What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Finished installing / wiring the GenRight tire carrier along with the Oracle flush mount tail lights.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_20230205_163420

I have to mount the Mopar XR wheels backwards as the front face hits the mounting bolts on the rack (I think it needs a deeper concave wheel or atleast a wider one).

I also wasn’t planning on getting the Oracle lights BUT since the XR tail lights have a spacer that makes them stick out further, it would not work with the tire carrier as it gets in the way of it opening. Hence the flush mount lights (tho the regular tail lights will work too).

I’ve read so many issues with the Oracle lights that I also went ahead and ordered a TAZER. I wanted to be able to clear the lights out code that the oracles are known to throw. FUNNY ENOUGH, mine has not thrown any error codes! Didn’t have to play with the Tazer to change LED settings or w/e nor did I use the resistor that Oracle sends out with the lights. I just plugged them in and they’ve been great so far! I DO love the fact that the reverse light is effing bright!

Well I’ve had this JL since October and I’ve already drilled holes into the body. Guess there’s no turning back now. The Pandora’s box is open!

Next up: 37s on Dirty Life Mesa beadlocks. (So these mopar XR wheels/tires will be up).
Oracle fixed the LED issue a while ago with their lights AFAIK.

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

Washed her today. Then fought with two of the tires looking like a copper pipe. I apparently have nothing here that will get it off. Next time I am at the store Ill look for something else. I dont want my tires shiny but I sure dont want them brown....less its dirt then its ok HAHA.
Back to black. It’s just a deep cleaning solution. No shine at all

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

While waiting on my Jeep to get back from shop I drove out 2.5 hrs each way to meet a forum member and purchased his soft top he had laying around after selling his Jeep. Was a beautiful day for a drive.

5AF66EF7-E30B-4EA0-9360-3A24511BBA58.jpeg

frank-o

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392 SOT, JLUR SOT, Prior JLUR Sting, 10thA JKUR
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 5AF66EF7-E30B-4EA0-9360-3A24511BBA58
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 5AF66EF7-E30B-4EA0-9360-3A24511BBA58
Took advantage of a mild day at the Jersey Shore. Washed and applied some products from Chemical Guys.
I'm pleased with the results!
Did the same and used Chemical guys ceramic products!!! And 303 tire shine and protectant.

Bryce

First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I installed the Rancho rear lower control arm glide plates my wife got me for Christmas. Its a beautiful day in Georgia, so I took advantage of it and worked on the Jeep.
Let me tell you, something with 7 simple instructuons and 4 bolts and nuts sure was a MFer!!! Once the shocks decompress, you need the super strength of 10 men to recompress them... or use a jack and work real fast to line it up and jam the bolt in real quick if you are by yourself. After 5 or 6 tries, you get good at it.
Then the passenger side control arm wasn't lining up in its hole. I got it back in, but won't give details so someone else doesn't try my methods and get hurt.
But its done and I'm happy with it.

To be honest, if I had the Jeep up on a lift, this would be infinitely easier. ♾️

Now for some dinner and a few drinks to celebrate my accomplisment

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 20230205_173051
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 20230205_173043

Last edited:

sciotola88

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Willys Ecodiesel and 2020 JTR
Occupation
Underwriter
Will do. Thanks for the tip. Did you have LED fender lights previously? I don't have LED and don't have a tazer yet. Do you think it would be possible to retrofit the halogens somehow until I get a tazer?

I had halogen prior to the new fenders. I had to upgrade my tazer from the lite to mini so I could change the bulb type. Before I did this the turn signals stopped working.

jhackathorne

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR
Washed her today. Then fought with two of the tires looking like a copper pipe. I apparently have nothing here that will get it off. Next time I am at the store Ill look for something else. I dont want my tires shiny but I sure dont want them brown....less its dirt then its ok HAHA.
You actually need a dedicated tire cleaner. I recommend Tuf Shine Tire Cleaner. I've used to for years for cleaning tires and the tire dressing lasts weeks on the wife's cars. Usually you';ll need to clean them a couple times before they get back to their natural black again. MT/AT tires are harder to get perfect though due to sidewall lugs.

Edit... link addition: https://www.detailedimage.com/TUF-SHINE-M50/Tire-Cleaner-P549/22-oz-S1/

AZ Hella

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Front diff oil change and added MetalCloak Front diff cover and skid. Rear got diff oil change, RC diff skid, and rear LCA skids as well. No more projects to do. At least with parts waiting to be done.

The RC rear diff skid is the best value in the skid space imho. It’s a solid chunk of steel and can take a hit.

AZ Hella

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
The KC Flex Era 4's have some company now.
I installed a set of KC Flex Era 3 Dual mode Fog light kit for OEM steel bumpers
KC has Fog light Adapter harnesses so you can use your OEM fog light switch and wire the off road section to an Aux switch

IMG_1613.jpg

IMG_1614.jpg

IMG_1615.jpg

IMG_1616.jpg

IMG_1612.jpg
Thanks alot man! Now I have to buy those FE3’s. You people continue to cost me money.

jhackathorne

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR
The RC rear diff skid is the best value in the skid space imho. It’s a solid chunk of steel and can take a hit.
Agreed. I have a buddy who's ran this skid and never had an issue and he has beat his up. I'd normally shy away from Rough Country items, but some items aren't worth more of a price tag for a brand name.