JurassicJeep12

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jpmotorpool.com
Vehicle(s)
1992 Jeep Wrangler (Leslie), 2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (Land Raider)
Occupation
Warehouse Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Not to be a fun sucker but some numb nut could confuse you as the police or government official.
Random attacks and ambushes occur far too frequently these days.
I like the decals but you could draw some unwanted attention.
To make things worse, Nevada highway patrol just announced they are switching their fleet to silver with blue stripes.

I’m replicating an actual movie car in case you thought I randomly chose this design.

3CC7A5B9-A3E4-4150-9BFE-A854F6622409.jpeg

Darter02

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ronlutzii-photographer.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Wrangler Sport Unlimited
Occupation
Photographer
Not to be a fun sucker but some numb nut could confuse you as the police or government official.
Random attacks and ambushes occur far too frequently these days.
I like the decals but you could draw some unwanted attention.
My wife and I are binging Trailer Park Boys. You're comment had me picture Ricky reacting to seeing these roll into one of their capers.:CWL:

robaw

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB (MOJITO!), 2009 Honda CBR600RR
Added 2 door Mopar Performance Rock Rails. They stick out just far enough to assist my wife getting in and out but I wouldn't call them a step. Also adds some extra door ding protection.

IMG_0417.jpeg

IMG_0420.jpeg

IMG_0422.jpeg
+1 for the functionality of the Mopar Performance Rock Rails... Tonight I "carpooled" with my ex-wife's mother to a band contest that my daughter was competing in. I was a little worried that she wouldn't be able to get in my Jeep (she's 70 and has had multiple knee replacement surgeries) so I brought a step stool with me. She hopped right in with a little help from the "step". I also would not necessarily classify it as a full step, as it's best suited for small feet, but it apparently can be useful! :like:

KCC_703

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting-Gray MOAB
here is another view with the 4.7 backspace (-12 offset) Note I had to use extra wide mud flaps however they block 95% of the throwing. So even thought they stick out about 2" I like the look as well the mud flaps do a great job.

Unless the reads are very wet I get no throw on the doors even then is minimal, rear fender gets a little more still no more than a stock Wrangler. I had my wrangler wrapped in 3M paint protection film today so frankly not worried about tire splash... Without the mud flap I could not keep the side clean.

Mudflaps%205_zpsc6bkzqv9.jpg

Thanks! I like the look of the tires jutting out from the body also... And the pictures clarify the XL RokBlokz.

Much appreciated!

From0toJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Firecracker Sahara (ordered 4/16/18, received 5/12/18), 2015 QX60, 2012 5.0, 2013 Prius V (hers)
I wouldnt ask 4WP for advice. They are there to sell. Had one guy tell me i needed spacers AND new wheels on my Rubicon.

Trust the forums. Lots of good info here. I came knowing NOTHING about Jeep/4x4 and i had never modded a car outside of the audio.

I get a lot of compliments on my build everywhere i go. And ive done everything myself.

Check my post on here when i picked the wheels, its -6 offset/4.75 backspace....itll give you an idea of how much the tires stick out.
I went back quite a few pages and saw your post that you got it from 4wp but didn’t see anything else.

What’s a “backspace”?

Here are the 5.71 backspace side view

image3%201_zpswwkedd90.jpg

image2%201_zpsd8lupibd.jpg

Here is the current 4.7" backspace
back_zpsg4ectnuf.jpg

lower%20half%20jeep_zpsvfeyredx.jpg

The Perspective is the the 5.71 backspace vs 4.7" back space is 1" so that is the difference
here is another view with the 4.7 backspace (-12 offset) Note I had to use extra wide mud flaps however they block 95% of the throwing. So even thought they stick out about 2" I like the look as well the mud flaps do a great job.

Unless the reads are very wet I get no throw on the doors even then is minimal, rear fender gets a little more still no more than a stock Wrangler. I had my wrangler wrapped in 3M paint protection film today so frankly not worried about tire splash... Without the mud flap I could not keep the side clean.

Mudflaps%205_zpsc6bkzqv9.jpg
Thank you for these. I’m looking for a stick out of no more than 1” on the stock Sahara susp setup.

vonbek

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
To make things worse, Nevada highway patrol just announced they are switching their fleet to silver with blue stripes.

I’m replicating an actual movie car in case you thought I randomly chose this design.

3CC7A5B9-A3E4-4150-9BFE-A854F6622409.jpeg
Get a stack of T-Rex decals to hand out in case you get pulled over.

Kayakjoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JlUR
That's what friends are for!!! What size tires you running?
Exactly, I had been looking at these rims and a few pics were all that was needed to push the button. The tires are Nitto Trail Grapplers 35x11.5 17.

noloc45

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2004 IS300
Occupation
QA Engineer/RPA Dev
I went back quite a few pages and saw your post that you got it from 4wp but didn’t see anything else.

What’s a “backspace”?

