What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

Goheels050917

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU (SOLD - March 2021)
Occupation
SD-WAN Engineer - Technical Author
Hung the Harken hoister and popped the top. Couldn't stand it anymore, the sun was shining out and in the low 30's, but had to!! Of course, it went back on after a VERY SHORT drive.

IMG_5602.JPG
I am doing mine this weekend. Should I get only a few beers, or a bottle of liquor? (I am trying to forcast how pissed i am going to get while i work on it) :)

IndustrialAction

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Removed the Rubi decal and added a new one. Also added a decal to my aftermarket windshield.

20190317_132640_1552867147136.jpg

[
WOW! Those decals do just pull right off ;)

MadDog27

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tacoma
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you Rhinebeck. I know not to say anything to the dealer. I know I can activate the switch with the tazer, but we’ll see what all they are willing to do for me because of their goof up. I appreciate the quick response.
Im a bit confused, i thought the aux switches were already set up and ready to go. The wires are by the battery. What or why do you have to go into the dealer? Do you really have to have the switches activiated in order for them to work?

brewtus98

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara, 2003 TJ, 2004 TJ Rubicon, 2004 LJ
Vehicle Showcase
I am doing mine this weekend. Should I get only a few beers, or a bottle of liquor? (I am trying to forcast how pissed i am going to get while i work on it) :)
Only Couple of beers! It really was easy worst part was of course locating rafters and making it "fit" where I wanted on the ceiling- but my joists are on 12" centers and are engineered beams with 2x4 flanges so they all located pretty good. Except a front pigtail lag I had to move outbard 3 extra inches but no biggie. Took about 2 hours in all.

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
Installed a JK Fox ATS with the 1-5/8 tie rod clamp. I really wanted to get my hydro assist setup done before EJS, but at this point I'm just happy to get the stabilizer up and away from rocks.
JK Fox ATS.jpg

robaw

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB (MOJITO!), 2009 Honda CBR600RR
Im a bit confused, i thought the aux switches were already set up and ready to go. The wires are by the battery. What or why do you have to go into the dealer? Do you really have to have the switches activiated in order for them to work?
I believe that's true. They go through the Uconnect system, that's how you "program" how they act - battery vs accessory and latching vs momentary. They're not just simple toggle switches.

Edit - if it's installed at the factory or by a dealer, it comes activated. Manual activation only needed it when you install it yourself.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@MadDog27
@robaw

If the Aux switches are installed at the factory they are activated and ready to use.

NOW, if you install Aux switches on a JL that did not have them installed at the factory then YES, you have to enable Aux via a computer flash.

Dealer does this enable Aux, flash with the wiTECH tool or you can do yourself with a Tazer JL programmer.

Jo's Jeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
My weekend project arrived today. Two days early I might add! Feel beefy, satin finish, and sitting on my kitchen counter unlike the Mopar locks!

KIMG1257.JPG

KIMG1259.JPG

Rama-Lama-Ding-Dong! Got'er done. Only comes with 2 keys, not 4 like some of the YouTube videos show. Time will tell on how the finish will hold up. Important note to consider: The Clasp is metal and if you are not careful, there is a possibility of metal to metal contact when hooking the hood shut. Just don't go slapping it shut and you should be fine. Install time 15min total. Difficulty level: 1 yawn.

KIMG1266.JPG

KIMG1270.JPG

Last edited:

MadDog27

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tacoma
Vehicle Showcase
Aahh, that makes sense. Mine did come with the jeep from factory. I can actually edit each switch like you said, latching/momentary/battery/ignition right through the radio settings. Which was why i was confused as I saw all that stuff just the other day on my radio settings.

Thanks for getting back.

@MadDog27
@robaw

If the Aux switches are installed at the factory they are activated and ready to use.

NOW, if you install Aux switches on a JL that did not have them installed at the factory then YES, you have to enable Aux via a computer flash.

Dealer does this enable Aux, flash with the wiTECH tool or you can do yourself with a Tazer JL programmer.