What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

pichenet

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport S
Thanks. I am torn between getting the cheapest thing I can find until I can save up for the CMM mirrors, or spend a little more for the Lange Coyote mirrors and call it a day.
I just ordered the Lange mirrors. I saw in FB that someone installed and it scratched their paint. I also noticed some type of protective tape under the mount on their website (look closely at the mount in the pic). Keep that in mind if you go with those. They also said it shipped the next day even though it was pre order.

Jdegid

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler JL unlimited

Jdegid

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do those mirrors whistle when you are driving from the wind?
I have not noticed any whistling they do vibrate over 60 mph but it’s bearable

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
I just ordered the Lange mirrors. I saw in FB that someone installed and it scratched their paint. I also noticed some type of protective tape under the mount on their website (look closely at the mount in the pic). Keep that in mind if you go with those. They also said it shipped the next day even though it was pre order.
Let me know how you like them.

I just took my doors off but can't drive it anywhere until I get mirrors :(.

Very frustrating. Is there any place to pick up cheap mirrors without ordering them?

Jdegid

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
These look just like the cheapo mirrors I bought from Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B078NSY7R1/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

They work well. I had them on for a week last week and drove 60+ regularly. Once adjusted they were pretty solid- no movement, a little vibration, but usable. Mine do have a little whistle at 40 MPH+. I'm going to buy some plastic spacers to put between the nuts and the door hinge because I see the start of some marking on the paint on the edge. For what they are I'd recommend them. (They definitely aren't CMM mirrors!)
Actually these are the ones i got
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B073ZBTSBV/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I agree and will be buying washers as well. I was thinking of getting rubber isolator washers to help with the vibration issue to see if it helps

From0toJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Firecracker Sahara (ordered 4/16/18, received 5/12/18), 2015 QX60, 2012 5.0, 2013 Prius V (hers)
After 250 miles on it now at ~75MPH and taking it wheeling with some washboard roads last night, I can tell you i am seeing no rubbing at all - the velcro strap is pretty soft as it has a small amount of stretch. I am not worried about it scratching it all.

I am LOVING how locked down and tight my soft top is now. I was following my daughter in our '09 JK and I realized the JK was pretty rock solid of not having top movement even without straps. Glad I now have both Rubicons tops nice and secure.
Hairdryer & Dental Floss.
I used a hairdryer to heat up the area to make the glue soft, then put a towel wrapped block and pried up against it with a screwdriver... came off clean and easy
Many thanks

Blu bi Kong

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
My new custom made floor. Want to pull off hard top pretty much permanently when a solid Bimini too comes available and leave back seats down. Panels remove for one or both rear seats when I want seats. Center in back locks under tailgate when closed and flips up to then have original Jeep cargo flip lid to open as well. My aluminum hinge is getting welded Monday morning, then each pc of rubber mat will glue down and I will post you a few pics of all available configurations. I wanted a flat easy clean area for my needs, dogs and the ability to throw a grocery bag or something in back and not have it slide off top of tuffy box. So, I made my own!
20180609_085604.jpg
20180609_085815.jpg

Kenny

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jl sports, 2015 JK Unlimited, 2013 JK @ Dr
Occupation
Village Idiot
Clubs

My new custom made floor. Want to pull off hard top pretty much permanently when a solid Bimini too comes available and leave back seats down. Panels remove for one or both rear seats when I want seats. Center in back locks under tailgate when closed and flips up to then have original Jeep cargo flip lid to open as well. My aluminum hinge is getting welded Monday morning, then each pc of rubber mat will glue down and I will post you a few pics of all available configurations. I wanted a flat easy clean area for my needs, dogs and the ability to throw a grocery bag or something in back and not have it slide off top of tuffy box. So, I made my own!
20180609_085604.jpg
20180609_085815.jpg
Where did you get the mat?