What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

joshg

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Moab, Tesla Model S P90DL, Audi R8 V10 Spyder 6MT
Installed the Sand colored Alien Sunshield in my 2 door Wrangler.
Easily dropped the windshield and figured out how to install it by watching YouTube videos. The printed instructions were helpful only after multiple attempts to get the windshield clips in place.
Getting the corner bungee's in place was a crap shoot without taking the back hardtop off which I didn't do.
Not a lot of shade but better than before. A plus was the Freedom Panels went right back on with no problems. I'm looking forward to my trip to Maine!
ooh, was hoping for a pic! I've ordered the Sand one as well.

joshg

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Moab, Tesla Model S P90DL, Audi R8 V10 Spyder 6MT
Followed your instructions and everything is okay. Thanks!
20190725_095048.jpg
Well done! Now that you've done it once, it'll be easy if you ever want to do it again.
I'm new at this also... learning a bit every day, and getting comfortable pulling off trim to do wiring I wanted. Took doors off, and today for first time got the hard top off thanks to my new Top Lift Pro... that's a great thing to have, even if it was a royal pain to put together. But now that I have it assembled, it makes pulling off the hard top super easy and fast. It's great.

(And man, your firecracker red looks awesome!)

WES IV

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S 2 dr with hardtop. Firecracker Red.
Occupation
Going over the hills and far away
ooh, was hoping for a pic! I've ordered the Sand one as well.
Pictures to be posted. I was too hot and hungry to remember to get pictures!

WES IV

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S 2 dr with hardtop. Firecracker Red.
Occupation
Going over the hills and far away
Well done! Now that you've done it once, it'll be easy if you ever want to do it again.
I'm new at this also... learning a bit every day, and getting comfortable pulling off trim to do wiring I wanted. Took doors off, and today for first time got the hard top off thanks to my new Top Lift Pro... that's a great thing to have, even if it was a royal pain to put together. But now that I have it assembled, it makes pulling off the hard top super easy and fast. It's great.

(And man, your firecracker red looks awesome!)
Thanks! Cruising around turns a lot of heads.

cararose1977

First Name
Cara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
bwah! i didn’t see that one about the 5th fuse. will look for that. thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!
This fifth fuse was exactly the problem. i used the multimeter to check the ground connection and got a strong positive reading.

Then I started looking for the “fifth fuse”
That link was such a help. thank you so much. i’ve been searching and searching and somehow missed that one.

MacombRoger

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue
Occupation
Solution Architect
I did everything except pulling the orange wire out of the harness and flashing the drive.

There was a problem in that i messed up the 10 pin connector and had to order another one. I just got the new one today and they can’t get me in to look at it until next week.

I’m trying to hook up a CB Radio for Jeepend which starts tomorrow. If i can’t figure out the Aux switch problem, I’ll just pull the power hookups to the battery for the weekend. not my preference though.
Sorry got nothing to add on the wiring issue. Actually I do. Does the switch kit come with the wire bundle in the passenger footwell? If so, there are 6 wires in it and one is constant power, that is where my cb is connected.

What was going to say is, see you at Jeepend! Making my way there now.

XTrooper

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Retired in the mountains of Northeastern PA
Website
xtrooper.net
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara JL
Occupation
Retired New Jersey State Trooper
Vehicle Showcase
I installed the ARB roller drawer system in my Jeep early this morning. It's great! It holds all my recovery gear, air compressor, bottle jacks, jack bases, straps, tools, etc, tons of stuff with room to spare. It's also super heavy-duty and can handle a LOT of weight with no issues. It was stupid expensive, but does fill my storage and security needs and I think it looks pretty good, too. :like:

arb_1.jpg

arb_2.jpg

arb_3.jpg

Equitasforall

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
I could tell you, but then....
I disappointed it mightily I’m sure as I had to cancel an order for new stuff (wheels, tires, tailgate reinforcement, etc.) as what feels already to be the longest overseas assignment in history just got extended.

This sucks.

From0toJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Firecracker Sahara (ordered 4/16/18, received 5/12/18), 2015 QX60, 2012 5.0, 2013 Prius V (hers)
I disappointed it mightily I’m sure as I had to cancel an order for new stuff (wheels, tires, tailgate reinforcement, etc.) as what feels already to be the longest overseas assignment in history just got extended.

This sucks.
Sorry to hear this. Military or just work? Either way, sorry about that - at least the Rubi will be there when you get back!

From0toJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Firecracker Sahara (ordered 4/16/18, received 5/12/18), 2015 QX60, 2012 5.0, 2013 Prius V (hers)
I received my Redline Tuning hood struts last night, but haven't had time to install it yet. I am hoping to tonight/this weekend!!!

From0toJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Installed mine yesterday. Super fast and easy.
Glad to hear it! Since I'm stuck here at work, maybe post some pics of your completed install/hood here so I can drool over the finished product :)