What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

JLJeep313

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram
Installed longer fox 2.0 shocks. Wow what an improvement in ride quality over OEM

1D61E112-878F-465C-BC84-E9651C6631A9.jpeg

47C17429-4227-451B-BE52-A948950DBB57.jpeg
Those look great. Where did you order these? Or do they just come with the Mopar 2” lift. I’m looking to improve the ride quality of mine as well.

tatarin

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MOAB Mojito Sky One-Touch, 2015 Lexus RX350F-sport, 2005 Camry SE
Vehicle Showcase
Those look great. Where did you order these? Or do they just come with the Mopar 2” lift. I’m looking to improve the ride quality of mine as well.
Ordered them from northridge4x4 got a great deal with the “sharktank” coupon code

Granizle

First Name
J.P.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, 2017 Wrangler Sport JK, 2007 Wrangler Sahara JK

noloc45

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2004 IS300
Occupation
QA Engineer/RPA Dev
Installed Bushwacker rocker/sill guard and also the Westin slider steps.

Really like the rocker sill guard and the steps are much better than i thought. From all of the photos i saw they looked extremely bulky and wide.

But theyre actually very low profile and only as wide as the fenders

20190420_170715.jpg
I forgot to mention this for anyone wondering. I know its been covered but hope it helps.

To install the slider steps I had to remove the body bolts that have become famous for snapping and becoming troublesome and costly.

I have a rework soldering station with a heat gun. I cranked it up to 400 degrees and held it up to the bolt for 2-3 mins. Took breaker bar and it felt like splitting a snickers bar in half when it came loose. Mine had blue loctite if that matters. I think ive seen red on others.

The weird part is that the bolt is super long and has thread at the bottom and thread at the top but smooth in the center. I struggled to actually get it out because it was spinning in place. I had to get my impact driver, attach a socket and while pulling down on the bolt and used the driver to get it out. But I had to apply a lot of pressure with my fingers (dumb, I know) to pull down on the bolt as it spun to finally get it out.

Stormin’ Moorman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 20 JLUR, 21 JL, 21 GCL, 89 YJ, 04 LJ
Occupation
Forester
Vehicle Showcase
Am I the only person that thinks the angry bird look has completely played out to the point of being comical? I know this might make some members angry or hurt, but I can't even jeep wave to these abominations.
I try to me INCLUSIVE and not judge everyone else on how they choose to present their Jeep. There was a time when these people would have been chastised for their sexual preferences, but those times have come and gone. Please don’t be so judgmental.

Crusifix

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon 2.0T Hurricane
Being judgmental and having an opinion that may differ from what is PC is the great thing about freedom and individuality. Not being a sheep is a fantastic state of being. You be you (generalized, no one in particular), but I am going to be honest with everyone about my thoughts. The reason things are the way they are now is because people are too scared to state the obvious.

Last edited:

ojones7

First Name
Owain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport

Twmcneilly

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Unlimited Rubicon, 2006 Dodge Ram 3500 4x4 CTD, 2018 Honda Goldwing Tour
Occupation
Retired
Nice job on the spare I just cut a whole and called it quits. What is the thing and where did you get it for the door stop?

E4804E73-9239-4024-A96F-160981DBF1DA.jpeg
That was my first thought, but using the hob cover withy wheel would have blocked off way too much of the camera view. As it is the camera actually 'sees' a little bit of the red trim ring.
As for the door stops, they are actually replacement feet for table legs. I found them at the local Ace hardware. I got the 1-1/2" size