What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

bpdunsta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Moab
Finally had a nice enough day in Chicagoland to put the soft top all the way down!
I picked up my Moab in March and this Chicagoland weather has been killing me. Last couple days have been gorgeous, now looking like another week of rain. Grrrr

Hagie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S Sting Grey, 2006 Scion xB RS4.0, 2013 Scion xB RS9.0
Got my Quadratec hood black out yesterday. Also got a stomach bug yesterday so waiting until this weekend to install. Should be fun with help from my 6 year old.

4x4Funlover

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
Quadratec aluminum engine and trans skid installed on my 2-door. The current 4 door plate will work on the 2 door if you make a hole for the fuel tank skid stud in the cross member or just cut off the stud like I did. I made a visit to Quadratec and worked with the engineers there. They have updated the site so that current skids say 4 door only and will update when they have the 2 door's ready (the hole for the 2 door's did not make it into production).
IMG_20190523_142123389.jpg
did lose a little ground clearance but the protection from this thing is better than the alternative these things are stout. I was talking was talking to Quadratec engineers, while developing the skids the engineers used a jack to lift the vehicle off the ground from multiple points plates and cross members.

MacombRoger

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue
Occupation
Solution Architect

MacombRoger

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue
Occupation
Solution Architect
Not a question for you, but does anyone know what the green and white plugs are for here behind the glove box. I haven't taken it apart to look myself, but anytime I see open "ports" I see opportunity. :)

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
Tested mine out today, you can definitely feel the resistance with the Fox ats . It feels real good super impressed. I didn’t think my steering was sloppy just thought my tires were tracking in the grooves with the stock stabilizer until today everything is nice and tight. I would highly recommend this stabilizer to JL owners and I’m running a heavy 37 on a 12 wide wheel .
Glad it worked out for you too! Cheers!

jdthird

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Willys
A few weekends ago I got the hoist installed in the garage, so was able to get the hard top off and stored, and install the Bestop NX I purchased back in March... Then yesterday was the first day to get the doors off... Driving was weird without the side mirrors - not required here as long as the rearview mirror is unobstructed, but I still ordered a pair of ones that bolt somewhere under the window, since the ones that go into the hinge point seem to fold in for everyone... Waiting for those to ship now...

20190523_210310988_iOS.jpg

20190523_211642729_iOS.jpg

brazos

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, Giant singlespeed mountain bike, Hobie Revolution kayak
Occupation
Dog Feeder

MacJack

First Name
-O)|||||(O-Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL 2 Door
Vehicle Showcase
Amazon
.50 OD x 25'
rubber
two types shown, I bought the solid, round tube type
cleaned out gap with compressed air and credit card
worked gasket in with plastic trim tool in the sun
started doing one fender then going around to the next 3
ended up going around 3-4 times as it kept going deeper (as it softened up and got flexible)
ultimately wedged in and looked like a factory gasket
Would you share the amazon link to the product. Thanks.

JeepSmash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Unlimited
A few weekends ago I got the hoist installed in the garage, so was able to get the hard top off and stored, and install the Bestop NX I purchased back in March... Then yesterday was the first day to get the doors off... Driving was weird without the side mirrors - not required here as long as the rearview mirror is unobstructed, but I still ordered a pair of ones that bolt somewhere under the window, since the ones that go into the hinge point seem to fold in for everyone... Waiting for those to ship now...

20190523_210310988_iOS.jpg

20190523_211642729_iOS.jpg
You should look into the tube doors. EAG has them cheap or next step up is the Rugged Ridge ones. They have mirrors and add at least a tiny degree of safety. Just a thought.

Kevin’s Rubi

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Retired flight test engineer
I got more mud than i care to all up around my whole front end.

received_2305407636178451.jpeg

received_416005775798094.jpeg
That needs to be the photo that goes with; “Life happens. Just be cool and roll with it!”

Best pic ever! Glad you had a good time no matter what happened.

AZJLU1100

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
I installed a Bestop Sunrider on my Jeep Friday afternoon with the help of my 5-year-old grandson and 2-year-old granddaughter. It took twice as long as it would have had I been alone, but we got it done just in time for the first 80+ degree temperatures of the year this weekend! :):like:

jeep_sunrider_1200.jpg
That was one of my favorite after market purchases. Enjoy the weather within a few seconds.