Turfman

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Vehicle Showcase
No. Not kidding. Other's felt it good enough to start a thread with the idea https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/cheap-jeep-hacks-show-em-off-here.18785/ that I've attempted to add a hack a day to since its inception. It's not professional product: mostly featured here: hence the offshoot thread from this one. So don't compare it as such.

This hack is modeled against the GPCA Grab handles: considered one of the best in the business not simply for style, but because, like my design, they fold out of the way so there's no dangle against windows, no hitting your head. Do GPCA's look better: as sure as they're more expensive.

If this hack isn't for you, then it isn't for you. I respect that. I'll even remove mine, which were only a proof of concept (you can see the MOPAR handles in the picture) but you'll need to buy me 4 of these first:

https://www.gpca.us/gp-grip-jeep-wrangler-grab-handles/

You install product fella https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/back-from-bangkok-overland-build.19721/ and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that, but I make it.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/diy-no-hole-roof-rails.10580/#post-253825

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/diy-power-soft-top.13374/#post-326874

2K+ posts, mostly helpful ones later, I'd think three times before judging a hack negatively. When you reach 20 posts, feel free to act in kind.

Some of us chose or can't throw the $ at mods you can/want to/have.
You know you could be absolutely wrong in the way you took his reply! It possible that he was so amazed at your hack that he wrote what he did!

Any way you put it I think you really came down pretty hard on a one sentence reply! You wrote a very long winded reply with a lot of useful info though, thanks for that!

I actually thought your hack was pretty ingenious and money saving!

Just need to learn to lighten up and take it easy and not get offended at what others might post!

mnrafter

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mcneils.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Rubicon, 2013 Jeep JKU Rubicon, 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit
Occupation
Special Procedures Radiologic Technologist
Vehicle Showcase
It has been awhile since our last post. There are so many things in the coming weeks and months. But, Football season has put a bit of a damper on mods.

With that being said, today we added heated wiper blades. These are manufactured by a company called Everblades. With winter upon us, we needed to do something to help with the ice and snow that we get here in Minnesota.

The install was very easy and took about an hour. We removed the wiper arms from the Jeep. We then used a pry tool and removed the black plastic wiper tray. That came off very easy.

We ran the wires through opening into the engine compartment and determined the correct length that we would need to facilitate the new blades. We used zip-ties to secure the wires.

Next we used a 1/2" drill bit and made holes in the wiper tray. After inserting 3/8" black rubber grommets, we fed the wires through the grommets and replaced the wiper tray.

Next we grounded both of the ground wires and connected the "positive" lead to the orange "AUX" wire. This wire is controlled by AUX switch #3.

We programmed the switch to "Ignition" and turned them on for the first time! Everything worked wonderfully! Once we get some new snow and ice, we will post more photos!

Everblades has been a great company to work with. They shipped the blades fast. We did have to call, as they come pre-wired to a switch, which we chose not to use. Josh at Everblades was amazing and a world of help when I called and talked with him.
IMG_2335.jpg
IMG_2336.jpg
IMG_2338.jpg
IMG_2339.jpg
IMG_2340.jpg
IMG_2341.jpg
IMG_2342.jpg
IMG_2347.jpg

Here is a link to their website:
http://www.everblades.com/

TopPinArcher

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1987 Toyota, 2017 Crosstrek, 2008 Gulf Stream Vista Cruiser
Occupation
Environmental Technician
Pic of SS please. I have the metal cloke SS relocation kit, so I would be curious to see how this SS lines up. Tks.
I’ll get out and take a pic after the rains stops, we’re getting 3-6” tonight and if I’m not wheeling I’m not going out in it...lol...frikn monsoon!!

JC7

First Name
Jdog
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Rubicon
Installed the Diabolical Slipstream Cargo area security system. This is like having a secure trunk in your wrangler. This is a well thought out product with a couple exceptions, they shipped with instructions for the JK and not the JL (which is significantly different), this added considerable frustration and installation time), Secondly the Powdercoat was very substandard as several pieces had a noticeable splattered finish.

Over all I am pleased, as far are security it is this is the BEST option and is well engineered however quality control could use a little tweaking.

Slip%201_zpsst1odueo.jpg

The Rails on top allow you to use the deck as a 2nd level and you can strap down anything on top

Slip%202_zpslnjdgt0o.jpg

Slip%203_zps03d7lk5c.jpg

Slip%205_zpsw4q3jpaw.jpg

The Top Deck folds back for more access (you can also remove the top deck by removing 4 pins located in each corner (takes about 1 minute to remove)

slip%206_zpsrezzlref.jpg

You can also just open it up completely

slip%207_zpsqcxrn4df.jpg

For quick access for small items there is a lockable door located right behind the drivers side rear seat

slip%2010_zpsdzo9xbn1.jpg

One of the big complaints with the soft tops is safely storing the windows , this is a bag I got on Amazon that holds all the windows (rear window id folded with a filler to prevent creasing. Here is a tread that shows storing the windows https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...3-the-cost-of-mopar-and-more-fuctional.17482/

As you can see it is a perfect fit with room left over and now I do not have to worry about my windows walking off when I am parked somewhere...

slip%2012_zpsrqqn6k09.jpg

I have both the soft and the hard tops, the Diabolical Slipstream security system works well with both tops, being in Seattle it is hard top for a few more months so here it is with the Hard Top on

slip%20hard%202_zpstd1kdt4x.jpg

slip%20hard%201_zps6dy8hprz.jpg

slip%20hard%201_zps6dy8hprz.jpg
Waiting on mine now. Looks good. I’d like to see the powder coat splatter if possible. Seems like a great product, just hoping it’s QC’d to a high standard too.

Last edited:

JC7

First Name
Jdog
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Rubicon
So, when running the hard top, how easy or hard is it to just remove the center pieces to have an open bay?
I think the point is to have a secure place to secure your stuff when running top off.

JC7

First Name
Jdog
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Rubicon
Options are limited, the Tuffy which is just a Box is $450 (ish) this is more versitile and look so much better, also the alternative Tuffy is a pain to dismantle if you need the whole cargo and rear seat area. For us is is peace of mind whether traveling with soft top or naked or out shopping or parked at a trail head it is nice to know that your stuff is secure when away from the Jeep. I am sure a set of replacement windows is close to the cost. Leave your bagged windows in the back with no top on or down what are the odds of those walking off these days. If it was not such a pain to put the windows on and off every time you parked anywhere then that would diminish the value.

That was my thinking, unfortunately these days if it is not locked up kinda hard to be mad if it is stolen, it's hard to feel sorry for the guy that leaves his keys in the car running while he goes in the store then returns to find the car gone. it is just that kinda world anymore.
Agree.

JC7

First Name
Jdog
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Rubicon
Thanks, I think :beer:

We recieved our tires today.... Still waiting on our wheels :headbang:
Yoko G003.jpg
I dig those tires. I saw you said you liked them, in another post too. I think I’m going to do the same ones though it’s tough with Coopers as the safe choice.

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks, I think :beer:

We recieved our tires today.... Still waiting on our wheels :headbang:
Yoko G003.jpg
Tires looked mighty meaty sitting in front of your stock wheels. I had to look twice before I noticed!