What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

Teghogh

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler jl sport
Installed DRL take offs to my sport fenders. Took me quite a long time but was able to figure it out. The sport lights were smaller which all I need to do for it to fit was cut my fender a bit more and then it sat right in.

0B0AA2C7-FF9D-42B5-89A4-7A005498C263.jpeg

66F30487-C4FF-4B7F-901A-02FA675FFD37.jpeg
nice job,
where did you get the LED drls?
any electrical modification ? thanks

Swanny297

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Installed RC 2.5" spacer lift, Curt hitch, Tekonsha 4pin trailer harness, 2" wheel spacers and 33" BFGs on my 2018 JL Sahara. 1st Jeep I have ever owned and finding out quickly that the money spending really starts after you roll off the lot! Lol

IMG_20180716_182106.jpg
Mind taking a picture from the rear and front so I can see how it sits with the spacers. Thinking of putting some on to run bigger tires.

JeepJL18

First Name
Jeep
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I will not be participating in this forum as of 8/31/2018. It's been a fun ride, but it's time to move on. Take care. - Dustin
Occupation
Installed my Racor Lift and yanked the hard top off for the first time, and took her for a spin of course.

NsR4ul2.jpg

A0LNIfl.jpg

jiX7wnf.jpg

Tid5MK4.jpg

How was It installing that lift for the top? Nice jeep!

STLYoungblood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S Ocean Blue
Vehicle Showcase
How was It installing that lift for the top? Nice jeep!
It wasn't all that bad to be honest. I was paranoid after reading reviews online of the lowered quality of this thing since prior iterations, so I called a few audibles. It has I think 8 lag screws that were about 2.5 inches long for each side of the bracket, but I added in 3 larger 3.5 inch lags to give it a bit more bite. I think most people on amazon seeing failures were likely not hitting joists or weren't using lags, but I wasn't going to mess around. Additionally, I hooked a lag hook on each of the corners also in joists, with a ratchet strap on each (each rated higher than the weight of the top) and pulled them so they were snug, but not holding the load. I liked that idea for two reasons. 1) Peace of mind...if something failed, I have a back up. 2) hit holds the shelf steady to nearly eliminate rocking.

I did install a bit too close to the wall, so it's a bit tricky getting my jeep in the perfect spot, but I'll at least be able to do it with the wife's car in the garage at the same time this way. Spent my lunch hour getting the brackets and axle installed, then got the shelf and everything hooked up this evening. So far, I dig it. Wish I had a corded drill, as it really wore out the battery on mine, but you do have the hand crank included as a back up.

JeepJL18

First Name
Jeep
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I will not be participating in this forum as of 8/31/2018. It's been a fun ride, but it's time to move on. Take care. - Dustin
Occupation

Luco

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Unlimited Rubicon, 2016 GMC 2500 HD, 2010 Seneca Motorhome on Chevrolet C5500
81ACCA11-CD53-4CC3-9050-5AF3FDDBA780.jpeg
Added a couple of KC LED lights that I had on my last Jeep.