What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

sourdough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Interior color conversion is a work in progress. My interior will never be all tan. So far, all of the upper removable pieces are now tan(krylon plastic fussion satin khaki). Hot Head panels are beige option. Lower half of interior is still black except the door panels and tailgate panel. Carpets will change to tan when color becomes available thur after market. Looking a seat covers, undecided as yet. "It’s a Jeep thing”. I don’t care if others like “My Jeep Thing" or not.
JL interior 1.jpg
JL interior ceiling 1.jpg
JL interior ceiling 2.jpg
JL interior 2.jpg

Last edited:

jlewissystem

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR MANUAL Mojito!
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
It's essentially a more involved process of applying sealant, but still pretty easy.

For me personally, I rely on Xpel for protection, esp for rock chips.
Would either of you be willing to PM me the details? I'm looking to do this as well. Product details and process? Thanks!

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, Tesla S
Build Thread
Link
Would either of you be willing to PM me the details? I'm looking to do this as well. Product details and process? Thanks!

applying the Ceramic coating is the easy part it is all in the prep and color correction, without that the results will be marginal. It takes a lot of skill to do the color correction steps and paint finish work prior to applying the Ceramic coating.

I did a lot of research on Ceramic vs 3M/Xpel paint protection.

Ceramic is not offroad friendly in terms of scratch or rock chip protection as rocks even the smallest pebble will penetrate the coating, tree limbs, bush and brush will still scratch through the ceramic coating. Where the ceramic coating strong points are if done right your Wrangler will look spectacular, require less washing for several years. Ceramic would be my choice for strictly on road use.

There other options are Paint Protection films, like 3m, Xpel and Suntek, these are by far the best protection short of armour on the exterior of your Jeep. These are clear plastic film that are tough as nails and will resist rock ships and trail scratches, the best part is they are SELF HEALING, get a scratch park in the sun for a bit scratches disippear and it looks like new again.

I had it done over the Weekend, I had the 3m Pro installed it has a 10 year warranty cost $1600 for the entire wrangler except the tailgate area and grill. I did all 4 doors, full hood, fenders, fender flares. My wrangler is black and the film actually looks better than the new Stock paint.

Note I looked at Xpel but many reviews suggested it has a bit of an orange peel, I then went and saw a car that had both 3M and Expel the 3M leaps and bounds better visually. Another factor for me was here in the Seattle market, 3M dominates and several shops have recently dropped Xpel and switched to 3M Pro. They are all good protection products though with just a few nuances.

The Cost of the film is expensive so there would be a lot of risk trying to apply yourself, it can be done though.

I just could not see the benefit of Ceramic for off road protection about $800 to have it done.

RMojitoJL

First Name
Skyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon *Mojito*, 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude, 2019 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Occupation
Loan Officer
Vehicle Showcase
Installed ROAM side steps sans lights after having them Line-X'ed. Used 3/8 plugs for the light holes prior to getting them coated.

ROAM-01.jpg

ROAM-02.JPG

ROAM-03.jpg
I might have to consider doing mine-

RMojitoJL

First Name
Skyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon *Mojito*, 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude, 2019 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Occupation
Loan Officer
Vehicle Showcase

D60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Warning: more super hardcore tech to follow:

Installed the GPCA tie-downs on the rear. Used my Snappy gold Torx 'cause goddamnit overpriced Jeeps oughtta be serviced by overpriced tools ;)

IMG_20190507_111755648.jpg

carcollector

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 rubicon JL, 1970 Hemi Cuda, 1970 Dodge Challenger, 1969 Mustang Mach1, Superformance 427 Cobra, 1990 Bronco, 2016 AMG GTS
tuffy tailgate lockable storage
.50"x20' of rubber gasket between body and fenders
console OCD organizer