Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
Use a heat gun on any body bolts to soften the factory threadlock.. Those look nice - you coming Saturday to HF?? I hope to see them. My stupid Rampage retractables got delayed yet again now TILL FEBRUARY!!! :mad::headbang: so now I'm reconsidering cancelling and getting something else. I like the new Westin Snypers but those are not out yet. Also been looking at DV8 but they are not frame mounted. Not sure how much longer I can go w/out sliders! :angry:
Check out the roam ones. They are based out of Texas

Brett

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah I do like those I will take a closer look.
Their website sucks. We’re going with the Westcoast frame mounted sliders. You have to click on the completed builds tab or something and they are on the bottom. Also getting their bumper/tire carrier they are releasing in dec

Brett

IPvFletch

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSS
Their website sucks. We’re going with the Westcoast frame mounted sliders. You have to click on the completed builds tab or something and they are on the bottom. Also getting their bumper/tire carrier they are releasing in dec

Brett
Yeah their website is so bad I basically don't want to buy from them. :D
And I am a webmaster for like the past 23 years... :facepalm:
I noticed they had 3 different ones, each $100 more than the other, and they all look like identical from the pics.
Do you know the differences? Are the west coast ones more narrow or something?
I was really holding out for a triple-tube setup like the Westin Snypers or Rampage ones had.
Poison Spyder has a nice setup but they are 2x the $$$ and not worth it imo.

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah their website is so bad I basically don't want to buy from them. :D
And I am a webmaster for like the past 23 years... :facepalm:
I noticed they had 3 different ones, each $100 more than the other, and they all look like identical from the pics.
Do you know the differences? Are the west coast ones more narrow or something?
I was really holding out for a triple-tube setup like the Westin Snypers or Rampage ones had.
Poison Spyder has a nice setup but they are 2x the $$$ and not worth it imo.
The west coast ones are frame mounted and the main difference I see is they look smooth on the bottom and no lights. I personally didn’t want the lights or the headaches that accompany them on any brand or style. The cheaper ones would be considered steps with light duty protection, the medium priced ones are sliders with the bonus of steps and then the westcoast are the biggest and baddest. Atleast that’s what I’ve come up with. One bonus would be that I think you can pick them up and save on shipping. We’re planning on coming to HF after thanksgiving and could bring them to you or if you pick them up you’re welcome to come out to my shop and use the lift to install them.

Brett

mbrindley

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
The west coast ones are frame mounted and the main difference I see is they look smooth on the bottom and no lights. I personally didn’t want the lights or the headaches that accompany them on any brand or style. The cheaper ones would be considered steps with light duty protection, the medium priced ones are sliders with the bonus of steps and then the westcoast are the biggest and baddest. Atleast that’s what I’ve come up with. One bonus would be that I think you can pick them up and save on shipping. We’re planning on coming to HF after thanksgiving and could bring them to you or if you pick them up you’re welcome to come out to my shop and use the lift to install them.

Brett
Based on my conversations with Anthony @roamoffroad, here's a small clarification.

- Side steps - body mounted and provide light duty protection - available now
- Slider steps - same design as side steps, but frame mounted, and provide full slider protection - available soon
- West coast slider steps - new design slider/steps, frame mounted, provide full slider protection - available soon

Hope that helps. I'm watching closely for availability of both frame mount options myself.

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Based on my conversations with Anthony @roamoffroad, here's a small clarification.

- Slider steps - same design as side steps, but frame mounted, and provide full slider protection - available soon
- West coast slider steps - new design slider/steps, frame mounted, provide full slider protection - available soon

Hope that helps. I'm watching closely for availability of both frame mount options myself.
Perfect explanation. I haven’t studied up on them with him. Was originally wanting the sliders until he told me about the west coast ones.

Brett

jeremyjeep

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR

Are there any photos, drawings, etc. that will show what the west coast slider steps will look like?

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@everyone

Well, I received the ProClip Mount JL today.... Will start by saying that the mount is real nice. Looks good and well made.

Anyway, went to install the mount and geeeeez was it a bugger to get the one end into the opening near the windshield where the plastic curve, needed to go over the lip. At first I thought, no way will I get this thing in that narrow opening. I persisted and it did finally go into the opening and went over the lip.. Can tell you that getting it off will be doable but it is not just going to lift right up and off without some fooling with it.

Long story short, my Scosche Magnetic Dash Mount worked well and mated right up to the end of the ProClip mount. The adhesive on the Scosche gripped firmly. The Scosche mount stuck on the end of the ProClip mount does not look bad at all.. seriously, not bad to look at ...

The magnet on the Scosche held the smart phone well, even on pretty bumpy roads.

Can tell you, no way is that ProClip Mount JL, going anywhere, even if you drive off road with it. It's on there!

Granted the magnetic mount may not do the deed on rough trails, so if you are going to be on real rough trails you may just want to go with the clamp type mount that ProClip sells to go with the ProClip JL Mount.

Can tell you the magnetic mount on the ProClip Mount is slick as chittt and I am very pleased with it. A keeper for sure. So, the ProCLip for JL cost me $26 and the Scosche mag mount cost me $13. So, for a total of $39, I have a hell of a decent smart phone mount. 8-)

Nice thing is with this set-up... the ProClip JL Mount, you can position the mount pretty much anywhere you want, along the dash and easily.. There are no screws to screw, no cutting of mats... the ProClip is non-invasive..

20181108_122455.jpg

20181108_170042.jpg

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)