Banned
Banned
First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
This is probably the best way to mount these instead of on the windshield based on how many times we have to replace them haha.
Dude, worked out perfectly...looks factory too. And the wires, so easy to run. You should get

Bilymac

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ram 2500, 2017 Chevy Tahoe, 2017 Harley Street Glide Special, 2019 Jeep JLRU
First Name
Tiffany
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
This is cool. I see others have spoken up on mounting concerns for the belts so I'll leave that alone.

Your going to have to pay attention to the dates on the belts. Racing belts like those have expiration dates. I've seen people get ticketed for out dated belts when using them on the street and I'm sure a lawyer would have field day if you were in an accident with out dated belts. Just watching out.

Again, cool addition.
Thank you for looking out! I appreciate it! We aren't offroaders...just a mom and a dad with a bunch of kids living on the gulf coast of Florida. We're weekend Jeepers driving our local city roads, the beach, and the occasional Florida road trip. Our 4'10" 10-year-olds are loving the 3rd-row seat and the racing belts, so to have kids excited for road trips without any complaining...no matter what seat they're in feels like a win! And we feel super safe with the seat and racing belt addition.

SpringsJL

First Name
Cage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU
where did you get the new hood from?
Dealership, you can buy the kit that comes everything needed for $850 or buy it separate for more $. Also ask about 10% off really helped. Comes primed ready for paint

algoo31

First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
how the sound? i dont want mine to sound like a lifted honda rice bucket
With a soft top i didn't want anything to sound too loud. So i stayed clear of some of the louder ones. At idle it has a slight deeper bass sound than stock, and not really all that noticeable. But at around 2.5k RPMs is when you really hear the engine come to life. it has a nice throaty sound that isn't obnoxious.

i didnt want a honda or lawnmower sound. And as well, i didnt want a rumbling defining sound. I can happily say this is a nice upgrade from stock and sounds like what you would think a jeep should sound like. i went with the Magnaflow axel back and had no problems installing it myself with my daughter. :)

algoo31

First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Love the all black military look how’s the intake and exhaust you like it so far? notice any performance or nah
I noticed a nice pick up and go, as well as what seemed like more torque with the intake and exhaust. I drove around hot roding for a day and enjoyed the extra boost. But after putting on the lift and tires i think it kinda killed it. As far as i can tell, it just sounds and looks good now.

xtopherm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HellaYella 2019 JLUR
Does anyone make an aftermarket fender liner piece that doesn't rub (looks nice but is contoured differently)??
I've seen videos where people used a heat gun to warm it up and reshape it concave instead of convex - why not try that first?

LLANERO

First Name
Dario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
I was trying to find a picture of the back of the media port to see what it looks like, but have yet to find a pic. I may have to pull it out. Most of these types still connect to something internally via some sort of USB port. It's not hard to modify to run a wire to another place. I've done this exact thing in a few vehicles. When it warms up some more around here, I'll pull it all apart and look around.
Been thinking about doing the same...

xtopherm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HellaYella 2019 JLUR
I am doing the rubi shocks tommorow. Does your ride any different?
When I switched my JLUR to 35s with steel wheels, it suddenly felt to me like the OEM red Rubicon shocks where struggling to control the wheels - they felt out matched. The 35s are a heavy tire (70 lbs) and the wheels are not light, but that was a surprise to me given that they are supposed to be an up-spec'ed shock. I have a lift in the crate waiting for some warmer drier weather to install and that lift comes with upgraded Fox shocks, so hopefully they will be stouter?