NavyVet1959

Banned
Banned
First Name
OldFart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ (sold), WJ (sold), Ram 1500 QC 4x4 (sold 2018.06.07), Wrangler JL Sport 2-door (ordered 2018.06.08)
Occupation
Retired engineer (NASA, aerospace, DoD); ex-Navy
Vehicle Showcase
Put new shoes on over the weekend!
For some reason, the tires in the back of your JLU look like they take up more room than the tires in the back of my JL. :)

Saphros

First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite JLUSport S
Occupation
Parts Person
For some reason, the tires in the back of your JLU look like they take up more room than the tires in the back of my JL. :)
I think it's the way we loaded them in haha laid them down and stacked except for the one

NavyVet1959

Banned
Banned
First Name
OldFart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ (sold), WJ (sold), Ram 1500 QC 4x4 (sold 2018.06.07), Wrangler JL Sport 2-door (ordered 2018.06.08)
Occupation
Retired engineer (NASA, aerospace, DoD); ex-Navy
Vehicle Showcase
I think it's the way we loaded them in haha laid them down and stacked except for the one
I just noticed that you had 5 of them in there instead of the 4 that I had... I think I might could have put another one though between the back of the 4 and the tailgate.

If the tires had been much wider though, I doubt I could have put 4 side-by-side in there. :)

Bearman95

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
I just purchased it off amazon and supposedly it comes with a remote?
Good luck wth the remote. The remote connect wire was shorted out on my remote. The light works good though, I just plug it in to the rear 12 volt plug when I need the light. I am going to wait a while to make sure the light continues to work before I cut a hole and install a switch.

Euro JEEP

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ
There is $8k worth of damage to it. Rear door has to be replaced, rear quarter panel, they think there is either an axle issue or rear suspension issue as at times it won't go into gear and sometimes it will. My side step has to be replaced also.
Sorry for you.. I did not notice the damage until you said where to look for. Comparing the other guys damage it seems your Jeep held up pretty well!
Hopefully your frame is unharmed?

JeepFreak9911

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
- 2.5" RC spacer lift
- 37" Cooper STT PROs
- Black Rhino Armory Gunmetal Wheels
- RC tire relocation bracket
- MOPAR tailgate reinforcement

The Rock Slide Engineering power steps are on order (3 - 4 week delay). I bought a Tazer JL which I'm waiting on as well. MOPAR door sil guards are on the way (should have ordered those sooner, see my post in the M.O.R.E. Dead Pedal thread) and third brake light relocation bracket is ordered as well.

(My wife for scale) i'm glad we got the power steps, we're both short. When I got out of it I had to just point my feet towards the ground and jump like out of an airplane.

Had it on the highway and around town, it feels totally stock to me. There may be some people that disagree with me but I truly don't feel any difference. Acceleration feels good, plenty of stopping power, it doesn't roam on the road. I'm very pleased.

IMG_3692.JPG

IMG_3693.JPG

IMG_3694.JPG

IMG_3695.JPG
Great looking mods. Who did the lift and wheel installation? I'm 3 days into the Sahara and am already wanting it.

StevieBuns

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk'n Rubicon Unlimited
Great looking mods. Who did the lift and wheel installation? I'm 3 days into the Sahara and am already wanting it.
Thanks! Evan’s 4X4 did th lift, wheels and tires. I highly recommend his work. Good luck, post some pics when you get her in the air!

Steve

SunriseJeep

First Name
Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited (ordered)
What kind of rear view light is that?
Can you tell me where you got the tail gate table and the bags? That’s exactly what I am looking for. I love the giant knife strapped to the row bars.

The Jeep doesn’t have a lot of storage and I have been looking for multi compartment storage bags I can keep things organized in. Ones that mount in the Jeep and are out of the way.

Cwelroy

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Sahara
Can you tell me where you got the tail gate table and the bags? That’s exactly what I am looking for. I love the giant knife strapped to the row bars.

The Jeep doesn’t have a lot of storage and I have been looking for multi compartment storage bags I can keep things organized in. Ones that mount in the Jeep and are out of the way.
Look at all of the offerings here: http://www.molle-platform-solutions.com/product-page/jlu-jl-fold-down-molle-tailgate-panel

(Not just the table, but also the overhead storage, side panels, etc).

Last edited:

Neanderthalman

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Are those painted on nails?
Yeah. Just a basic caliper paint kit. Apparently it’s some high temperature ceramic infused blah blah blah magic handwavy paint. Was nice paint though. Good and thick, covered well. Main complaint is it needs warm temperatures to cure and it’s getting cold here. Just barely made it. Last warm day of the year it seems.

The kit was a spray can of brake cleaner, paint, masking tape, disposable brush and a stir stick. Probably could’ve made do with just the paint if it was sold separately - but it was still cheap enough.

And of course I have about 7/8 of the can left. Think I’ll do my wife’s minivan when the weather warms up again in the spring.

Brew211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLURM, Tundra, 2022 JLU 392 XR
Vehicle Showcase
I received notice that my Jeep finally shipped after ordering on 6/8. To celebrate, I ordered full weathertech mats and trunk liner,
8.4 screen protector, and the soft top storage bag. Also ordered about $200 in car detail products.
Very nice! Congrats!

Poseidon

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport JL
Ok so today I finally received my kc pro 6 HiLiTES gravity system duel lights to go over bar on front bumper. These lights are not high beams.I need these due to the fact you can see in the picture down low the bottom red shackle. I installed a hitch there. I always set my cargo carrier in front with a 150 quart cooler on it. It always goes over about a little more than half way my stock lights on the Jeep, so I really don’t have good lighting due to cooler blocking the stock lights. Not anymore baby! The light travels over the top of cooler!

933BE5CE-61E0-4179-AB6D-FE6E12B931E9.jpeg

5D8C2393-3461-4ECB-A225-FDC1E4F1F1AB.jpeg