Djmatt85

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JL Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Got my duplicate door key made. Only bad thing is it sets off the alarm when unlocked if the doors are locked with the buttons or key fob. You will have to manually lock all the doors and the tailgate with the key to avoid this.

IMG_20180924_170857695.jpg
Where did you get you key made and how much did it cost? I’ve been debating getting a spare, but know the dealership is gonna charge something ridiculous.

Mantacon

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Grey JLUR
Where did you get you key made and how much did it cost? I’ve been debating getting a spare, but know the dealership is gonna charge something ridiculous.
It was a key shop here in Fullerton California. Got charged $40 which I rhith was way too much but I needed it for Scuba.

Djmatt85

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JL Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
It was a key shop here in Fullerton California. Got charged $40 which I rhith was way too much but I needed it for Scuba.
Yep, I’m in the same boat. I don’t think the FOB is good to 60’ and I’m not a fan of trusting a waterproof box. Lol

NavyVet1959

Banned
Banned
First Name
OldFart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ (sold), WJ (sold), Ram 1500 QC 4x4 (sold 2018.06.07), Wrangler JL Sport 2-door (ordered 2018.06.08)
Occupation
Retired engineer (NASA, aerospace, DoD); ex-Navy
Vehicle Showcase
Last edited:

paulr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR
How do you have the red lights in your bumper hooked to your back up lights and where can I get a set those?? Sorry if this is already answered somewhere - but they look awesome!
If I'm not mistaken, I believe those are reflectors that come standard with the bumper. Not sure what configuration per se.
Correct. The red reflectors are just reflectors in the bumper. They do not light up. The reverse lights I am referring to are the 2 black square lights level with my trailer hitch below the bumper not in the bumper

B27509E0-116E-4E14-AC95-5A3DAC13F43D.jpeg

TaiMc

First Name
Tai
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport Mojito!, 3.6L & '18 Ninja 400 KRT
Occupation
Communications Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Got my duplicate door key made. Only bad thing is it sets off the alarm when unlocked if the doors are locked with the buttons or key fob. You will have to manually lock all the doors and the tailgate with the key to avoid this.

IMG_20180924_170857695.jpg
That's legit...I don't have power locks so this works. Lil' Hulk rollin wit THE CLUB. I told yall...I'm taking it back old schooL:time:

JLURnoob

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
SHAP Electrician
Vehicle Showcase
SO I have this same set up and got the Dominion Hi-Lift mount as well. The Maximus-3 only uses one of those bolts (i think it's the top one) where as the Dominion Hi-lift one uses 2. Did you put something there on the 2nd (lower) mounting point to make up for the difference in space between where the top bolt is and the max-3 mount and the 2nd (lower) bolt where there is no bracket?
Yes, I used 3 stainless flat washers to take up the space.

IMG_20180923_121219.jpg

Saejin

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR - Firecracker Red
Installed a pair of lower control arms today in addition to my Mopar lift. According to my cheap caster bubble gauge I went from +4.5 to about -4.75 with extending the control arm another 3/4" or so. Metalcloak was saying near -6 so I may kick it out further but for now I'm happy with it.

Seems to have seriously put a dent in my steering wobble issue I have been plauged with for months. I would say it's nearly 100% gone at this point and now totally acceptable.

IMG_20180924_134220.jpg
So an extra 3/4in length in LCAs only added .25 degrees of caster? It should have added more. Also any reason why you didn’t go with MCs adjustable UCAs. It’s what they use on their kits to bring caster back up to 6 degrees.

I’m contemplating options right now. Looks great by they way...may end up getting their rocksport kit with new driveshaft kit for $2000 which comes with new UCAs.

rizej

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
So an extra 3/4in length in LCAs only added .25 degrees of caster? It should have added more. Also any reason why you didn’t go with MCs adjustable UCAs. It’s what they use on their kits to bring caster back up to 6 degrees.

I’m contemplating options right now. Looks great by they way...may end up getting their rocksport kit with new driveshaft kit for $2000 which comes with new UCAs.
Not the OP but it seems it went from +4.5 to -4.75 so that would be a delta of 9.25 degrees if I'm reading that right

klhjeep2018

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
Occupation
Sales manager
Correct. The red reflectors are just reflectors in the bumper. They do not light up. The reverse lights I am referring to are the 2 black square lights level with my trailer hitch below the bumper not in the bumper

B27509E0-116E-4E14-AC95-5A3DAC13F43D.jpeg
What Model Rigid light did you use? And where did you purchase them? Thanks