First Name
Jhonn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sting Gray Rubicon
#jtopsusa

6B43EAC4-784A-446F-85D6-65B1D6930BBB.jpeg
Where did you get that strap?!? I need me some right now. Been looking for alternative ideas other than removing the freaking antenna every day I go through a parking garage, lol.

Edit: Sorry if you have already answered this, I didn't have time to go through the remaining 15 pages on this thread, lol.

Turfman

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Vehicle Showcase
So Tuesday morning I go out to start the JL and it won’t recognize either keyfob. That afternoon I try again, even holding the fob up to the button and... nothing.

Next thing I know the door chime is going off and the Jeep is acting like the battery is weak. Since I’m under warranty, I immediately un-marry the Tazer while the door chime is ringing, the wipers are moving without being on, and the display is telling me to have various systems serviced. Shortly thereafter the battery dies.

So Wednesday I call roadside assistance and they send someone to jump me. Nope, try again. My poor 5-month-old JL ends up on a flatbed on the way to the local dealership.

As of yesterday evening they were able to charge the battery and start the Jeep, but they say the charging system isn’t working. They’re checking wiring, alternator, computers, etc, but now I’m going into day four of being Jeepless. Sigh.

UPDATE:
Dealership just called and they believe it’s a problem with the alternator. They had one overnighted and will be installing/testing today.

EC5D10FD-42B1-49B7-BF10-7F2B587720C7.jpeg
Just a short story.
we were in Hawaii and rented a JK jeep, on the third morning we were headed into the mountains but when we climbed into our jeep the windshield wipers were stuck on and no dash functions. so were heading back to the rental shop and theres a cop directing traffic at a light. My wifes driving thank god as I told her were going to get pulled over and tested for drugs or alcohol because the sun is shining and our wipers are on. when we get on the side of the cop he comments to her that its not raining and she told him it never hurts to be prepared. he laughed and she told him they were stuck on and we were taking it back to the rental company.

Turfman

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Vehicle Showcase
I finally get contribute to this thread!

Added: Mopar tailgate reinforcement, Cooper Discoverer STT Pro 315/70/r17 (no lift required), Black lugnuts

20180921_124615.jpg

20180921_124552.jpg

20180921_124603.jpg
what winch bar is that on your front bumper? it looks higher than the regular ones I have seen.

MikeG

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
I finally get contribute to this thread!

Added: Mopar tailgate reinforcement, Cooper Discoverer STT Pro 315/70/r17 (no lift required), Black lugnuts

20180921_124615.jpg

20180921_124552.jpg

20180921_124603.jpg
Nice! Which grille/winch guard is that?

ExitLeft

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep Wrangler TJ
Vehicle Showcase
Where did you get that strap?!? I need me some right now. Been looking for alternative ideas other than removing the freaking antenna every day I go through a parking garage, lol.

Edit: Sorry if you have already answered this, I didn't have time to go through the remaining 15 pages on this thread, lol.
Looks to me like it's one of the garment hangers from a JK. You strap them to the roll bar and hang your clothes on it with a coat hanger. Does Jeep provide these with the JL, too?

paulr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR
Yeah, It is definitely not identical. I would have to go in and photoshop letters to get the right angles, and I would only do that if I wanted a word other than Rubicon. Since I don't want to peel off my Rubicon decals on the hood, I was lazy and stopped messing with it. I just need something close for a t-shirt idea.

Here is the logo without any covering on it. If you really want to make your own, you can use a program to trace the outline and/or just trace the red.

*edit to add I just noticed the C is wrong in this version

jeep-wrangler-hood-decal-banner-black-red-jeep-sticker-amazon.jpg
@MALL R8D @ShawnQ not sure what you guys are looking for, I didn't read the entire conversation... do you guys have the vector version of this file (image posted below)... if you think this is helpful PM me and I can email you this vector file with everything outlined

Screen Shot 2018-09-21 at 12.01.10 PM.png

jhonn236_AZ

First Name
Jhonn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sting Gray Rubicon
Looks to me like it's one of the garment hangers from a JK. You strap them to the roll bar and hang your clothes on it with a coat hanger. Does Jeep provide these with the JL, too?
no they don't provide it for the JL (at least didn't come with mine) - and yea that's what it is! I already looked it up and bought one. Thanks!

tcari394

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL (2dr)

RavenJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Mojito 2016 Granite Backcountry 2007 Camp Jeep
Added Ace Rock rails
Cargo cover for the dogs
Got rid of the stupid leather Rubicon back seat non-cupholder and added what it should have come with- functional cupholders
Badged her

20180921_154110.jpg

20180921_154053.jpg

20180921_153652.jpg

20180921_160256.jpg

MALL R8D

First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Rubicon
Green Apple JR is 2nd place for me after Watermelon.
Okay, I can accept your watermelon answer because they are also amazing.

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
Had a chance to "flex" out my 40's with the newly installed Artec fender chop kit. Surprisingly the front clears without any need for additional cutting. The rear I will have to do some cutting of the pinch seam to get the tire to fully fit in the fender well without adding additional bumpstops.
DSC_1195.JPG

DSC_1142.JPG
DSC_1209.JPG

View attachment 91340

View attachment 91343

View attachment 91344

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0

TaiMc

First Name
Tai
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport Mojito!, 3.6L & '18 Ninja 400 KRT
Occupation
Communications Manager
Vehicle Showcase
That just sucks. About a million years ago, I was driving my Beetle and it just died without warning in the middle of a busy road. I couldn't even turn on the hazard lights, which was not awesome in Pittsburgh traffic.

I hope it is an easy fix, and I am glad it didn't happen in the street.
Yup! Classic dead alternator. Jokahs will die with no warning prior...that's their thing.

First you might notice a sluggish start..as battery could be drained. And typically when an alternator dies, it jacks the battery up because it hasn't been getting properly charged bc the alternator is messing up and not charging. So typically when you replace the alternator, might need to replace the battery (at least with older vehicles). My assumption is this is still the case with newer vehicles...