Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR (Wrikki), 2018 Grand Sport (V)
Occupation
Retired puter dork
Vehicle Showcase
I added Spidertrax wheel spacers and I took of my Sahara plastic bumper and replaced with the Rubicon stubby bumper, skid plate and a bull bar in preparation for a winch at a later date.

0C8304A1-3AA5-49C2-B009-41A86E4A86C6.jpeg

C74CC5D5-70DB-4A40-8486-0E0A6A9FE8D8.jpeg

9BAAEDC6-1C07-4828-B555-172B85A55D1E.jpeg
Holy Krap! We are neighbors!

ScoobyDoggle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Hella Yella JLU
Just got my first Jeep last month and loving it so far. JLU Sport S.

Most of my mods have been pretty small. Don't intend to do any hard core wheeling. Just some light off roading and beach. But it's mostly our daily driver and family car. I've always wanted a Wrangler since I was in high school and I'm glad they've catered to the 'family car' demographic. There's a Wrangler for everyone! We drove with the top down (just the freedom panels) the other day for the first time and the kids loved it.

List of my mods:
-Installed gas cap cover [
-Replaced antenna [AntennaX Off-Road (13-inch) Antenna for (07 thru 19) Jeep Wrangler JK JL]
-Installed Bushwhacker sill guards (I'm so glad they make these because they also end up covering the pinch seam) [Bushwacker 14085 Rocker Panel Cover]
-Replaced front plastic bumper (euro guards were gross) with rubicon steel bumpers (I love the red tow hooks)

Accessories:
-GPCA cargo cover pro, for when I go top off, but I haven't installed it yet. I did install the quick release anchors though.
-Alien SunShade two piece that I have yet to install.
-Owl Camera. I got their mount that was made for vertical mirrors but found it to be too bulky. I went back to the original mount.

I don't know if I'm planning to do any other major mods. I'm pretty happy with how it's looking and performing right now. I may replace the halogen headlights with LEDs.

Also looking at options on how to store my hardtop. Looks like the easiest (unfortunately the most expensive) is with the TopLift Pro.

Quick question: Does the Rubicon steel bumper expose the wires of the LED foglights? Mine are exposed and was wondering if there should be a covering behind there?

Exposed fog light wiring (steel rubicon bumper):
IMG_2589.jpg

Gas Cap Cover:
IMG_2597.jpg

Owl Camera:
IMG_2601.jpg

Antenna replacement
IMG_2595.jpg

Bushwacker sill guards
IMG_2596.jpg

GPCA Quick Release anchors
IMG_2600.jpg

Rubicon steel front bumper
IMG_2655.jpg

Everything looks awesome. Interested on how you like the GPCA cargo cover - been looking at that as well. Please post update once you install, would love to hear your feedback on that one... Nice work!

Brew211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLURM, Tundra, 2022 JLU 392 XR
Vehicle Showcase
Just got my first Jeep last month and loving it so far. JLU Sport S.

Most of my mods have been pretty small. Don't intend to do any hard core wheeling. Just some light off roading and beach. But it's mostly our daily driver and family car. I've always wanted a Wrangler since I was in high school and I'm glad they've catered to the 'family car' demographic. There's a Wrangler for everyone! We drove with the top down (just the freedom panels) the other day for the first time and the kids loved it.

List of my mods:
-Installed gas cap cover [
-Replaced antenna [AntennaX Off-Road (13-inch) Antenna for (07 thru 19) Jeep Wrangler JK JL]
-Installed Bushwhacker sill guards (I'm so glad they make these because they also end up covering the pinch seam) [Bushwacker 14085 Rocker Panel Cover]
-Replaced front plastic bumper (euro guards were gross) with rubicon steel bumpers (I love the red tow hooks)

Accessories:
-GPCA cargo cover pro, for when I go top off, but I haven't installed it yet. I did install the quick release anchors though.
-Alien SunShade two piece that I have yet to install.
-Owl Camera. I got their mount that was made for vertical mirrors but found it to be too bulky. I went back to the original mount.

