First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2004 IS300
Occupation
QA Engineer/RPA Dev
I have thought about those. Just not sold on them. I do like some of the rock skins that attach below the doors on the market. Just not sure of the installation process (never used nutserts).
I bought 3M clear paint protector "skin" thats 6in wide. Gonna see about lining the bottom portions of the doors with it. Strategic places like the factory skins

robaw

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB (MOJITO!), 2009 Honda CBR600RR
Am I the only person that thinks the angry bird look has completely played out to the point of being comical? I know this might make some members angry or hurt, but I can't even jeep wave to these abominations.
I don't have quite the hate that some do for them. I'm not a fan, but there are plenty of mods I've seen on Jeeps (and other vehicles for that matter) that I really don't like.

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Am I the only person that thinks the angry bird look has completely played out to the point of being comical? I know this might make some members angry or hurt, but I can't even jeep wave to these abominations.
I guess that's what makes Jeeping so much fun and unique. There are tons of things in this thread I wouldn't be caught dead doing, I just decide to move along and not comment. The rig in question IS NOT one of them.

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
I've got nothing against the whole Jeep, just the grill.
That is my point. There are plenty of things people add to their jeeps I can't stand. Too each their own and that's what makes jeeping great. Move on, who cares. I could list 15 things people have done here that I deem ugly, stupid or senseless.

Crusifix

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon 2.0T Hurricane
Then move on. Your opinion on my opinion is just as valid as my own opinion.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Replaced the 5 inch radio with the 7 inch version.

20190418_114442.jpg

20190418_164906.jpg

LUV2JEEP

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2018 F150 XLT
Also wanted to mention the Bestop Sunrider didnt allow me to put the red grab handles back on the roll cage. There wasn't enough room between the 2 bolts that hold the sunrider down. There was enough gap though. I then thought why not cut the middle velcro strap off including the fabric. I would think the strap is still as strong. I heated the edges of the fabric to keep it from fraying. Here's before and after.

PHOTO_20190410_201938.jpg

PHOTO_20190419_171935.jpg

slimfl08

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Ocean Blue Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I bought 3M clear paint protector "skin" thats 6in wide. Gonna see about lining the bottom portions of the doors with it. Strategic places like the factory skins
Nice. Let me know how that turns out. Amazon has some good prices on it.

Cookiedawg

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Where did you get the steel bumper? I’m wanting to do the same thing and checking prices. Did you do the install yourself? If so, any problems along the way?
I purchased the bumper at a dealer as well as the skid plate. You have to purchase the skid plate as a kit or you will get just a skid plate and no hardware. Depending on what model you have you might need to get a trim piece that fits between the bumper and grill. I was able to use a 15% off mopar parts coupon but all the parts including the winch guard was almost $1,400. Not cheap! It is a direct bolt on. Very easy to take the old one off and add the new.

These two links show how to take off the old and install the steel bumper. I reviewed both and they really helped. Feel free to PM me if you have any other questions.