What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

JINO

First Name
Jino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jlurd
I decided after this weekend on Gold Mountain I had to move my locker switches. They were installed by a shop on the panel below the steering wheel and I keep turning the switches on with my knee. :mad:

I installed this AuxBeam switch panel. Thanks to all on the forum that gave me advice. Installing electrical stuff is not my thing but eveything seems to be functioning so I call it a success.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_2330

I now need to replace this panel. Anyone know what #3 is called?

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_2330
Drove by gold mountain yesterday (assuming you're in ca).
Drove by Holcomb trail as well. It looked gnarly as hell from the washouts from the big storm.

SadRobot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2dr Sport
Drove by gold mountain yesterday (assuming you're in ca).
Drove by Holcomb trail as well. It looked gnarly as hell from the washouts from the big storm.
A group of us went this past weekend and did Gold Mountain. We attempted John Bull but the line was 20+ vehicles deep so we decided to do Little John Bull instead.

Along with determining this past weekend that these locker switches had to move I also decided now I want 37s. :)

SoCal JLUS

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara 2.0T
Clubs

A group of us went this past weekend and did Gold Mountain. We attempted John Bull but the line was 20+ vehicles deep so we decided to do Little John Bull instead.

Along with determining this past weekend that these locker switches had to move I also decided now I want 37s. :)
What size tires and make do you currently have now?

Mx5red

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Did a damage assessment and finally taped off the rocker panels so I could paint the pinch seamsšŸ˜‚
As mentioned above, Holcomb creek was no joke! But no damage besides skid plates/sliders, and Nomad rash rings.
(I noticed a wire ripped apart going to one of my rock lights, but I think thatā€™s from my 37 and I donā€™t consider that trail damage). So I used some solder seal connectors on the tiny wires and rigged it back upšŸ‘
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_3621
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_3620
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_3619
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_3615
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_3627

SadRobot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2dr Sport
Did a damage assessment and finally taped off the rocker panels so I could paint the pinch seamsšŸ˜‚
As mentioned above, Holcomb creek was no joke! But no damage besides skid plates/sliders, and Nomad rash rings.
(I noticed a wire ripped apart going to one of my rock lights, but I think thatā€™s from my 37 and I donā€™t consider that trail damage). So I used some solder seal connectors on the tiny wires and rigged it back upšŸ‘
Not too bad. I actually got some scratches on my Asfir skids for the first time at Gold Mountain. I was pretty excited about it as I struggled so much to install them and had yet to really need them.

C.Sco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4xe Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Installed my fire extinguisher when I got home from work today. Need to buy more stuff! All my projects are done

IMG_2330.jpeg
You can come over and work on mine if you're getting bored! I've still got, sitting in boxes:

• rock light kit
  • Metalcloak 4.5" rear springs
  • Metalcloak rear shock relocation brackets
  • Metalcloak Front Diff cover & skid
  • RC rear control arm skids
  • air compressor
  • Hothead head liners
Holy crap.... I thought I was getting close to finishing all my jeep projects, but when I type it all out as a list, it's looking a little overwhelming.

SadRobot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2dr Sport
True. They're around 34.4 inches. Lol, if you do get those 37", and are looking to sell, I might be interested!
I'll keep you posted. FYI they are the E rated. I think they barely have 5000 miles on them.

I have to do a test first with some 37s and see if I can fit in my garage. If I can't then this whole idea is a no go.

SoCal JLUS

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara 2.0T
Clubs

I'll keep you posted. FYI they are the E rated. I think they barely have 5000 miles on them.

I have to do a test first with some 37s and see if I can fit in my garage. If I can't then this whole idea is a no go.
How much heavier are the E rated over the C rated?

SadRobot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2dr Sport
How much heavier are the E rated over the C rated?
I'm not sure but I imagine someone on here can jump in with that info. I upgraded from KO2 33s C rated. I had wanted 35s C-rated but there was a whole mixup/miscommunication that happened and these are what I ended up with.

Personally I can't tell the difference in ride between the C & E. I've been told I'm supposed to though. There seems to be a lot of debate on whether C is better for a softer ride or Es are better because of the stronger sidewall. šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø

grandsrus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
Installed a set of Teraflex HD ball Joints today. 4.5 hours total. 300.00 total cost
I did not wait for originals to wear out, I just changed them out.
Everything pretty much still new, came apart with ease.
I did not drain oil, or separate the unit bearings. just pulled axles
I like the dual zerks, the preload adjustability, all steel construction, and the lifetime warranty.
What a major difference this made. The front end and steering tightened right up. like night and day. no more sloppy feel Regardless of what brand HD BJ you choose, I'm thinking this mod or improvement should be on everyone's short list if you are running larger tires and wheels.

Which BJ press kit/ install tool did you use?

CableDaddy

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Website
revkit.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLURD ā€œValkyrieā€
Occupation
Engineering Technician V
I have that same MC front diff cover, not installed yet. That passenger side tie-in looks dicey. Is there enough overlap to redrill that mounting hole inboard so it can be attached directly to the diff housing gusset like the driver's side?
I was thinking about that myself. I went to see if just adjusting it would work, and that (in addition to some mild hammering on the small bracket piece (it bent slightly during the torquing down), I was able to vastly improve the fit:

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_0961

That aside, the passenger side fin is quite small.. so I donā€™t think thatā€™s even possible. In fact, I wouldnā€™t even trust it if I was shown how. Itā€™s *small*. The bracket, as shown now, so far as I can tell.. is the absolute best bet and seems like thatā€™s how it was designed, unless Iā€™ve done something wrong. @Metalcloak input? Did I do this right?

All that aside, the only thing I can think of that would make it nicer/easier.. is if the bracket and skid were slightly beveled to mate together, so that it would be next to impossible for the bracket to slide off that tab. It does *feel* very secure, but Iā€™m not a rock nor am I slamming this diff against myself haha. I am going to the desert in the very early AM this Saturday to do some checks and last minute adjustments.. Iā€™m going to make sure to intentionally hit this thing to see how well the bracket holds into its position. If I see anything even remotely concerning I will be contacting metalcloak and let you (yā€™all) know about it. If not.. I suppose I will just be sure to monitor it.