Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler JLU SPORT
Occupation
Diesel Mechanic
Vehicle Showcase
So I ended up just installing the 3/4” inch spacer from RC in the front gave it a SOLID level sit. Happy with it more frontal clearance by a lot even though they are 3/4” spacers went through my entire front end and torqued everything. Then tomma take it for an alignment again. Just to make sure it that much tighter and a clean ride for straightaway and steering.

image.jpg
@Rough Country Suspensions

JC7

First Name
Jdog
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Rubicon
New Bumper and Winch! My wife wonders why I am constantly modifying my vehicles! It is about spending time with my little man, giving him the opportunity to learn and making memories for both of us!

3ABD007E-E6F7-464B-9418-A222879C1BDB.jpeg

45B6F08E-EA86-4AC5-840E-763A4B6B559A.jpeg

1513E1F7-D3BB-45B7-9AB4-4DB7A61CF63B.jpeg

1B805379-0990-4FA3-AB52-28816FF6B6E8.jpeg
Sweet bumper. Seems to be out of stock everywhere. How was the install?

XTrooper

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Retired in the mountains of Northeastern PA
Website
xtrooper.net
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara JL
Occupation
Retired New Jersey State Trooper
Vehicle Showcase
I'm wanting to put on a steel bumper also. Wondering how hard it is to do by yourself...
I'm sure the difficulty level differs somewhat from one bumper brand and model to another, but installing the LoD Destroyer bumper on my Jeep was fairly easy and straightforward.

CalsJLUR

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Sweet bumper. Seems to be out of stock everywhere. How was the install?
It was an extremely straight forward install, all in all it was about 2 hours. Spent more time running the wiring for the winch and lights then mounting the bumper. I would suggest having another set of hands to help mount the bumper, with the additional skid, the set up is a little heavy.

If you plan on mounting lights do it at time of install it is much easier and more room to work.

I purchased the bumper from my local 4 Wheel Parts, they had it at their facility with in a week. The Poison Spyder fit and finish is amazing. Extremely pleased!

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
I had to take off the steel bumper on my Rubicon to install the winch. It's not difficult to do by yourself.
@2500 hd … this ain't difficult at all... I'm sure most here would say the same and agree with @XTrooper & @vonbek … . I also swapped out my front for an LoD destroyer & the only difficult part about it was removing it from the packaging. They wrapped that thing like a mummy. I did the same for the rear bumper and the instructions specify having someone help, but it's not needed. So easy a caveman can do it. It's a satisfying sense of accomplishment.... and this is coming from a guy who's never done this before.

Vawildjeep

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon 2 1/2” stage 2 Icon lift 37” Nitto Ridge Grapplers on 20” Fuel Beasts.
Occupation
Business owner
Vehicle Showcase
The issue may be the wiring to hook up the wench though. That’s always the part that worries me the most. Wanting to put a guard and light bar onto that on my steel bumper but the wiring scares me a little. May not be hard for you normal wrench guys but it would be a new experience for me. I’m always impressed with everyone that installs things like lights, bumpers, etc. themselves on this forum. Lots of talented “do it yourself” ladies and gents in here.

XTrooper

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Retired in the mountains of Northeastern PA
Website
xtrooper.net
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara JL
Occupation
Retired New Jersey State Trooper
Vehicle Showcase
@2500 hd … this ain't difficult at all... I'm sure most here would say the same and agree with @XTrooper & @vonbek … . I also swapped out my front for an LoD destroyer & the only difficult part about it was removing it from the packaging. They wrapped that thing like a mummy. I did the same for the rear bumper and the instructions specify having someone help, but it's not needed. So easy a caveman can do it. It's a satisfying sense of accomplishment.... and this is coming from a guy who's never done this before.
Hahahaha You can say that again, amigo! Getting those LoD bumpers out of their boxes made me think of trying to extract people after they'd been cocooned by those creatures in the Alien movies! :cwl:
540912744038561.jpg

snowren24

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2007 Acura TL-S, 2013 Triumph Street Triple
Vehicle Showcase
Installed the hard top hoist in the garage and put the hardtop back on the Jeep this weekend :( always a sad time.

Really need to clean my garage and sell my take offs

upload_2018-11-26_8-37-40.png

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Installed the hard top hoist in the garage and put the hardtop back on the Jeep this weekend :( always a sad time.

Really need to clean my garage and sell my take offs

upload_2018-11-26_8-37-40.png
Lol, your garage is immaculate compared to mine!

Good looking Jeep!