows 80% light transmission. It is typically used on the windshield, as it still allows most of the light through staying relatively safe, while still blocking the heat. Unfortunately it is not exactly legal, but most people will not be able to even notice the tint.

XTrooper

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
xtrooper.net
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Ceramic tint is a tint film that has ceramic particles in it. It has shown to be incredible at deflecting heat. Air 80 is a ceramic film that still allows 80% light transmission. It is typically used on the windshield, as it still allows most of the light through staying relatively safe, while still blocking the heat. Unfortunately it is not exactly legal, but most people will not be able to even notice the tint.
Thanks for the explanation, Dusty! Both sound incredible! :like:

JimmyDoom

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JLU
Are you on a lift?
No lift, just the stock Rubicon. I did put on 35" tires tho, but the steering was a problem from day one with the OEM tires and rims, so that is absolutely not to blame. If anything, the new rims and tires improved it.

Don't wanna sound like a jerk, (I appreciate all the help I can get) but there are many threads on this forum discussing this issue, so I don't want to keep talking about this problem on the thread. This is a happy thread talking about the good stuff we've done, not a thread to try to resolve an issue.

If you want to help with this steering issues, I've listed several links below.
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...has-play-and-drifts.3691/page-261#post-792997
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/mopar-lca-swap.22474/
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...g-the-dreaded-steering-issue-on-18-jlu.30604/
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/steer-smarts-tie-rod-draglinks-front-track-bar.22276/
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...e-fix-for-the-steering-wandering-issue.28326/
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/track-bar-recall-coming.23791/

Tritonman

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU
Occupation
ITS Duty Manager
New Fox 2.0 stabilizer from the V41 recall. New Yeti SteerSmarts bottom mount drag link with Griffin.

View attachment 211853

20190806_202109.jpg

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0

Texan42

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
legal in Texas.

Screenshot_20190806-184452.jpg

Tritonman

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU
Occupation
ITS Duty Manager
Added tinted rear tail lights
Dead Pedal
S&B CAI

20190806_202304.jpg

20190806_202129.jpg

20190806_202154.jpg

BostonBilly

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU
I got him aligned today after the spring install.

20190806_123309.jpg

Ricmcd

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon 2 door, 2006 TJ Rubicon
Occupation
Semi-Retired Electrical Contractor
Caster 5.5
toe-in 0.2
tire pressure 34psi
My 2019 JL w/3.5 lift and 37’s needed 5.9 caster and tire pressure at 27. About ⅛
‘Toe in and it now steers like a dream. Yes I installed adjustable control arms and track bars