First Name
rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jlr-2015 jette tdi-2013 mb
Occupation
retired
Getting gcp 1 power plug installed and gen pro 10x1 charger at 4wd shop.

Mx5red

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Thanks for the tip. I looked into it and just grabbed one of the permits for Soldier's Pass. We only have 1 day in Sedona, do you think I have time to hit Broken Arrow, Soldier's Pass and Schnebly in a day?
Someone more familiar may chime in, but I probably wouldnā€™t try all three. Have you been there? I would ideally do schnebly one way since itā€™s long, so if coming from outside Iā€™d enter off I-17 and come down into town, you see the views. It was very bumpy the whole way when I came in the fall.
Iā€™d for sure focus on doing Broken Arrow.
Iā€™d also spend some time walking through some touristy shops and stuff in town if havenā€™t been there before.
Soldier pass wasnā€™t a long drive but requires more hiking, so can eat up some time. To me that was last on the list besides schnebly but is cool if you have time.
If schnebly wasnā€™t a badge trail Iā€™d put it last, youā€™d see good views on broken arrow as well.

AMT

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T
Oh god what monster likes the smell of diff fluid.
So far, changing the diff. fluid has been the only thing my boys have refused to help with on the Jeep.
Tried to get the 8 year old to help. He walked in the garage and said, "Is that smell what we are gonna be working on?" I said yes and he promptly asked if he could not help this time.
Grabbed the 6 year old. He made it under the Jeep and got a few pumps of gear oil in the diff. then asked, "Papa, are you farting a lot?" I said, "No, it's the gear oil that is stinky."
His response, "I don't want to help put farts in the Jeep..." and left. I was honestly surprised as farts are about 50-60% of his daily conversation topics...

MacombRoger

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue
Occupation
Solution Architect
..., and AEV rear bumper w/ tire carrier.

Jeep_rear2.jpg
I love the AEV Rear bumper and tire carrier. Its on my "Someday" list right now.

Riperoo

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JLU Sahara Altitude Diesel
Installed the @DesertDoesIt seat slammers today.

So I originally had the Seat Jackers hoping that would help me out, just wasn't cutting it, so decided to jump all the way in and do the slammers. All in all, not a bad job, the hardest part is cutting up a perfectly fine seat frame, but that's just a mental hurdle. Follow the instructions, watch the video multiple times and all is good. Took me about 4 hours, and that was including shop set up and clean up. Just took my first drive and have to say that I am ecstatic with the results. Feels like my Jeep fits me now!!

Have a set of Seat Jacker now, HMU if interested.

IMG_2339.jpeg

IMG_2344.jpeg

IMG_2349.jpeg

IMG_2354.jpeg

AMT

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T
Adjusted my half doors to get a better seal.

Used a Benjamin to make me feel wealthier than I am. šŸ˜‚

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? D488DC74-CF72-422C-B1AA-A1A6A95F085A
I thought it was a metaphor for how expensive the half doors are... I envisioned you feeding the Benjy INTO the Jeep, like a vending machine, to have the doors appear.

mrtm1970

First Name
Marshall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Adjusted my half doors to get a better seal.

Used a Benjamin to make me feel wealthier than I am. šŸ˜‚

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? D488DC74-CF72-422C-B1AA-A1A6A95F085A
Only thing I found (which makes sense) is that after I adjusted mine to be VERY tight seal, it is a lot harder to take them out. I literally have to slam my palms up against the top to get them to come out, especially the front ones. Also just an FYI, having driven with very heavy cross winds yesterday, the fronts will flex away from the door frame and show a visible gap when it get hits with a gust from the opposite side.

mrtm1970

First Name
Marshall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Well after having to buy a replacement refrigerator instead of my new tires yesterday, I am prepping the AEV JK Borah wheels with the plastic screws for the installation scheduled now for next Thursday.

What is cool is the screw kits come with a bolt, machine to act as a tap:
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 1567A5AE-4D3B-408E-87AA-BC7D57369228

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 8B12263E-6472-4A9F-BB40-98EFE692AF77

With the Gorilla Black Lugs:
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? E2A2309A-A242-4DE6-9003-18E97F16401A

And the JLUR waiting patiently for his new wheels and tires:
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? BEA093A1-49F6-4160-AAC0-AD47D0B69253

Last edited:

Dwightrerskine

First Name
Dwight
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜22 JLUR XR, ā€˜20 Q7, ā€˜19 S5
Only thing I found (which makes sense) is that after I adjusted mine to be VERY tight seal, it is a lot harder to take them out. I literally have to slam my palms up against the top to get them to come out, especially the front ones. Also just an FYI, having driven with very heavy cross winds yesterday, the fronts will flex away from the door frame and show a visible gap when it get hits with a gust from the opposite side.
Agree on both your points! Iā€™ve had them in and out of the Jeep for about seven months and Iā€™m just now getting around to adjusting the doors. I noticed right away that it took some effort to get them in once fully adjusted.

Last edited:

JLanesey

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL sport, 1954 CJ3B
Occupation
HVAC
Last 24 hrs:

Ultimate Dana 44 4.88