What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

m3reno

First Name
Sal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler JLU
Some people are using that clear adhesive that goes over the hinges on the sills. I don't remember what it's called though
invisible mask is the name . I did 1/3 of my hood for rock chip protection and all four rocker panels . I also used the door guards on the edges of the sill plates and it looks great . can't even tell that its on

BlairF

First Name
Blair
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS-S Mojito! - 2014 Challenger RT Classic (SuperCharged) - 2016 Dodge Durango RT
Occupation
Technology Incident Management
Vehicle Showcase
Alien Sunshade... and it was a wrestling match, let me tell ya.

fullsizeoutput_3611.jpeg

m3reno

First Name
Sal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler JLU
installed rubicon shock on all four on my sport s . Handling is improved but the ride is a bit rougher.

Brad41

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18’ JLUR firecracker red
- 2.5" RC spacer lift
- 37" Cooper STT PROs
- Black Rhino Armory Gunmetal Wheels
- RC tire relocation bracket
- MOPAR tailgate reinforcement

The Rock Slide Engineering power steps are on order (3 - 4 week delay). I bought a Tazer JL which I'm waiting on as well. MOPAR door sil guards are on the way (should have ordered those sooner, see my post in the M.O.R.E. Dead Pedal thread) and third brake light relocation bracket is ordered as well.

(My wife for scale) i'm glad we got the power steps, we're both short. When I got out of it I had to just point my feet towards the ground and jump like out of an airplane.

Had it on the highway and around town, it feels totally stock to me. There may be some people that disagree with me but I truly don't feel any difference. Acceleration feels good, plenty of stopping power, it doesn't roam on the road. I'm very pleased.

IMG_3692.JPG

IMG_3693.JPG

IMG_3694.JPG

IMG_3695.JPG
Sorry Stevie, one more question. Can you provide details on the wheel spacers you’re running?

Mantacon

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Grey JLUR
- 2.5" RC spacer lift
- 37" Cooper STT PROs
- Black Rhino Armory Gunmetal Wheels
- RC tire relocation bracket
- MOPAR tailgate reinforcement

The Rock Slide Engineering power steps are on order (3 - 4 week delay). I bought a Tazer JL which I'm waiting on as well. MOPAR door sil guards are on the way (should have ordered those sooner, see my post in the M.O.R.E. Dead Pedal thread) and third brake light relocation bracket is ordered as well.

(My wife for scale) i'm glad we got the power steps, we're both short. When I got out of it I had to just point my feet towards the ground and jump like out of an airplane.

Had it on the highway and around town, it feels totally stock to me. There may be some people that disagree with me but I truly don't feel any difference. Acceleration feels good, plenty of stopping power, it doesn't roam on the road. I'm very pleased.

IMG_3692.JPG

IMG_3693.JPG

IMG_3694.JPG

IMG_3695.JPG
How much did you get the power steps for? They are pricey.

c3h5

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR All Ocean Blue
Went EVIL

C5EB879F-8F17-4E15-AE65-030B7C45F517.jpeg
There is no way I could get away with that where I live or drive to work, red head lights would be deemed “impersonation of an emergency vehicle“ and they would impound it in a heartbeat.

AggieJeepGuy

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR (replaced 2007 JKUR); 2016 Durango Brass Monkey edition; 2011 Expedition; 2002 Trans Am WS6 6spd
Vehicle Showcase
< Prev
We put the sill plates on two JKs because of scratches caused by getting in and out. Thing is the scratches would occur on the metal lip, exactly where these new protectors don't cover. I'm probably going to skip these on the JL and find another solution.

Check out the @R 3 clear door sill protectors

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick and Miyako
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
The Man, The Myth, The Legend. In my own mind.
Vehicle Showcase
There is no way I could get away with that where I live or drive to work, red head lights would be deemed “impersonation of an emergency vehicle“ and they would impound it in a heartbeat.
Those particular headlamps are programable for different colors, including street legal ones. He’s just having fun with it and probably not driving on public roads that way.

c3h5

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR All Ocean Blue
Those particular headlamps are programable for different colors, including street legal ones. He’s just having fun with it and probably not driving on public roads that way.
Ahh ok

BostonBilly

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU
It just pushes the wheels further out.

It's 100% cosmetic. I like the wheels to sit out just past the fender. I also like the factory wheels. So, instead of spending $1200+ on wheels I spent $200 on spacers and will have the look of a negative offset.
I put them on my 15 Sahara and it was cosmetic but some people use them to eliminate rubs also. I would guess95% are cosmetic

Martindfletcher

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ducati 1299s, 2018 JLUR
I installed the rear recline kit. I guess you can tell the difference. I dont sit back there enough to tell the difference anyway.

Definately need ya an air wrench or impact gun.

Unless you're He-man.
This is from the guy that can take his hard top off solo!