First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Battalion Chief
Try contacting Alan on the Diabolical Facebook page. He's always been very responsive. https://www.facebook.com/DiabolicalIncorporated/
@campbellchris4 I preordered mine in July. It finally arrived in mid-October. I have the factory subwoofer, and there was a bracket that had to be re-made, so I had to wait another week on the updated part. I think he said they were just getting the pre-orders all shipped out right before SEMA, so that might be part of the delay. As David posted above, Alan is very responsive to Facebook messenger. Just keep in mind, I think he’s more or less a 1 man operation, so I’m sure he’s balancing out a lot of things. Trust me, though, it’s worth the wait!

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
Why couldn't you fit the camera cover?
I'm using a pair of wheel studs & 5/8" washers to get the lugs on, and they've moved the wheel up just slightly enough so that the little lock on the cover won't engage. @Rhinebeck01 didn't have this problem, so I'm gonna remove & start over to see where I may have gone wrong.

ashg2000

First Name
Ash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JLU
IMO these are so much better than the factory headliner, looks nice too. Besides a lot of factory orders are actually held hostage because of the shortages of headliner parts.

Did you take the whole top off to install them? Did you get the sound assassin?
No, I did not take the whole top off for installation. Yes, got the sound assassin strips and rear window panels. All in all it was very simple. Good family project.

plex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Weekend keyboard mechanic and beer drinker
Vehicle Showcase
I am working on installing the Mopar cargo liner with gap hider for my premium cloth seats. These Mopar son of *** make it so hard to cut the holes, and my wife literally laughed at me, "what? it's just a cargo mat, just put it on, how hard can it be?".

20181119_081923.jpg

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
Couple questions...can the tire carrier easily swing out independently of the tailgate? Also, where/how did you order it? I can't find a order procedure on Roam's web site.
You would need tools to seperate the carrier from the tailgate if you wanted to open it independently . There are two bolts/nuts holding the linkages to the tailgate.
I have a pre-production model, so I'm not certain if they are ready to ship out just yet. It would be best to contact @ROAM directly for details.

Are they going to release any accessory mounts for it? Basket, jack, fuel etc.
I'm not sure, but due to the slimness of this bumper design I think it would be difficult to add accessory mounts. ROAM may have something in the works, I'm just going off what I see.

Did you install the Fox steering stabilizer due to issues with your OEM unit. I've got ghost death wobble lite. My steering wheel shakes at 55mph on cold morning occasionally. I've read that other folks have the same issue. It's been suggested to me to try a Aftermarket unit, specifically the one you installed. Is the one you installed for a JK but it fits a JL?
I installed the Fox ATS(JL Specific) because I like the firmer steering feel on the highway, and the ability to make it soft offroad. I didn't have any steering related issues prior. I wouldn't purchase a steering stabilizer to mask issues, but rather get to the root of the problem. Have you had your tires checked/balanced(Or maybe rotate the back to the front?) In my experience if a shake is always at a certain speed it can often be wheel/tire balance related.

Big Al D

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase

Titan2727

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Armando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL
I am working on installing the Mopar cargo liner with gap hider for my premium cloth seats. These Mopar son of *** make it so hard to cut the holes, and my wife literally laughed at me, "what? it's just a cargo mat, just put it on, how hard can it be?".

20181119_081923.jpg
Use a new razor blade, makes cutting the holes so much easier bud

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
Finally added the Baja Design Fog lights.

920E483B-F1C9-4119-9B58-9C454F1152E3.jpeg
How snugly do these fit snugly inside the stock bumper's housing? I see a wee bit of wiring behind the light. I only ask because I'm interested in replacing the stock fog lights.

obwahn

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR (Wrikki), 2018 Grand Sport (V)
Occupation
Retired puter dork
Vehicle Showcase

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
I hope yours works better than mine. I haven't gotten a single shot off yet and I've tried many times!!!! :)
@obwahn

Yeah, part of growing old. Oh my........

GRAK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubi, Corvette
Clubs

You would need tools to seperate the carrier from the tailgate if you wanted to open it independently . There are two bolts/nuts holding the linkages to the tailgate.
I have a pre-production model, so I'm not certain if they are ready to ship out just yet. It would be best to contact @ROAM directly for details.

I'm not sure, but due to the slimness of this bumper design I think it would be difficult to add accessory mounts. ROAM may have something in the works, I'm just going off what I see.
Heard back from ROAM... no plans for accessory mounts. FYI

plex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Weekend keyboard mechanic and beer drinker
Vehicle Showcase
All right, after a dreadful hour with hand cutting my nearly $50k MSRP thing, it is finally done! Two tips for premium cloth users, since the only installation video I can find on YouTube is based on leather, and the manual is designed by the school of deaf and blind.

(1) The nuts locked onto the gap hider rail are 18 mm, and I am sure they are overtightened from the factory, so you really need an 18 mm socket and break bar. Most metric sets jump from 17 to 19 mm, so no you won't be able to take it off without a quality socket.

(2) When cut holes in the back seat, you can easily find the pre-hole locations by “fingering” them, except a few spots that has solid cushions under them. Contrary to common belief, you do not need to cut a perfect round hole, just large enough to slip the grommet in and expose the mount.

All right, Mopar, you won the most anti-humanity award for this one!

20181119_091636.jpg

20181119_091701.jpg

20181119_122028.jpg

20181119_124913.jpg

20181119_130756.jpg

20181119_131318.jpg

20181119_131507.jpg

20181119_131542.jpg

20181119_131625.jpg