What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

Luco

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Unlimited Rubicon, 2016 GMC 2500 HD, 2010 Seneca Motorhome on Chevrolet C5500
I didn't think KC made those lights in LED. I thought they were halogen. If they really are LED, where did you get them?
I got them on Amazon. I have had them about a year, but they are still available.

KC HiLiTES 644 6" Pro Sport LED Spread Beam Pack - Pair
Sold by: Amazon.com
$344.79

EJ3CTA

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
My windshield banner came today. I thought black would look nice and it does, but you can only see it if you are dry humping the windshield. :cwl: I ordered a new banner from stickerhack.com. They have some pretty good options for vinyl lettering. The only drawback is that you can't specify a banner for a particular vehicle. You have to play with the font and letter spacing to get the size where you want it.

Windshield banner.png

BobK

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon Unlimited
Occupation
Semi-Retired
Vehicle Showcase

JCo

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport S JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Installed RC 2.5" spacer lift, Curt hitch, Tekonsha 4pin trailer harness, 2" wheel spacers and 33" BFGs on my 2018 JL Sahara. 1st Jeep I have ever owned and finding out quickly that the money spending really starts after you roll off the lot! Lol

IMG_20180716_182106.jpg
Where did you get the spacers? Do you have a shot from the front or back to gauge how far they go pushed out?

MACCTM

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, Honda Fury motorcycle, Infiniti QX30
Who did the install of the Rubi shocks and springs? Thinking of doing this. Is it very difficult?
I have a local guy that does lifts and tires for all the dealers in the area. I've done it myself on my 2 previous JKs. Not too hard. I bought the take off parts from him pretty cheap so I just spent the few hundred not to have to labor in the Phx heat for 4 hours. I'd have done it myself if it was winter and 75 degrees.

D-Mo

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL
Vehicle Showcase
Where did you get the spacers? Do you have a shot from the front or back to gauge how far they go pushed out?
See post above JCo!

D-Mo

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL
Vehicle Showcase
Spacers put the tires out about 1.5" past the fenders...that's the only pics I have. I can take another if you need one straight down the side...

Mad Beach

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport S
Bought it Saturday:

Sunday: installed my tailgate Molle bags and put on my 5.56, NRA and ASU stickers.

Tuesday: Had Rubi shocks and springs installed on my Sport S. Got a good 1.5 inches of lift. Will likely add 3/4 spacers at some point when the springs settle. Also installed Rubi rails to clean up the sides.

Today: removed the Wrangler unlimited stickers.

Tomorrow: Rubi 33 take offs go on

Next week: aftermarket leather going on as well as a Rubi front bumper.

That should do for the first month. :)

Had question for ya, if you don't mind. I still have stock suspension on my Sport S. Only looking to go to 33" tires. Do you think that will fit in factory set up ? What are the shocks and springs you put in ? Would just some spacers work ? I'll be camping mostly, no rock climbing so not looking for big set up. Appreciate it.

lookitsadam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Had question for ya, if you don't mind. I still have stock suspension on my Sport S. Only looking to go to 33" tires. Do you think that will fit in factory set up ? What are the shocks and springs you put in ? Would just some spacers work ? I'll be camping mostly, no rock climbing so not looking for big set up. Appreciate it.
If you're just going for 33s you don't need to change anything. If you search the forum you'll see a lot of people have put Rubicon take offs on their Sport with no issues (I think they actually measure 32.7").
I added 35s to my Sport but also added a 2.5in budget boost kit. I don't plan on doing any serious off roading either but have not had any issues since upgrading.

Mad Beach

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport S
If you're just going for 33s you don't need to change anything. If you search the forum you'll see a lot of people have put Rubicon take offs on their Sport with no issues (I think they actually measure 32.7").
I added 35s to my Sport but also added a 2.5in budget boost kit. I don't plan on doing any serious off roading either but have not had any issues since upgrading.
Thanks. Do you know if you add the Rubicon shocks & springs do you still need to worry about leveling ?