First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Own a JLURubicon
Occupation
Retired US Army
No Bikini top. Like some others I am running the freedom panels only. My back seats stay down for my flat back cargo area.
But the rear white edge of the panels needed some black paint. The white edge just looked like hell from behind.
20180711_082747.jpg
Where did you buy the vinyl for the back of the seats and how did you install it? It looks great

RubiRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry guys, but this dash is becoming an obsession for me. Here are some of the dash ideas off the Easter Safari concepts. I really like the one with '41. I might see what i can draw up.

jeep-4speed-concept-33.jpg

jeep-jeepster-concept-30.jpg

jeep-sandstorm-concept-13.jpg
I for one would love to grab those fenders and wheels

MVIMG_20180327_193609.jpg

MVIMG_20180327_193703.jpg

MALL R8D

First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Rubicon
I for one would love to grab those fenders and wheels

MVIMG_20180327_193609.jpg

MVIMG_20180327_193703.jpg
Don't you have Black Rhino wheels? Is there something wrong with them?

Blu bi Kong

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
Where did you buy the vinyl for the back of the seats and how did you install it? It looks great
I did it just like this,
Jul 3, 2018
I have been asked for a few more details on my rear cargo deck. Took me awhile to put a write up together but here goes.
First of all, I wanted a level back cargo deck as low as possible while leaving seats in. Nothing like this exists so I designed and made my own.
A quick narrative how this started. I wanted a flat surface in the back area that was useful while leaving the back seats in place and having a some lockable storage with top off. I will be running no top 90% of the year. The pictures will show a flip up lid over the stock flip up jeep cargo box. My lid opens up and the other opens thru it. In the closed position while everything is flat, the pictures will show a flange on the bottom back edge of my lid piece. The tailgate simply closes over that and won't allow the hatch to open. A simple secure area with the top off. I also wanted to keep the rear seats. Seemed like it was easy enough to design something that worked with the seats in place. I can have seats up and functioning in 2 minutes flat while the rear area behind the back seats remains as my secure locked deck. Just a smaller area. The goal was to be able to put dogs, camping stuff, a load of groceries or chairs for the beach in a kind of pick up bed so I am not forever tying everything down onto the top of a Tuffy deck.
Hopefully this link to an album of pictures from pretty much start to finish will be fairly easy to follow after reading this description. Seemedimpossibly difficult to do pictures along with descriptions as I went! I can build a frikkin building or a house from the ground up or even design and create stuff like this project with ease. Getting me to learn the ins and outs of this damn computer is an entirely different animal. I am a complete retard. So here is the link to the album of pictures that may help make sense of how this was built.....
https://photos.app.goo.gl/D9si4x2ZskYPjV6r7.

Enjoy,
Vic

smuddy

First Name
shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Got tired of the door wiring harness/strap rubbing on my leg (I wear shorts a lot) so I unscrewed one of the screws to the side view mirror and attached a bungie to it. It's not all that tight and doesn't need to be. Very little pull is needed to raise the strap up.
20180713_153442.jpg
20180713_153422.jpg

pdavey168

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Sting Grey, 2020 JT Launch Edition Bright White, 2018 Porsche Macan S
Occupation
CEO offroadparts.com
Ace sliders installed, ARB compressor mounted and wired, then drove it.

IMG_1020-1.jpg

IMG_1021.jpg

IMG_1025.jpg

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Well, today, I received my Rigid Industries 20541 Black Back-Up Light Kit (Ignite LED Diffused, Surface Mount) from amazon today and installed them.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01HJ4G93G/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I used Aux 3 and ran 16g wire from the #3 Aux wire connect in the engine compartment, thru the passenger side frame rail (threaded it right thru the rail with a coat hangar) to the rear of the JL. Also had to drill for and place a self taping screw to use in grounding the lights.

Install was easy ... and would be for most anyone.

rigid-lites.jpg

pdavey168

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Sting Grey, 2020 JT Launch Edition Bright White, 2018 Porsche Macan S
Occupation
CEO offroadparts.com
How was the instal of the ACE sliders? The last set I had on my JK I had to grind washer... Did the bolts come out pretty easy on the JL?
These are newest version, no grinding needed.

EarlyJK

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 2dr JK
Got rid of the OE Exhaust and went with Magnaflow Pro Series Cat Back, love the sound and the placement of the down pipe(before rear axle)
Only thing not happy with Extreme Terrain at all. On its website it states that this setup will fit a 2door JL.... well it doesn’t (not even close)
When I called them to get “customer service” I basically got “Oh Well just try and cut it to fit”
After repeated back and forth they stated that it was a mistake on their website and they do not even have 2door Magnaflow Pro Series in stock as of yet. So I asked when they get them in stock can you send me the 2dr pipe that fits and I’ll send you back the 4door JLU pipe that doesn’t? They responded by saying “No, we can’t just swap a pipe out” I stated that I was able to frabricate a pipe to make the system work for the time being but I would eventually like to get the Magnaflow part that correctly fit my JL.
Extreme Terrain has lost all my future business and if you guys are smart you’ll do the same. What type of customer service is that!? On a $450 Exhaust no less. Crazy

456C561A-4560-44F9-BFDF-057683A5819F.jpeg

2567148D-C4BC-441A-84D0-D1C16C79EECC.jpeg

Kenny

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jl sports, 2015 JK Unlimited, 2013 JK @ Dr
Occupation
Village Idiot
Clubs

Got rid of the OE Exhaust and went with Magnaflow Pro Series Cat Back, love the sound and the placement of the down pipe(before rear axle)
Only thing not happy with Extreme Terrain at all. On its website it states that this setup will fit a 2door JL.... well it doesn’t (not even close)
When I called them to get “customer service” I basically got “Oh Well just try and cut it to fit”
After repeated back and forth they stated that it was a mistake on their website and they do not even have 2door Magnaflow Pro Series in stock as of yet. So I asked when they get them in stock can you send me the 2dr pipe that fits and I’ll send you back the 4door JLU pipe that doesn’t? They responded by saying “No, we can’t just swap a pipe out” I stated that I was able to frabricate a pipe to make the system work for the time being but I would eventually like to get the Magnaflow part that correctly fit my JL.
Extreme Terrain has lost all my future business and if you guys are smart you’ll do the same. What type of customer service is that!? On a $450 Exhaust no less. Crazy

456C561A-4560-44F9-BFDF-057683A5819F.jpeg

2567148D-C4BC-441A-84D0-D1C16C79EECC.jpeg
Could you post a video with sound please