What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

robaw

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB (MOJITO!), 2009 Honda CBR600RR
Just picked up a set of rubi take offs rock sliders.

Missing my steps already.....hmmmmmm. :idea:
Shoulda went with Moab take offs - functional as rock sliders and steps :rock:

Renegade Wrangler

First Name
Gasan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Rubicon
Occupation
Spice Man
If you’re asking these questions, it’s to late, you need help... :giggle: I know this because I’m in Jeep mod recovery. The worst thing you can do now is go out on a trail run with a group, because you’re gonna see stuff you didn’t think about and you’ll have to have it.....:facepalm:.........:)
:computerrage:

Jo's Jeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I did it in place, on 37s there was enough room I just did it on a creeper rolling around. The best part is you don’t have to worry about overspray under there, lol. I just covered my shocks because they’re silver but other than that it was really pretty simple. The hardest part was getting behind the tow hitch, if you have the tow package, you’ll have to spray from both sides of it towards the center. That’s if you don’t want to remove it. I wasn’t crazy about that idea. But you’ll do fine, post pic when you’re done. I see you have a red rig, muffler seems to look better black on red ones because the black goes good with the red, looks really good, @melendez69 has his done on his red rig and looks great.......:)
Yep, creeper and a flap off a cardboard box to deflect overspray (probably didn't need it), my fat butt was able to squeeze under there on 33" tires.

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
Amazon
.50 OD x 25'
rubber
two types shown, I bought the solid, round tube type
cleaned out gap with compressed air and credit card
worked gasket in with plastic trim tool in the sun
started doing one fender then going around to the next 3
ended up going around 3-4 times as it kept going deeper (as it softened up and got flexible)
ultimately wedged in and looked like a factory gasket
Thanks...link?

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
We put new handles on we took the Mopar ones off because they made your hand swing.these are made by gpca I love them you can get them in any color just about green orange red titanium and silver you can put the velcro strap on them or leave it bare metal it feels really good in your hand at a flip-up they even have a side compartment on the side where you can store a breakaway glass pan or a spare money for emergency they're really nice. And we got rid of our 37 1250 17 nitto ridge grapplers even though they were quiet I wanted to go back to the mud tire. So we went with a 37 1350 17 I was worried about it because everyone said it would walk on me going down the highway. But now it's the best ride I've ever had it rides so smooth anyone thinking about doing a 1350 over 1250 do it you'll enjoy it it's such a better ride more meat on the ground

20190504_130400.jpg

20190507_164039.jpg

Kevin’s Rubi

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Retired flight test engineer
This afternoon my son and I added the Tuffy Tailgate lockbox. This wasn't difficult by any stretch of the imagination but it was the first mod my son could really help with and it was nice to see him feeling proud of his work.
IMG_3646.jpg
This is what life is all about!

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
What'd you go with?
If you’re in the market for a radio, depending on what they guys you wheel with use, look into gmrs. We bought a midland mxt275 and love it. Very clear and great range. Did a 6db antenna

Brett