Vehicle Showcase
B7017AE6-0FCD-47F9-8A02-F342C8101B59.jpeg
F135BFB6-E712-4786-8D40-96EC9B9AEE31.jpeg
2A4B121C-E4A0-4CE9-97C2-B18017A3D5F2.jpeg
C81669A1-C97D-476C-897C-50A0F629BB3A.jpeg
AF5EA253-3F0B-4D12-A18B-92EB40989F5A.jpeg
D09F513A-AFB1-4885-99ED-F89B8D3E2AF3.jpeg
43923503-EB2F-4D2F-BC7E-2B973561D7E2.jpeg
Installed a pair of molle fender well panels. It would be super easy to install in a hardtop but for the softtop I had to take the softtop bar behind the rear doors off and used the inserts to hold half panel in and used a m8-1.25 x 20 flat socket cap screw to hold the other side. Feels pretty study so far and love the new storage

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
This will be a first: I all but guarantee it.

I have a roof top cargo basket. It was used to drop off my kid's stuff at college.

Getting the heavy bag down inside it wasn't hard: my "friend" gravity helped.

But getting it back on, fully loaded come time to take them home for the summer might not be as easy.

So I put a pully on the cargo basket, located in its middle (front to back) on the driver's side.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Everbilt-1-1-2-in-Zinc-Plated-Wall-Ceiling-Mount-Pulley-43364/205883050

That pulley has a cotter pin to disassemble it. That will approve important.

On the rear hitch I stripped down a hitch mounted deer hoist to its winch and pulley. Come time to lift that bag on the roof I pull out the steel cable from the deer hoist winch, wrap its cable and permanently attached hook around the pulley on the cargo basket, having disassembled that pulley first (the hook won't fit around otherwise) and now I can pull things up to the top of the rig from the midline passengers side via a 1/2" 3' X 8' piece of plywood with plastic laminate on it for smoothness.

I'll travel with the plywood securely on the roof rack when needed.
Who doesn't love pictures?

A hitch extension, connected to a dual hitch (not material here) so I could ride with both cargo basket and stripped deer hoist. That 44", 4" short, as I understand it, in most States of being red flag worthy.

IMG_2500.JPG

Cargo basket on top of roof carrier with pulley and deer hoist's winch cable around it.

IMG_2502.JPG

What to pull on the end of a winch to test it, but.... another winch.;) Board rides on roof carrier's driver's side when not in use sliding stuff up to the top.

IMG_2504.JPG

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
Can anyone recommend a good age universal car seat. My daughters gonna be 1 soon and i wanna get something that will last until shes old enough to not use one.
My wife's a Pediatrician and knows about such things, plus, well, we've been through this.

We had to buy several seats until height and weight made it street legal for "little ones" to use the conventional safety belt alone.

First there's (as you must know) rear facing car seats for the infant. Then forward facing, that if you're lucky comes with a detachable bottom portion when children advance to a booster seat.

I think you're looking for the latter and it's been too long since I've been down this rode to know the product space anymore.

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
I thought saturday was a reasonable day to build a shelf for the back. Seems to work out ok.

IMG_20180824_161444.jpg
Sweet use of the bilateral attachment points for the soft top locking hardware Cody @Alacon01 . I like those handles that facilitate its removal/insertion. ;) Somebody had his work cut out for him to make those grab holes.

Actually, you metaphorically had your work cut out for you because you literally did NOT have your work cut out for you.;)

Mine attaches on the tub lip hard top bolts, and is one piece where your floor, if you can conceptualize this, is pushed forward to the point where the cargo tub isn't blocked (I do realize you have hinges here) and your back portion runs flush against the angle of the back seats (via your hinges) to provide the ability to rise for long items that require the back seats down, or conceal shorter items, also with the back seats down.

Nice work!

JeepJL18

First Name
Jeep
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I will not be participating in this forum as of 8/31/2018. It's been a fun ride, but it's time to move on. Take care. - Dustin
Occupation
I have to admit, I am not a fan of the hood decals, but since this was cheap, I figure I would give it a try. Especially when I saw @Bingy gorgeous Sahara, I had to try. It actually turned out pretty good.

20180827_160146.jpg

Alacon01

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Sweet use of the bilateral attachment points for the soft top locking hardware Cody @Alacon01 . I like those handles that facilitate its removal/insertion. ;) Somebody had his work cut out for him to make those grab holes.

Actually, you metaphorically had your work cut out for you because you literally did NOT have your work cut out for you.;)

Mine attaches on the tub lip hard top bolts, and is one piece where your floor, if you can conceptualize this, is pushed forward to the point where the cargo tub isn't blocked (I do realize you have hinges here) and your back portion runs flush against the angle of the back seats (via your hinges) to provide the ability to rise for long items that require the back seats down, or conceal shorter items, also with the back seats down.

Nice work!
For sure, I actually put the hinges there because the bottom is made from aluminum extrusion and set at the correct height to make a flat sleeping surface. For the top it's not perfect yet, but the handles weren't too hard, I made the first side as a template and used a router with a flush cut bit to make the second. I was kicking myself in the ass because I just sold my wood CNC this year that would have made easy work. I may take it back off, slim down the handles a bit so they hold bungees a bit better.

On this the "handles" were actually an aesthetic decision, but turned out useful. I included a pic below of what the first proto looked like, as well as the dirty bottom, and my track mounting if I feel like I don't like my rear view mirror.
IMG_20180827_170221.jpg
IMG_20180827_170243.jpg
IMG_20180827_170322.jpg

IMG_20180824_161455.jpg

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
For sure, I actually put the hinges there because the bottom is made from aluminum extrusion and set at the correct height to make a flat sleeping surface. For the top it's not perfect yet, but the handles weren't too hard, I made the first side as a template and used a router with a flush cut bit to make the second. I was kicking myself in the ass because I just sold my wood CNC this year that would have made easy work. I may take it back off, slim down the handles a bit so they hold bungees a bit better.

On this the "handles" were actually an aesthetic decision, but turned out useful. I included a pic below of what the first proto looked like, as well as the dirty bottom, and my track mounting if I feel like I don't like my rear view mirror.
IMG_20180827_170221.jpg
IMG_20180827_170243.jpg
IMG_20180827_170322.jpg

IMG_20180824_161455.jpg
It's funny you mentioned woodworking tools. When first looking at your aforementioned handles I said to myself that they look like a table saw's pushing sticks!

Alacon01

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
It's funny you mentioned woodworking tools. When first looking at your aforementioned handles I said to myself that they look like a table saw's pushing sticks!
You're not wrong.... I never really made that connection.