What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Installed ROAM side steps. If anyone is interested in my Rubicon rock rails PM me.

02399109-33D7-4214-AFD6-22C014F689FA.jpeg

C913CFE7-C28A-4980-B32D-7E723CFC232A.jpeg
Lookin’ good man! @ROAM makes a solid product. I’m having mine Rhino Lined before installing. I may not mess with the lights right off the bat though.

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
"Installed" the Tufskinz cup holder inserts. Looks nice and well made in the great USA.

Also put on the falcon stabilizer and I swear I will buy a decent impact wrench after this!

20190112_155431.jpg

20190112_155527.jpg

20190112_173621.jpg

20190112_173654.jpg
Nice man! Where did you scoop those TuffSkinz?

Yeah when I was installing mine, well, just before the install it was a great excuse to go out and buy a Torque wrench at Lowe’s. When I went to Lowe’s I bought one a really high rated one (which I didn’t need) and then I ordered a lower rated one for the job. My wife was like why did you buy two? Lol

plex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Weekend keyboard mechanic and beer drinker
Vehicle Showcase

Yeah when I was installing mine, well, just before the install it was a great excuse to go out and buy a Torque wrench at Lowe’s. When I went to Lowe’s I bought one a really high rated one (which I didn’t need) and then I ordered a lower rated one for the job. My wife was like why did you buy two? Lol
Yes sir. I have been using impact driver and socket adapters like forever, but just too lazy to get an impact wrench. Well no excuse right now, as I am about to tackle that 24 mm bolt on controlling arm. Makita here I come!

The thing about JL is almost everything is metric, and I am seriously lacking in that department. I need to pay a visit to the good ole' Habor sometimes.

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Yes sir. I have been using impact driver and socket adapters like forever, but just too lazy to get an impact wrench. Well no excuse right now, as I am about to tackle that 24 mm bolt on controlling arm. Makita here I come!

The thing about JL is almost everything is metric, and I am seriously lacking in that department. I need to pay a visit to the good ole' Habor sometimes.
Yeah it’s a metric wonderland under there haha fortunately I’m loaded in that department after coming to the Jeep world from Euro scene and before that the JDM scene haha

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350

If it’s not to late, there’s nothing better than the Milwaukee 1/2 impacts. I have ridgid due to their lifetime warranty on everything including batteries but eh Milwaukee is down right nasty. I don’t have a ridgid 1/2” impact to compare it against but it might be great too.

Brett

Iwant2poop

First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler Sport, 2002 Grand Cherokee (Sold)
MVIMG_20190112_125727~2.jpg
MVIMG_20190112_204045.jpg
IMG_20190112_204050.jpg
IMG_20190112_204137.jpg

Drove up to Pennsylvania to pick up a used Gobi rack and got it installed before the storm hit, but still not snow and some freezing rain on the way back south.
At first glance, I thought that was road salt that had splashed onto your vehicle from highway driving until I saw it was ice on the last picture. Did you drive through the perfect storm? Jebus.

Also, nice Vault Boy bobblehead

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
MVIMG_20190112_125727~2.jpg
MVIMG_20190112_204045.jpg
IMG_20190112_204050.jpg
IMG_20190112_204137.jpg

Drove up to Pennsylvania to pick up a used Gobi rack and got it installed before the storm hit, but still not snow and some freezing rain on the way back south.
Yuck! I’m not talking about the Jeep or it’s accessories either. I don’t know how people can live where it gets that cold

Brett

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
snip:
@MORTON

The Tuffskinz Cupholder Inserts for the 2018/2019 JL ....(Made in the USA) are manufactured just South of you, in Daytona Beach, Florida.

Tuffskinz has a manufacturing building about 10 minutes from Daytona Beach Speedway....they do not have a store front building.

Tuffskinz, will have a booth at Jeep Beach 2019. They will have the Cup Holder Inserts there for viewing and for sale...

Anyway, talk about a decent cup holder insert. They are thick, dual foam. Real quality. Non absorbent, helps sound proof ... ALSO, they do not warp or melt in the Florida heat/sun. Just slip the insert in the cup holders... no need to tape them down, thus they are easily removed for cleaning. Real nice... I truly enjoy mine!

You can buy them here:
https://www.tufskinz.com/collection...-wrangler-jl-interior-cup-holder-inserts-foam

jeepixel

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WBGO View, 2019 2d Wrangler Rubicon
snip:

@MORTON

The Tuffskinz Cupholder Inserts for the 2018/2019 (Made in the USA) are manufactured just South of you, in Daytona Beach, Florida.

Tuffskinz has a manufacturing building about 10 minutes from Daytona Beach Speedway....they do not have a store front building.

Tuffskinz, will have a booth at Jeep Beach 2019. They will have the Cup Holder Inserts there for viewing and for sale...

Anyway, talk about a decent cup holder insert. They are thick, dual foam. Real quality. Non absorbent, helps sound proof ... ALSO, they do not warp or melt in the Florida heat/sun. Just slip the insert in the cup holders... no need to tape them down, thus they are easily removed for cleaning. Real nice... I truly enjoy mine!

You can buy them here:
https://www.tufskinz.com/collection...-wrangler-jl-interior-cup-holder-inserts-foam

Sunday mornings before the coffee hits the brainpan is when I ask dumb questions, so here goes, be kind given my blurry state . . . what's the point of the foam inserts?

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Sunday mornings before the coffee hits the brainpan is when I ask dumb questions, so here goes, be kind given my blurry state . . . what's the point of the foam inserts?
@jeepixel

Well, I had Tuffskinz, cup holder inserts in my JK's and now my JL. They look good but also...

By no means are they a must have.... 8-)
but:
  • They look decent at bottom of the plain Jane, cup holder (I have plain black, colors are avail.)
  • They play well, with the cup holder's LED lighting
  • The inserts are raised, they keep sweating iced coffee, etc. container up a bit , so the sweat drains below
  • They are non-absorbent versus sticking a napkin in the cup holder to catch yuk.. spills/drips
  • The actually sound proof (don't ask me to explain)