Thank you for these. I’m looking for a stick out of no more than 1” on the stock Sahara susp setup.
-6 offset

Keep in mind that i have stock 33s. The Rubicon wheels are 17x7.5 and the new wheels are 17x9. Ill be upgrading to 35x12.5 tires which will add a little more width.

Anyone chime in and correct me.

IMG_20190417_151741_562.jpg

IMG_20190417_151802_622.jpg

offset-1.jpg

LLRubylady

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
was an ‘18 Rubicon Mojito! now a boring Mazda
-6 offset

Keep in mind that i have stock 33s. The Rubicon wheels are 17x7.5 and the new wheels are 17x9. Ill be upgrading to 35x12.5 tires which will add a little more width.

Anyone chime in and correct me.

IMG_20190417_151741_562.jpg

IMG_20190417_151802_622.jpg

offset-1.jpg
I have -12 rims to use with 35s. Is that offset bad fir handling? Shop says no but from everything I read I should switch to positive offset. I have the same rims on n 6” backspace but that might be too close fir 12.5 wide tires.

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, Tesla S
Build Thread
Link

What’s a “backspace”?

Back space is 4.7" -12 offset

My wheels and tires were from Discount Tire (they are awesome). The 4WP mentioned was due my front end weight the front was dropped a bit and the springs were bowed (although Wrangler springs are supposed to be bowed out) to compensate for the rake Rancho sent spacers and they paid 4WP to do the upgrades to 3.5" Rancho lift, Rancho provided the parts for free and they paid the Labor at 4WP to have it all done (Amazing customer service from Rancho) anyway that was the 4WP call out...

There are some 34" tires that are only 11.5" wide (most 34" and 35" are 12.5") cannot remember which brands offer that size however that would be your best option IMO and allow you the 4.5-4.7 backspace and only be about 1" out. This should be your ideal future proof solution and maintain that 1"

Bingy

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JLU
Thank you tons for this post. I already took lots of notes. I agree with you, my plan is to lift (eventually)... even then, it would be a modest lift of no more than 2" probably. That being said, the only reason why I mentioned 33" is based on my research here, it looks like 33" was the max to avoid any rubbing, etc. on a stock Sahara. I would like to go bigger (now) if I could... Do you (or anyone else) know if 34 or 35" will work with no rubbing?

And thanks for the advice on -12 to -18 offset (I think most of the wheels I was looking at had this), as well as Discount Tire. I've bought a few other sets from them in the past and they've been great I agree.
If it helps, I was running 295 70 17 on my Stock Sahara and the wheels are +18 offset. You can search the forum under my name and see my pics. Since that time, I am now running a Tereflex ST3 3.5" suspension lift with the same wheels, same offset. The tires I have now are 315 70 17. I have not posted the latest pics of what I currently have.

You cannot run 34's or 35's on the stock +44 wheels. There is an online calculator that allows you to see different combinations of offsets. I have found that +18 is the most + offset you can go without rubbing. The tire does not stick out that much at all. There are many here who run zero offset and up to -12 offset and they look just as good with a mild lift.

Here is an example of a +18 offset and 17 inch wheel. The tires at the time were 295 70 17.

phone pics 618.jpg

From0toJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Firecracker Sahara (ordered 4/16/18, received 5/12/18), 2015 QX60, 2012 5.0, 2013 Prius V (hers)
If it helps, I was running 295 70 17 on my Stock Sahara and the wheels are +18 offset. You can search the forum under my name and see my pics. Since that time, I am now running a Tereflex ST3 3.5" suspension lift with the same wheels, same offset. The tires I have now are 315 70 17. I have not posted the latest pics of what I currently have.

You cannot run 34's or 35's on the stock +44 wheels. There is an online calculator that allows you to see different combinations of offsets. I have found that +18 is the most + offset you can go without rubbing. The tire does not stick out that much at all. There are many here who run zero offset and up to -12 offset and they look just as good with a mild lift.

Here is an example of a +18 offset and 17 inch wheel. The tires at the time were 295 70 17.

phone pics 618.jpg
Thank you for this post. Been doing research all morning lol. That online calculator that was pasted is awesome. I’ve realized that I want at least a 0 to +20 offset for the right look. What’s wrong with a >+20 offset? The calculator doesn’t show rub. I plan to run no greater than a 285 65 18 or 285 70 17 if I do 17” wheels. A -12 offset will cause my tires to stick out about 2.5” from fender. That’s too much

Bingy

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JLU
Thank you for this post. Been doing research all morning lol. That online calculator that was pasted is awesome. I’ve realized that I want at least a 0 to +20 offset for the right look. What’s wrong with a >+20 offset? The calculator doesn’t show rub. I plan to run no greater than a 285 65 18 or 285 70 17 if I do 17” wheels. A -12 offset will cause my tires to stick out about 2.5” from fender. That’s too much
If the calculator shows that a +20 offset is good, then I think you are ok. The tire sizes you list are smaller in MM width so this is most likely why the calculator shows no rub. You can always pick 2 sizes and your local Discount tire can mount each one to test fit based on your set up.