I don't know if I'm planning to do any other major mods. I'm pretty happy with how it's looking and performing right now. I may replace the halogen headlights with LEDs.

Also looking at options on how to store my hardtop. Looks like the easiest (unfortunately the most expensive) is with the TopLift Pro.

Quick question: Does the Rubicon steel bumper expose the wires of the LED foglights? Mine are exposed and was wondering if there should be a covering behind there?

Exposed fog light wiring (steel rubicon bumper):
IMG_2589.jpg

Gas Cap Cover:
IMG_2597.jpg

Owl Camera:
IMG_2601.jpg

Antenna replacement
IMG_2595.jpg

Bushwacker sill guards
IMG_2596.jpg

GPCA Quick Release anchors
IMG_2600.jpg

Rubicon steel front bumper
IMG_2655.jpg
did the standard mount work with the Owl or did you have to order the steep windshield mount? Can you provide a screen shot of what the footage looks like in out out? Thanks

Onward4x4

First Name
Nima
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.onward4x4.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU
Occupation
Traveler
Vehicle Showcase
Day 26

Installed ProClip phone mount. I wanted to use the magnetic mount with charger but even with a thin case I just don't see how the phone would stay so I used the clamp style. I moved the magnetic mount to the top of dash. I made a wooden mount that matched the angles of storage bin and also made sure top of it was level. I screwed it down and ran usb wire under dash and to a hardwired USB power supply to the continuously powered circuit. I also mounted rack lights. 2 small ones pointing towards the front, 1 small one pointed down on each side and a larger one pointed out the rear. The rear one uses the brackets I made earlier. It sits below the rack so not to interfere. I went with 2 small ones on the front (versus a single) so that the middle of rack stays open in case I want to haul something long like kayak, lumber, ladder, etc. Had to mount the 2 front ones on an elevated platform to clear sunrider if open and also because I only mounted each light with a single screw in the middle. I had to have some way to transition from that single screw to the 2 side brackets.

Hope some of these ideas help someone. Feel free to PM me if needed!

PHOTO_20190514_181906.jpg

PHOTO_20190514_171520.jpg

PHOTO_20190514_182001.jpg

PHOTO_20190514_183527.jpg
What kind of a rack is this? Can post a link? TIA.

Mark Elliott

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Very nice...what brand did you go with.
They are Katzkin’s. I love the way they came out, and the Red is much deeper rich looking than i imagined, photo doesn’t do it any justice.

And thank you!

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
I finally got got my real bead-locks on, they balanced out with very little weight. I’m really impressed with these dirty life wheels. And, of course, Colby did her own inspection, she approves.....:)

FB45E986-6971-4A83-8FEA-692BB5A18546.jpeg
9B2C14A9-A8D0-4B8E-A37D-9169658CFF6E.png
DEF70CAA-BB7B-4630-BD8E-8704CBBF9200.jpeg
B94F2ABF-7EA5-41C1-A9FE-D2DF3CC41CEE.png
Whered you order the rings from? Been thinking about getting the rings for mine

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Whered you order the rings from? Been thinking about getting the rings for mine
Morris 4x4, 100.00. a piece, but the wife found coupon code saved 15%, don’t know if still going on though.

Drumr04

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport
Things I did to her today. I took delivery of her and put the top down! I've been looking around for another Jeep for a while. Finally found this 19 Sport S 6M that spoke to me when I drove her. She wouldn't leave my side when I was on the lot. I already have an AJT keyfob and a phone holder on order.
20190515_145451.jpg

Whipper25

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sports S
did the standard mount work with the Owl or did you have to order the steep windshield mount? Can you provide a screen shot of what the footage looks like in out out? Thanks
I ordered the steep windshield mount but I found it too bulky. So I just went back with the original mount that the Owl Cam comes with