What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

Rubi6mt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 6mt
Added the BOH trifecta from Rausch Creek I did a few weeks ago in order from easy (Trail 11), to interesting climb (Crawler Ridge) to OMG WTF, I'm still scraping hard on 37s (Crawl Daddy)
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 20230321_155145

Next up think will be Windrock for their 3 badges later this year to put on the Jeep
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 20230321_155445

Now any ideas on how to get rid of this awful dealer sticker/plaque without pulling the paint off? lol
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 20230321_160437

Edit got it out with the suggestions in a later post. tks all!
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 20230321_180449

Last edited:

Bill_BCNtoNY

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ocean Blue JLU Sahara 3.6
Occupation
Independent strategy advisor
Added the BOH trifecta from Rausch Creek I did a few weeks ago in order from easy (Trail 11), to interesting climb (Crawler Ridge) to OMG WTF, I'm still scraping hard on 37s (Crawl Daddy)

Next up think will be Windrock for their 3 badges later this year to put on the Jeep

Now any ideas on how to get rid of this awful dealer sticker/plaque without pulling the paint off? lol
I had success debadging mine by heating it up with a hairdryer (was afraid of using a heat gun), using a soft plastic trim tool to pry the emblems off and then removed the leftover gunk with one of those soft rubber wheels that attach to a drill

jmccorm

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Systems Engineering
Replaced the green can bus connection block behind the glove box. Hoping it cures the Christmas tree effect.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 1679431312628

I came here looking for inspirational items. I'm so sorry to have read about your CAN bus problems. Those are decidedly not fun!

JP29

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 1679431312628
What @Bill_BCNtoNY said, but I used some fishing line to separate the emblem from the paint when I rebadged from silver lettering to black. May leave behind some more gunk than prying, but I didn't want to potentially harm the paint, and it was nothing some goo gone couldn't cure.

Rubi6mt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 6mt
I had success debadging mine by heating it up with a hairdryer (was afraid of using a heat gun), using a soft plastic trim tool to pry the emblems off and then removed the leftover gunk with one of those soft rubber wheels that attach to a drill
Thanks! I'll give it a try.

Rubi6mt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 6mt
What @Bill_BCNtoNY said, but I used some fishing line to separate the emblem from the paint when I rebadged from silver lettering to black. May leave behind some more gunk than prying, but I didn't want to potentially harm the paint, and it was nothing some goo gone couldn't cure.
Thanks, I may try that too as I have fishing line handy

HydroBlue22

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU, '17 Colorado, ''24 Explorer, '13 Mustang
Occupation
Retired Project Controls
Drive in and out of the driveway, so I don't freeze in place lol. My heart isn't good enough to shovel, I got some of it though.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 20230321_131730
If you started the jeep and moved it back and forth, you wouldn't make the dogs work so hard!!

MayThe4x4BWU

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLURXR
Occupation
IT Small Business Owner
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 20230321_131730
I hate when dealers use that type of decal...do they think this is the 80's?? 😆

The last vehicle I debadged, a GMC Sierra ATX (WAY too overkill on the badges on those pickups), I used a combo of hair dryer to warm up the decal and adhesive and then used dental floss to gently "cut" the adhesive from behind the badges. Cleaned up any adhesive residue with some tar remover and a little elbow grease.

Just refrain from using your nails...I got a bit carried away and ended up scratching up the clear coat a bit and made more work for myself to buff them out afterwards lol

Good luck! 😁

Rubi6mt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 6mt
I hate when dealers use that type of decal...do they think this is the 80's?? 😆

The last vehicle I debadged, a GMC Sierra ATX (WAY too overkill on the badges on those pickups), I used a combo of hair dryer to warm up the decal and adhesive and then used dental floss to gently "cut" the adhesive from behind the badges. Cleaned up any adhesive residue with some tar remover and a little elbow grease.

Just refrain from using your nails...I got a bit carried away and ended up scratching up the clear coat a bit and made more work for myself to buff them out afterwards lol

Good luck! 😁
Thanks for the suggestion and all the other suggestions posted I got it out!! No scratches or marks...just taking my time and having a beer between breaks :beer:

License plate holder also chucked. now the only decals going on will be more BOHs.

Mudduck

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys 4door
I actually sold mine today.... After it was stolen and then fingered a couple other times, just lost interest. I bought a 22 Crosstrek 6MT to replace it and ordered the Iron man 2 inch coilover lift, front and rear body armor bumpers, rock sliders, Anderson skid plates and lights/brackets this past week. A full UEL header exhaust is also on the way.
Its not a JEEP, never will be, but it will be fun and gets 29.9 MPG hand calc

until all of that goes on and the Subaru is put back together, Im back driving my Sammy tin top. Getting her running was synonymous with raising Lazerous from the dead. But shes running great now. Ill miss the Jeep for sure. One day Ill buy another one.