Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jl sports, 2015 JK Unlimited, 2013 JK @ Dr
Occupation
Village Idiot
Clubs

Fishbone Offroad, I hit my head the first day when trying to see the parking lines in the lot. Definitely considered putting it on the wife's side after that. And I'm short too.
I rarely have someone with me - the passenger side is the safe bet

BLACKMOAB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Black JLU MOAB, 2021 Black Lexus GX 460
Love the black stock wheels and decals! I have a honest ? that has always crossed my mind...why is it important to block out license plate info? I can assume for security purpose, but what can someone do with it...esp since we drive around all day for everyone local to see. Again, totally ignorant ?, but always wanted to know.
I just blacked out my license # because most other people do it. Not really sure why, but I suppose since everyone on forums uses a screen name and maybe shares their first name but prefer not to allow their full name and address to go public?

robaw

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB (MOJITO!), 2009 Honda CBR600RR
Love the black stock wheels and decals! I have a honest ? that has always crossed my mind...why is it important to block out license plate info? I can assume for security purpose, but what can someone do with it...esp since we drive around all day for everyone local to see. Again, totally ignorant ?, but always wanted to know.
I just blacked out my license # because most other people do it. Not really sure why, but I suppose since everyone on forums uses a screen name and maybe shares their first name but prefer not to allow their full name and address to go public?
@BLACKMOAB I think you're right about why people do it, but it's a false sense of security. I work in IT security - trust me when I say that if someone was so inclined they could track most of us down even without a plate number, although that would make it just a little bit easier.

richaudet

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Jeep JLUR MOJITO!
Made a bracket and mounted my camp light
20190307_114200.jpg
20190307_114211.jpg
Do you have more pictures of this in use at night? Any idea if the way you've mounted it will work with soft top? Looking for rear cargo lighting - Brawlee is a nice idea but it is hard top only. Looking for something that stays functional when I put the soft top on in the summer & when I put the hard top back on without having to swap things out.

American Jeeper

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Software & cloud services
Vehicle Showcase
OK how did your iPad test out... any videos to see if jumping around...

Thanks for doing this video.

Keep Jeeping.
I have been out of town and not had an off road trip for a while. It may be Moab before I get off road, but it does great on bumpy country roads!

RTJ

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sport Unlimited
thanks Grady, you gotta set what your expectations are when installing it yourself or paying someone. I have no experience, will100%? I graded myself a 90. Would definitely do a better job second time around as most things. Best newbie advice I could give is lay plastic over engine bay during disassembly, don't want to lose anything in that abyss lol. Also the soapy solution has to be right. I didn't have enough soap initially. You will know right away even though you soak the surface and product generously it still felt sticky and unable to move vinyl around. Right amount, you can easily push it around without effort to get your edges lined up. Couple of pics to show you what you have to take off after the insulation is removed. We like the hood, still 50/50 on the side vents

fullsizeoutput_59c.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_59d.jpeg

JaFSdyTWSv6Eik237X8Qhw.jpg
That's a great idea covering the engine compartment with plastic. Thank you.
thanks Grady, you gotta set what your expectations are when installing it yourself or paying someone. I have no experience, will it be 100%? I graded myself a 90. Would definitely do a better job second time around as most things. Best newbie advice I could give is lay plastic over engine bay during disassembly, don't want to lose anything in that abyss lol. Also the soapy solution has to be right. I didn't have enough soap initially. You will know right away even though you soak the surface and product generously it still felt sticky and unable to move vinyl around. Right amount, you can easily push it around without effort to get your edges lined up. Couple of pics to show you what you have to take off after the insulation is removed. We like the hood, still 50/50 on the side vents

fullsizeoutput_59c.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_59d.jpeg

JaFSdyTWSv6Eik237X8Qhw.jpg

mikej

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I got this EAG rack that is supposed to be rated for 300lbs. rear mounts to the window hinge, two rain gutter mounts on each side and four rubber mounted points that rest on the top. Looks and feels very sturdy and not a bad price at around $650 for the full rack. This pic is without the center section so I can still get the Freedom tops off.
https://blackdogmods.com/shop/jeep-wrangler-jl/eag-full-length-jeep-wrangler-jl-unlimited-roof-rack/
Any big change in wind noise with that rack?