What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

Jeepless

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLUR XR
Hate to tell you this, but you will definitely not be 'off' the next couple of days!
Still beats working! If my OCD doesn’t get the best of me it should go quickly. However, I’ve already pulled the chrome KMC from center caps to spray and now debating black beadlock bolts instead of gold lol. Time will tell.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
I got sideswipped on the freeway today by a pickup truck that wasn't paying attention, hit me and then drove off. Only very minor damage to the mirror and now have some silver paint on the tire.
No personal injuries. That's what matters. 👍

Were you or a dash camera able to record the license plate on the offending driver's vehicle?

SadRobot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2dr Sport
No personal injuries. That's what matters. 👍

Were you or a dash camera able to record the license plate on the offending driver's vehicle?
Sadly, no. I have no dash cam and by the time I got my Jeep back in control the truck was already gone.

carmigo

First Name
Carmigo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Got in its first accident. I got sideswipped on the freeway today by a pickup truck that wasn't paying attention, hit me and then drove off. Only very minor damage to the mirror and now have some silver paint on the tire. Realistically I probably did more damage this weekend driving on rocks than this so just grateful I'm ok and that no one was in the lane to my left when I was hit from the right.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 5E3B08F5-35AD-4E7A-8B5D-BEA670B9DA0E

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 5E3B08F5-35AD-4E7A-8B5D-BEA670B9DA0E
Glad to hear the damage was minimal, but how rude of them to just drive off. Good think all is okay.

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

To connect and safely run a ring terminal to SAE pigtail from the Auto Start Stop (ASS) battery is so easy on the diesel😌

From what I understand removing the aux battery in the diesel is a simple matter of removing the wires (wrapping where necessary), removing the main, undoing some bolts, and removing the aux. There's an incredible amount of heated debate in other threads about the "correct" way to do what's apparently simple on diesels.

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Glad to hear the damage was minimal, but how rude of them to just drive off. Good think all is okay.
It's hit and run. That's significantly more than just rude.

Daffydnbugs

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Wrangler RUBICON
I really wanted some driving lights for both on and off road, but the problem was I have the plastic bumper. You can’t simply bolt lights to it as it is fairly flimsy, if we’re being generous.

Mopar makes some brackets but they space the lights out further than I wanted. I prefer the lights close together; no more than 1-light diameter separating the 2 lights. FYI Iwanted the ARB lights but they are like $800 😳. The knock offs on Amazon were $89 😁

So I fabricated some steel brackets which held a square tube section that I could mount the lights to; allowing me to locate the lights wherever I chose. Worked great, but as usual for me I overtightened the bolts and crushed the square stock. Typical 🤬

With the lights installed I had to find a way to turn them on. I do not have the factory aux switches and to be honest the kit is pretty expensive. Two things however worked in my favor: One the Jeep came pre-wired with RF garage door openers on the sun visor and two, I don’t have a garage. So it would seem I have have aux switches after all, if I could only figure out how to use them.

I saw a post here where a member purchased a RF relay to use the garage door buttons to control other things. Well now I was off and running! A 30 amp RF relay from Amazon and I had light!
Super fun project. Love all the tinkering. Love the results even if I crushed the square stock a little, ish.

Any chance of more info on the rf relay? Sounds like a good use for the remaining button on my visor.

DMead

First Name
Derik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wrangler Willys
Looks great! Definitely prefer the black to silver lug nuts. Looks like a fun DIY for the day too.
Yes is was definitely a good day to do it here in coastal Texas. But then again everyday is a good day when working on the Jeep.

mtbjeep

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Any chance of more info on the rf relay? Sounds like a good use for the remaining button on my visor.
Here is info from Amazon. WOODGUILIN 12V Remote Control Switch,DC12V/24V/48V/72V 30A Relay,Waterproof Remote Control Switch with 984FT Long Range for Anti-Theft Alarms,Roller Lind Door,Ceiling Lights,Gate Barriers.(12V 300M)

the_jeepeo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon
From what I understand removing the aux battery in the diesel is a simple matter
Why do they remove it? Weight savings?
Why remove a perfectly good additional battery that the vehicle has been designed to run with? I like having the additional amp hours that I paid for and the additional life the main battery should see with a healthy ASS battery attached. The solution pictured makes that easily achievable if you’re not always running it.