What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

Fred

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 2 door Rubicon X in Anvil
Is this just the tailgate reinforcement or did you also have to add a relocation bracket? Heart of the question is, what do I need to order here? Likely going with a 33.5 tire on 17's.
All you need is the tailgate reinforcement kit. https://www.amazon.com/Mopar-822153...pID=41J0TVLZieL&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch The relocation kit is needed only for 37 or bigger tires to lift them up and out from the stock bumper. If you are going to a wider wheel which you should, you will need to lengthen the rubber bump stops easily done by adding a short piece of 1 1/4 PVC pipe with a rubber chair foot on the end. https://www.amazon.com/SoftTouch-4440895N-Non-Marking-Scratches-Anti-Skid/dp/B000PB0ZPO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1539687162&sr=8-1&keywords=rubber+chair+leg+caps+1+1/4+inch

Fred

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 2 door Rubicon X in Anvil
I would say it's not worth the month for 33s... it's like $700 for the 2 pieces though. You can find them on Quadratec. The 3rd piece is the brake light relocation setup with the little mopar grill. It looks nice and gets your 3rd brake light out of the rear windshield area.
It is only $484 on Amazon, and is only recommended for weights over 85LBS. My stock Rubi wheels and tires were72lbs and the new ones 92lbs. As for the CHMSL I did not need to raise it at all. I know there are reports you don't need the reinforcement kit for 35,s but that's your choice. I fell better having it.

TimmH

First Name
Timm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Sahara 3.6 Auto
Vehicle Showcase
I wish they would have made it like 2" closer to the driver..love the thing but I think it sits to far away from the driver.

Really helps when you need to adjust yourself in the seat while driving, huge difference it makes.
I agree, a couple more inches forward would be more comfortable, but it is still a huge improvement over none at all.

DNoelleNJ

First Name
Dawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Camaro SS 2018 Wrangler JL Mojito!
Meguiar's Mirror Bright Vinyl & Rubber Treatment

I used it on all plastic fenders, on my hardtop...had to use a step ladder to get the entire hardtop; also on my metal rims. This stuff is amazing on any steel bumpers that you might have as well. That "ashy-dusty" look is non-existent after you apply it. It's also veryyy concentrated and not much buffing is necessary. Essentially you spray it on, rub it in (don't need much elbow grease) and you do not have to wipe off the access; you can if you'd like though.

You can also use it inside the vehicle...on your dash...any plastics, any vinyls. For my rear plastic bumper, I sprayed it on and let it sit for like 20 seconds before I rubbed it in. The reason being, that bumper is textured, it is not a smooth surface like my front steel bumper. So, I let the product work its way in between the crevices/texture, then i rubbed it in with a terry cloth towel. If you accidentally get it on your windows (also on your paint), just make sure you use another clean terry cloth to wipe it off, no harm done. This process was the easiest out of all the detailing.

FYI can be found at Autozone, O'Reilly Auto parts, and I'm sure other local auto parts places. I'm running a bit low on it and will be purchasing more.
Thanks!!

Dogboyslim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon Punkn.
I put on the soft top. The weather is just starting to get nice here in WI, and I expect it will be more convenient to put it in the sunrider position. ;)

I really just wanted to get rid of the huge box and make sure I knew what I was doing and make sure everything was there before too much time passed from delivery. Hard top will go back on later this week. It was pretty easy to do the swap, but since the garage is only 45 degrees, it was a little hard to stretch everything enough to install. I just took everything into the house and let it warm up, then brought it back out as needed.

I do have a question...Where do you put the back window when you are out and about and want to drop the top? It's too big to lay flat in the cargo area unless the seats are down.

Bill 13

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk'n JLUR
Should have been simple, however, there are 2 hidden T20 screws underneath attaching the cup holder to the console. You have to remove the 10mm bolts located under the plastic covers toward the back to lift the console up to gain access to the T20 bolts underneath.

Here are the pics that came with the holder - they left out the knuckle-cutting screws underneath

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg
Holy crap! Thanks for saving me some rage on this one!

TJEli

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep, truck, car
Are you running 35s?
37s

I have to commend you on having all of your tires mounted to the rims in perfect alignment. So few people would bother to do that! Nice job!
The spare is the only one I cared about but they all balanced ok so I was able to leave them lined up. The tire should really be put on the rim where it will require the least amount of weight to balance.

What spare tire relocation kit do you have?

37's?
Rough Country relocation bracket and 37s.

-Eli

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
Nice job Jeff! An anecdote as to why I think so.

Last night, late, when tired, I'm looking at your photos, forgetting for second "what" it is I'm truly looking at.

The inner monologue queries, "why doesn't that back 'leather' seat have the fold down arm rest associated with the leather trim?" ;)