Fire Burns

First Name
Fire
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 3.6; 2006 Chrysler 300c SRT-8
Way to put your foot down?
Finally got mine on yesterday too. I had to create my own backing plate because it only came with two bolts and 4 nuts instead of the backer and 2 nuts that some kits have. Be warned any who try this install. As pretty much everyone who has completed it can attest, its hella hard to do, and the difficulty level is also influenced by which of the 3 positions you choose to use. I used the middle setting, which was perfect ergonomically whilst driving (I'm 5'9") but perhaps the hardest position to install because the footrest bracket sort of blocks one of the nuts you need to tighten. I tried a number of different tools in my attempts, including sockets, extensions, and swivels, but what eventually worked best for me was a just a straight up 12pt box wrench. Worth the pain? Yes, but prepare to suffer...

Bri_BKT

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Rubicon JLU 4xe; 2016 Mazda CX-5
In CT Jeep registration (same as a car) is $100 every two years. If you have to buy a new plate there is a fee for that too but I transferred from old to new since plates go with the owner not the car in CT. I say this because I know other states like TX the plate stays with the car. We pay 6.3% sales tax on the purchase price and an annual property tax. Is the $1,250 your paying a sales tax or some other type of tax/fee?
In case you might still be interested, this is the breakdown:
Ownership Tax: $1,156.35. The rest is is spread out to Bridge Safety Surcharge, Road Safety Surcharge and Registration Fees.
No sales tax. I paid that at the dealership.

rizej

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
In case you might still be interested, this is the breakdown:
Ownership Tax: $1,156.35. The rest is is spread out to Bridge Safety Surcharge, Road Safety Surcharge and Registration Fees.
No sales tax. I paid that at the dealership.
I'm from CO too and registering my JL is like watching an aftermarket part I want getting pushed aside for years to come...

Warpath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler 2.0T JLR 2-Door, 2020 GT500
Put my a little decal on my turbo...
20190307_160256.jpg
20190307_165002.jpg

HoundDude

Threads
Reaction score
New Jersey (i know, i know, i'm stuck here)
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL Sahara
Installed a Topsy JL Universal CB mic mount. I was a bit nervous popping off the instrument panel on my new Jeep but it came off pretty easy and the whole install was about 20 minutes.
topsy install.jpg
installed.jpg
scanner.jpg
instrument.jpg
I ordered this bracket because it is the best solution I have seen to date. it is a good sturdy bracket but unfortunately it does not work on my 2019 JLUS. apparently the area around the bolt for the grab handle (behind the center panel trim piece) is different between the Sahara and other trims.

Blu bi Kong

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL