First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ocean Blue JLU Sahara 3.6
Occupation
Independent strategy advisor
I actually sold mine today.... After it was stolen and then fingered a couple other times, just lost interest. I bought a 22 Crosstrek 6MT to replace it and ordered the Iron man 2 inch coilover lift, front and rear body armor bumpers, rock sliders, Anderson skid plates and lights/brackets this past week. A full UEL header exhaust is also on the way.
Its not a JEEP, never will be, but it will be fun and gets 29.9 MPG hand calc

until all of that goes on and the Subaru is put back together, Im back driving my Sammy tin top. Getting her running was synonymous with raising Lazerous from the dead. But shes running great now. Ill miss the Jeep for sure. One day Ill buy another one.

best of luck with the subie and see you here hopefully soon!

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
FB0E68B3-2D36-4866-9A47-933FBD81ED0A.jpeg

Added a pedal commander, wow what a difference!
YES. does make a difference!!

In early April of 2019, I was given free, a few different brands of throttle controller's to test/try on my 2018, 3.6 Automatic tranny, 2dr. JL Rubi. I was asked to try and then promote, etc..

Anyway, I found that most all of the throttle controllers did the same thing. I got rid of them all except the Pedal Commander. I've run with the Pedal Commander since 4/2019 and over 63,000 mi.

What's important to remember with a throttle controller in regard to your JL ... is that if you changes modes while actively driving .... pressing the gas pedal ........that you risk (highly likely) that you will have the JL throw a code and it go into limp mode... No this does not always happen but it is highly likely it will happen.

With that said, take your foot off the gas pedal .... wait a few seconds and then change modes.. Do not change modes while pressing/working the gas pedal.

IF you go into limp mode you will need a scan tool set up properly to clear the code/get your JL out of limp mode...

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

Soft top on, it is spring after all.
I just did the same thing over last weekend! First time running a soft top. Rather excited that the jeep is over an inch taller with the soft top

1A54C6BF-84D2-4F3C-9073-57B5513E0127.jpeg

crux360a

First Name
Kristen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Occupation
Towing and auto repair
that you risk (highly likely) that you will have the JL throw a code and it go into limp mode... No this does not always happen but it is highly likely it will happen.

IF you go into limp mode you will need a scan tool set up properly to clear the code/get your JL out of limp mode...
Thanks for the heads up :) my old man Owns a repair shop so we have scan tools ect.
just installed it 40mins ago. Went driving around for a bit, it sure likes to take off at a complete stop now. Lol.
I always feel like when I entered a round-a-bout that my peddle would lag hard core and felt like someone was gonna hit me. So hopefully this takes care of that!

Dlit

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL Recon
Clubs

I hate when dealers use that type of decal...do they think this is the 80's?? 😆

The last vehicle I debadged, a GMC Sierra ATX (WAY too overkill on the badges on those pickups), I used a combo of hair dryer to warm up the decal and adhesive and then used dental floss to gently "cut" the adhesive from behind the badges. Cleaned up any adhesive residue with some tar remover and a little elbow grease.

Just refrain from using your nails...I got a bit carried away and ended up scratching up the clear coat a bit and made more work for myself to buff them out afterwards lol

Good luck! 😁
Completely agree, put it in my contract purchase agreement no dealership badging

JasonInDLH

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 15 Yukon Denali
Occupation
I’d Rather Talk Jeep’s!
I’ve been working on my audio and finally got my Stinger Heigh10 head unit installed (albeit a few problems such as heated seats, heated steering wheel, and blind side cameras not working). Looks great though and I’m loving the EQ settings! I’m not looking forward to removing it to diagnose my problems though. 😔

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? B8E51033-BAF3-4FCA-A8A2-DD498EBF260C

I finally decided to cut off all the RCA ends that I’m not using to make more space. After adjusting the wiring several times I was barely able to get it in.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 75D5E6FD-0E65-41AC-B9E8-56D2A51FF5C7

My workstation to assemble it all…
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 84EADEE4-4BF7-4A50-8522-C24E0774BB34

Total install time currently is probably right around 7 hours (including removing and reinstalling trim pieces, etc). I’m guessing another two hours to pull it out again, fix my wiring, reinstall it, and zip tie a bunch of wires under my steering column.

XX4XEXX

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Question I've read a few posts that these rust. I'm not sure what would rust as everything is SS or Aluminum other then maybe the inner pivot on the joint butt if I recall those too are SS. A little drop of Triflow and solved.

Have these rusted or show any signs? I also noticed yours appear a tad offset is that normal or because they are JK?

thanks

I installed the DV8 hood latches, with some modifications. Always liked the looks of these, but didn't want to pay the $150 they are asking. As I type this, sites such as Amazon (https://a.co/d/3FQc7Dy) and even DV8's site are selling the JK version for $47, which is what I bought. From what I can tell, the only difference between the JL and JK version are the locating tabs on the lower half. The JK tabs don't line up with the JL holes, but I just snapped one of the tabs off and it fit fine. I also did not want the locking version since 1) I already have the Bolt hood lock, and 2) I got these just for looks and the locking pins they come with are hilariously HUGE, but you can't buy the non-locking version anymore. So I made my own.

I ordered two 5/16 quick release pins (https://a.co/d/hdroZgL) and some 3/32 vinyl coated steel cable (https://a.co/d/ecH7y14) from Amazon. I also made the cable considerably shorter so it doesn't contact the Jeep at all. I already had a crimping tool and some crimping sleeves. Overall total cost was about $75.

That said, if you do want the locking version, here's your chance to get them for $47.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 84EADEE4-4BF7-4A50-8522-C24E0774BB34

This is the gigantic locking pin and cable they come with. Other thing I didn't like is you can't leave them unlocked. You have to use the key every time you take the pin out or put it back in.

DHW

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Occupation
Attorney
Question I've read a few posts that these rust. I'm not sure what would rust as everything is SS or Aluminum other then maybe the inner pivot on the joint butt if I recall those too are SS. A little drop of Triflow and solved.

Have these rusted or show any signs? I also noticed yours appear a tad offset is that normal or because they are JK?

thanks
No rust or signs of rust, although they've only been on there about two months. I did put a small bit of lithium grease on the helm joints.

Yea the slight offset is due to it being a JK part. The top part fits with no issue but the locating tabs on the lower part are narrower than the JL holes. It will sit slightly off center one way or the other depending on which tab is broken off. I guess you could break off both tabs and get it perfectly straight, but then it would only be the main bolt keeping it from rotating. It is only slightly off center though.

Fast-n-Furious

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 392 XR
5-tire rotation for the second time at 9800 miles. The wheel chock and flex head torque wrench from Harbor Freight worked beautifully. I no longer need to use bricks to chock the wheels. And no more socket extenders, thumb up to the flex head design!

17C3DC31-F8B3-476C-BC4E-660C0FFE1CBE.png

8FC8C73C-C4ED-46CF-B852-F36A67E58000.png

JP29

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport
Finally did the mod I've been wanting to for over two years today - installed LoD Destroyer steps. Huge thanks to Mike @Headbarcode for his help and answering all my questions. They look fantastic on, I'm not looking forward to drilling the extra holes for the rear brackets but other than that I'm a pretty happy customer.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG20230322124433

Drivers side on after I loosened or broke the body bolt 😭

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG20230322143828

Passenger side on after I notched the factory skid plate to allow room for the bolt to go in straight and hit the flag nut. I swear this one just wanted to keep punking me by turning like it was threading and then falling out.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG20230322145355

Glam shot in the driveway after cleanup. I also gave her a wash today to free any road salt from getting trapped.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG20230322145407

city_kid

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JL 2dr Sport
This is a fun thread I’ve seen on a few other forums. Can be anything from mods to drives, to washes, etc. pictures are always a plus!

So what did you do to your Jeep today?
Found a hard top on Offer up! (for my JL 2DR). Removing the soft top was more work than I thought but I got it done. Also had to add some brackets for the freedom t top to clamp on to. found those on Amazon. Next adding a hoist system in my garage to easily install and uninstall top

dragoneggs

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Snazzberry Pearl JLR
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

Finally did the mod I've been wanting to for over two years today - installed LoD Destroyer steps. Huge thanks to Mike @Headbarcode for his help and answering all my questions. They look fantastic on, I'm not looking forward to drilling the extra holes for the rear brackets but other than that I'm a pretty happy customer.

Drivers side on after I loosened or broke the body bolt 😭

Passenger side on after I notched the factory skid plate to allow room for the bolt to go in straight and hit the flag nut. I swear this one just wanted to keep punking me by turning like it was threading and then falling out.

Glam shot in the driveway after cleanup. I also gave her a wash today to free any road salt from getting trapped.

Looks great... I am still undecided on aftermarket rail upgrade. Did you say you broke a body bolt??? What did/are you doing about that?

JP29

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport
Looks great... I am still undecided on aftermarket rail upgrade. Did you say you broke a body bolt??? What did/are you doing about that?
For now, nothing. Honestly not sure if I actually did or not - wrenched on the driver's side for ages and finally got some bangs and was able to turn it about 45 degrees. It didn't fall out or spin free but not drop though, so it could be I cleared the threadlocker in that specific, small area. For now, I'm just going to watch it and ensure it doesn't fall out or freeball. If it gets worse, that involves pulling carpet and hole sawing through the body to get to the captive nut 👁 👄 👁