What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

TimR

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Well, my JL Phone Holsters (Center Console Mount) for the passenger side, arrived today and of course I installed immediately.

Took about 5 mins to install. So very easy to install.....

With the holster installed, the passenger side seat can still be moved fully forward.

Well, I was impressed with the Fob Holster, I bought from Gibson Leatherworks a few months ago and I am equally impressed with the JL Phone Holster.

What a terrific offering! Mark is a craftsman to say the least. Thanks Mark!

Holster01.jpg

Holster02.jpg

@Blkjak
What's that hold...a cell phone??

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
What's that hold...a cell phone??
Meant for smart phone but could be used to holster other things.

I know my Samsung S8 in it's Otterbox case fits in it and there is lots of left over room.

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

Nice shine. Mine's only 2 weeks old and already has the salt brine film that is almost impossible to remove. Really shows on black paint.
That sucks! Clay bar and a solid wax job in order. I am glad that it isn’t often I have to deal with going anywhere with salt or to much snow! The last good thing about California lol

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So, wouldn't putting in the seatbelt do the same thing?
@TimR

Yes, if you fasten the seat belt in back of you or in front of you, Auto Park will not engage if you drive forward or backward with the door open.

I don't fancy sitting on the seat belt buckle...

km58501

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
@TimR

Yes, if you fasten the seat belt in back of you or in front of you, Auto Park will not engage if you drive forward or backward with the door open.

I don't fancy sitting on the seat belt buckle...
What happens if you unplug the door wiring harness?

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What happens if you unplug the door wiring harness?
@km58501

Yes, IF you dosconnect the door wiring harness on the driver's side, that will disable Auto Park.

For me, I want a quick and easy way to disable Auto Park when I am trailering. The plastic clip in the seat belt buckle takes a split second to insert.

I trailer lots so I need an easy way to disable Auto Park.

Disconnecting the door wiring harness is not that easy.. Yes, not hard but not as easy as inserting a seat belt clip into a buckle.

I might add... that unless you are careful, it is easy to damage the connectors in regard to the door wiring harness. I would rather fool with the door harness connection as little as possible.

km58501

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
@km58501

Yes, IF you dosconnect the door wiring harness on the driver's side, that will disable Auto Park.

For me, I want a quick and easy way to disable Auto Park when I am trailering. The plastic clip in the seat belt buckle takes a split second to insert.

I trailer lots so I need an easy way to disable Auto Park.

Disconnecting the door wiring harness is not that easy.. Yes, not hard but not as easy as inserting a seat belt clip into a buckle.

I might add... that unless you are careful, it is easy to damage the connectors in regard to the door wiring harness. I would rather fool with the door harness connection as little as possible.

Makes sense. The only time I had issues with auto park was when I was maneuvering to pull a pickup out of the snow bank he was stuck in.

RMojitoJL

First Name
Skyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon *Mojito*, 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude, 2019 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Occupation
Loan Officer
Vehicle Showcase
She stretched her legs a little :rock:

AFlexRMojito3.jpg

Euro JEEP

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ
After seeing your post I reached out to UPRProduct as my can is on the left photo below"
IMG_2237.jpeg

Joe wrote back:

"The 3.6 catch cans have the diffuser on that side to promote vacuum and if the end user wants
to swap the diffuser to the opposite side they can absolutely do so. For regular street jeeps and
general driving, the diffuser can be on the right side and for off road and rock crawling you can
run the diffuser on the left side.

It only takes removing two small screws and swapping sides to run the diffuser either way.

Also, if anyone has questions you can give them my email [email protected]
I appreciate you getting back to me and watching out for UPR. I get so swamped
here I don't have enough time to scroll the forums and this is a great help.

Thank you, Joe"

I also told Joe I have increased my mpg as much as 4-6 avg and will do a more control investigation on the mpg savings.

This is well worth looking at.... very professional made and high quality... does not come in Mojito.
Does this exist for 2.0L engine too?

NovaJeep

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S
Installed a @Rough Country Suspensions dual steering stabilizer on my wife @TankGirl JLU. The factory one was bashed off a rock, and we were looking for something to mount it over the tie rod rather than constantly replacing the stock one.
:like:
20190207_092322~2.jpg
That bumper looks great! Seriously considering one myself... what lights do you have on it there?

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well, I tested with an inexpensive, Seat Belt Clip today, and it indeed disables Auto Park on the JL, when it is inserted into the driver's side buckle.

Cost was $1.49 for two of them with free shipping to me.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/113391942382
SB-Clip.jpg

sb-clip.jpg
sb-clip.jpg

Well, the eBAY vendor raised the price by a dollar.

For $2.49 he sells two with free shipping. Even @ $2.49 his/her price is better then most.

ALSO, the vendor is in the USA, so you get the product quickly:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Pair-Unive...122052&hash=item1a6645d27d:g:jhwAAOSwvf9b821B

JC7

First Name
Jdog
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Rubicon
After seeing your post I reached out to UPRProduct as my can is on the left photo below"
IMG_2237.jpeg

Joe wrote back:

"The 3.6 catch cans have the diffuser on that side to promote vacuum and if the end user wants
to swap the diffuser to the opposite side they can absolutely do so. For regular street jeeps and
general driving, the diffuser can be on the right side and for off road and rock crawling you can
run the diffuser on the left side.

It only takes removing two small screws and swapping sides to run the diffuser either way.

Also, if anyone has questions you can give them my email [email protected]
I appreciate you getting back to me and watching out for UPR. I get so swamped
here I don't have enough time to scroll the forums and this is a great help.

Thank you, Joe"

I also told Joe I have increased my mpg as much as 4-6 avg and will do a more control investigation on the mpg savings.

This is well worth looking at.... very professional made and high quality... does not come in Mojito.
Dumb question, but why is one side better for street vs off-road?

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
That bumper looks great! Seriously considering one myself... what lights do you have on it there?
Thanks!
They are Rigid Radiance pods with Amber backlighting. I have the amber lights tied into the blinkers so they flash with them
20190203_210322~2.jpg