Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
I went ahead and made it look pretty darn silly!!!!!!!! :)
Let the tear down begin.

DF0A71B4-8B2D-43AC-A95D-05B70E766DA3.jpeg
If you like it, that's all that matters. Hell, I like watermelon, too.

watermelon.gif

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
I did everything except pulling the orange wire out of the harness and flashing the drive.

There was a problem in that i messed up the 10 pin connector and had to order another one. I just got the new one today and they canā€™t get me in to look at it until next week.

Iā€™m trying to hook up a CB Radio for Jeepend which starts tomorrow. If i canā€™t figure out the Aux switch problem, Iā€™ll just pull the power hookups to the battery for the weekend. not my preference though.
Ok, so you installed, & had the dealer flash (I misunderstood). Have you combed through this forum for similar problems?

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...-problem-post-i-know-sorry.30803/#post-713421

ExitLeft

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep Wrangler TJ
Vehicle Showcase
Fred Beans in Doylestown really good guys there. They even recommended the AEV. They said 6 hours donā€™t know if that is with an alignment, and the Jeep would still be covered under warranty just not the lift parts. Jeff Danielā€™s Jeep recommended AEV the Mopar is just rebranded lift and over priced for what it is. They said should be 1 day. For the lift and alignment and labor $2,100. Talked to RubiTrux for 20+ minutes they explained both lifts in detail. They said they used the Mopar lift in the beginning because there wasnā€™t any other choices. They havenā€™t had any problems with them. I will probably go to the Chiropractor first and do the lift myself.
I tell you what...Iā€™ll help you install your lift if you help me install my steel rockhard bumpers. Theyā€™ve been in my shed for 4 months because theyā€™re too damn heavy for me to lift by myself.

I hear you on Jeff Daniels. They quoted me a grand for install. Thereā€™s an off-road shop near me in Horsham called Busted Knuckle. Seem like a good group of guys. I think they wanted $800 to install a lift. Truth is Iā€™m too cheap to pay and will probably just install the lift myself again.

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Iā€™m trying to get my switches to work. No power. Itā€™s so disappointing. I have checked my connections and the back of the switch box. Also installed a 10 amp fuse where one would go if it were factory installed. The dealer has already flashed and added them to the control panel.
Any other suggestions? Thanks
Check your ground.

Ground it out on another post.

The post I was using (the one from the instructions) had paint all over it.

Use a different ground and you should be fine.

I ended up using the one by the Air Box.

cararose1977

First Name
Cara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL

cararose1977

First Name
Cara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Check your ground.

Ground it out on another post.

The post I was using (the one from the instructions) had paint all over it.

Use a different ground and you should be fine.

I ended up using the one by the Air Box.
That is something I still need to try. Thanks!!!

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
That is something I still need to try. Thanks!!!
Itā€™ll work buddy! Did for me anyways.

Take a wire brush and scuff the post up a tad beforehand if there is overspray paint on it.

You want solid contact!!

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Another Marine coming up to serve his country, I reckon.

Just like his Dad.

Well done, Pops. And thanks.
Haha thanks buddy!

If thatā€™s what he wants to do Iā€™m not gunna stop him! I might suggest joining as an officer but what would be the fun in that LOL

WES IV

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S 2 dr with hardtop. Firecracker Red.
Occupation
Going over the hills and far away
If you still have trouble, I can tell you that dropping the windshield is really not as much trouble as I expected. I dropped mine to make it easier to mount my 67 Designs JL Rail system on dash.

Don't believe people who tell you you need a special wiper arm removal tool... mine came off super easy with a little wiggling while pulling. Pull wiper arm caps off, pull wiper arms, undo 4 bolts with the provided Jeep wratchet, and fold down the windshield. Whole thing was <10 minutes and made the install SO much easier. Convinced now that I've done it once, I could get my time down to <5 minutes.
Followed your instructions and everything is okay. Thanks!
20190725_095048.jpg