What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

joshg

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Moab, Tesla Model S P90DL, Audi R8 V10 Spyder 6MT
Does anyone know who makes some child friendly half doors or tube doors? Something that will actually lock with a key so they don't open the door when the vehicle is in motion?
Nice setup. Sounds to me like good half-doors would be better for you with children if they're still so young they can't resist trying to open doors. Not sure if anyone ever made half doors with child-locks like many standard car doors have.
Another option for you that I'm guessing you thought of - keep one of your real doors on the vehicle next to where the young child sits? So it will look a little odd, but the rest of the fam get to have full doors-off feeling and the young'un stays safe.

anotheraznguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mojito JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Nice setup. Sounds to me like good half-doors would be better for you with children if they're still so young they can't resist trying to open doors. Not sure if anyone ever made half doors with child-locks like many standard car doors have.
Another option for you that I'm guessing you thought of - keep one of your real doors on the vehicle next to where the young child sits? So it will look a little odd, but the rest of the fam get to have full doors-off feeling and the young'un stays safe.
The kids are 4 and 6 they say they wont open it but you know kids. I am fine with just locks where i have to keep locking/unlocking for them to get out.

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick and Miyako
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
The Man, The Myth, The Legend. In my own mind.
Vehicle Showcase
Yesterday I gave my Jeep its first serious cleaning. I got cleaning gear from Adam's Polishes really prettied her up. The only downside is that now all the trail rash is showing. The pic really doesn't let it show up but at some point I need to give it a good polishing.

48225608616_a38198078e_h.jpg

I also got a set of Revolver A pillar accessory lights from @InspiredEngineering. I wired those up to the Aux switch and I'm very happy with the result.

48223642031_197047fe43_b.jpg

48223697227_8d6bc10ae3_b.jpg

Bricazo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Moab
The kids are 4 and 6 they say they wont open it but you know kids. I am fine with just locks where i have to keep locking/unlocking for them to get out.
Maybe you can try putting a zip tie around the half door latch so it can’t be opened and just lift them over the door? I know the cheaper EAG doors from amazon have a lever u may be able to rig up to not open

Bricazo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Moab
Yesterday I gave my Jeep its first serious cleaning. I got cleaning gear from Adam's Polishes really prettied her up. The only downside is that now all the trail rash is showing. The pic really doesn't let it show up but at some point I need to give it a good polishing.

48225608616_a38198078e_h.jpg

I also got a set of Revolver A pillar accessory lights from @InspiredEngineering. I wired those up to the Aux switch and I'm very happy with the result.

48223642031_197047fe43_b.jpg

48223697227_8d6bc10ae3_b.jpg
Looks nice and clean but u forgot to wash the bumper!! LOL

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick and Miyako
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
The Man, The Myth, The Legend. In my own mind.
Vehicle Showcase

Bricazo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Moab
Good catch, and you're right. I totally forgot. hahaha
Lol I have an Ocean blue as well and did the same thing last weekend. The color looks amazing when it’s waxed. Try this stuff for lite swirls worked well by hand. If you have an orbital it will take deeper ones out

E08E0119-1F69-4122-B53F-E6511CF8FB32.jpeg

Djmatt85

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JL Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Any updates on the durability of Rusty's fascia covers? Thinking about exact same set up but I do rock crawl and want sufficient protection if I come down on a corner. Thanks
I haven’t landed on any of the corners yet, but I doubt it would give the same protection as a steel bumper attached to the frame. It’s a pretty rigid 1/8” steel plate, but it’s secured to the thin body skin. However, with the steeper departure angle, you’ll clear a lot more than if you had a bumper hanging off the back. I’m just a fan of the minimalist look.

RubiSc0tt

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR in Punk'n Orange
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Turn Wrenches/ Write code
Today I finally pulled the trigger on some Quadratec Aluminum Skids (engine, t-case, and gas tank). I was going to use my old Warn XD8000i until I could swing for a new winch- then I saw 4wd Hardware had the VR-10 Gen II for $545, free shipping and tax paid for their 4th of july sale, so, I pulled the trigger on that too.

Last week I installed my Alien Sunshade (Orange) and it looks and works great so far.

This week will be painting my Motobilt Crusher bumper. When all of my parts get here, it will be time to throw them all in the back of my Jeep and head to my buddy's garage for some serious wrench time. Skid plates, winch, bumper install, plus CB bracket modifications and wiring up the CB/antenna.

There will be pics, write ups, and a build thread in the near future.

Not gonna lie, I'm pretty pumped.

BullMoose1776

First Name
Bull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Project Manager
The stock ones are horrible. I see your a Mojito as well. I put the JL Audio ones in. So much better.

I painted my grills to match. Just Incase you wanted another project.

3606A5D6-1C6C-42B3-B575-642BFFF398FA.jpeg
2032447C-A014-49D3-8F08-027C965D2406.jpeg
Dang, that looks tight!

GGguy77

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase

Tritonman

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU
Occupation
ITS Duty Manager
Do you have the Alpine or the base system? Trying to know if the Alpine improves with these also.

Thanks,
Scott
I have the alpine system and did the same swap. Yes they do make a difference. Im not saying leaps and bounds, but for the price of a pair of them you cant go wrong.